Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UNLEASH THE BEAST: 2023 Ram 3500 Laramie Mega Cab Prospector XL

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

UNLEASH THE BEAST: 2023 Ram 3500 Laramie Mega Cab Prospector XL​

Ready To Off-Road With The Whole Family...​

1677502856706.png

Ram Trucks have always been known for their exceptional off-road capabilities, but this 2023 Ram 3500 Laramie Mega Cab 4×4 takes it to a whole new level. This powerhouse of a truck has been upfitted by American Expedition Vehicles (AEV) to be one of its Prospector XL off-road models, making it one of the most capable off-road trucks on the market

jsalbre

Reaction score
“I want to off-road. Give me some leaf springs that don’t flex, an extra 900 pounds of diesel engine, and an extra foot of length. Also, get me that 5th wheel prep group so I can tow my toy hauler, but lift me 3” and put on some 40s so I can’t actually hook anything up.”

I bet she looks good parked out in front of the 4 Wheel Parts store though.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Dumb question, are the hood scoops functional or just looks cool? I'm guessing the snorkel is connected to the actual intake?

Just my .02 but they should've at least picked a 2023 Rebel model.

waveslayer

Reaction score
Always known for their off road performance... new to me other than the TRX abilities , which are good... but not the best

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

flan

Reaction score
Snorkel is functional.
Dumb question, are the hood scoops functional or just looks cool? I'm guessing the snorkel is connected to the actual intake?

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
My old 4-door Wrangler was too long for some of the trails we used to do and I would have to winch out/off. I absolutely cannot imagine trying to wheel in a mega cab, especially with its turn radius. I do love AEV products though, their Jeep suspension was amazing, better than stock ride quality with over 3" of lift!

This truck is not an off road platform. Source:

20230128_231223.jpg

UglyViking

Reaction score
“I want to off-road. Give me some leaf springs that don’t flex, an extra 900 pounds of diesel engine, and an extra foot of length. Also, get me that 5th wheel prep group so I can tow my toy hauler, but lift me 3” and put on some 40s so I can’t actually hook anything up.”

I bet she looks good parked out in front of the 4 Wheel Parts store though.
Ah, dude so close but wrong. The guy that buys this doesn't know where to find a 4 wheel parts store. He does know where to find the high end shopping malls though!

Nick

Reaction score
I had a 1974 FJ 40 Toyota Land Cruiser . Bought new $ 5,400 a great off road machine bullet proof drive train . Drove it across country twice and beat the hell out of it off roading . Through all the years I owned it . It never broke down . Hands down better than the Jeeps back it the day . The motor was ok just burned the # 5 exhaust valve every 25 k. I got pretty good at getting the head off . One of the dumbest things I did was sell it !

jsalbre

Reaction score

The scoops on the new ‘23 “Performance” hood are “real”, but blocked off. You can open them easily if you want in about 5 minutes, but there’s no benefit to it unless you’re going to fab up some plumbing under hood.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Ah, dude so close but wrong. The guy that buys this doesn't know where to find a 4 wheel parts store. He does know where to find the high end shopping malls though!
Sorry, you’re right. I revise my statement. It’ll look great parked out in front of the Galleria in Houston.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
$136,000 for one of these. That's Lamborghini Gallardo money... I thought mine was already stupid enough on the price

jsalbre

Reaction score
Also a missed opportunity; if any vehicle needs the cab over clearance lights it's this one.
The interesting thing is that because of the width of the added flares and tires it actually legally requires clearance lights. That's why AEV has them on their flares, but this truck needs roof lights too in order to be legal.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My old 4-door Wrangler was too long for some of the trails we used to do and I would have to winch out/off. I absolutely cannot imagine trying to wheel in a mega cab, especially with its turn radius. I do love AEV products though, their Jeep suspension was amazing, better than stock ride quality with over 3" of lift!

This truck is not an off road platform. Source:

View attachment 52604

Mega Wheelbase is shorter than the CCLB, it's got that going for it.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Looks like a beast. I just can't un-see that snorkel thing. I'm sure some of y'all remember the thread where the guy's wife said the snorkel reminded her of someone holding their arm up in a gooseneck fashion with their hand sticking out now that's all the guy can see when he sees the snorkel.

Now that's all I can when I see that snorkel. Not to mention, that kind of money would by 2 loaded up work trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread