Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unconnect Box Error

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Any word on this Steph? I'm going on months of this now... THX
Hi dub96,

We're not advised of an exact date when the update will be released at this time, but it is expected to release soon.

Steph
Ram Cares

bobbo7915

Reaction score
my truck performed an OTA uconnect box update over the weekend, seems to have cleared up the constant uconnect box error messages for the time being.

Hornschuch

Reaction score
I just bought my first RAM and have had it in the shop 4 times while they work with RAM engineering to resolve ingoing Uconnect errors. Software was updated and the error came back. Wiring checked and both antennas replaced, the error seemed to have been fixed and the I started getting it again. It's back in the shop with no resolution from RAM engineering except they don't want to replace the assembly yet.. I'm picking up my truck and will need to bring it back to the shop for a 5th time all for dealing with this Uconnect error. RAM really needs to do better.

JeffHein

Reaction score
I bought my 2022 used in June. Started getting this message a couple days after. Took it to the dealership and they replaced the telematics box. They also ordered an antenna that was on backorder. They finally installed that last week. Stopped getting the message for a couple days, but sure enough it is back now. Messaged the dealership and they asked me if I had called Uconnect to see if the could correct the issues. Obviously, I hadn't since it said on the message to take it to an authorized dealer. Went ahead and called them and they said there was an update I should be getting. Has anyone else received the update yet? I figured I've been dealing with it for three months I would've received it by now.

hoLLa

Reaction score
If the msg come up constantly and has a open antenna code bring it to the dealer

WarrenD

Reaction score
Got my 2023 in November, no issues during the 2 test drives. But once I got it home, it popped up & pops up every time I start the truck.
"Uconnect box requires service. Please visit an authorized dealer."
I called the Dealers service center, was told they don't have anything to do with this. call uconnect" ???
This is the same shop that told me, Ram trucks (Cummins) no longer use block heaters any more.

Is there a way to force Uconnect to check for an update?

Build Number: FCA-MY23.T27.46-PROD

jebruns

Reaction score
That's the latest level, as far as I know. Have you tried rebooting it, or a factory reset?

Enve46

Reaction score
My 23 Power Wagon started doing the same thing. I’m not taking it to the dealer for something clearly none of them know how to fix. Hoping it’ll fix itself with an update.
I’ve rebooted twice now without a fix

ammdrew

Reaction score
How can you check what the error code is? Is there a way with alphaobd?

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Mine has been doing this in the pics. Took it in, dealership said they had to check all the connections prior to replacing the telematics box.. so I’ll have to drive for a bit and see if it comes back. Also the codes the dealership was getting when they plugged it in. From these posts it sounds like telematics box replacement might not take care of it.

6cd837ae654b97d5a2ac7112818f253d.jpg

d376e89567030d99d9514a8080335237.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enve46

Reaction score
Anyone have up date on this error? Mine is still popping up

CI6

Reaction score
I had to get the module replaced, fixed the issue

It was not a software issue but hardware

Don’t believe there will be any software update that will fix it

Enve46

Reaction score
I had to get the module replaced, fixed the issue

It was not a software issue but hardware

Don’t believe there will be any software update that will fix it
Thanks!

Tlpollock

Reaction score
I have been getting Uconnect Box errors periodically but nothing seems to be wrong (everything works fine except for the annoying error). Anyone know the fix for this?
Mine had a bad shark fin antenna, maybe I damaged it in a tight parking garage . They replaced it and my problem went away.

Firebird

Reaction score
Mine is doing this now, dealer said my software is current, and they don't know how to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread