Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unconnect Box Error

downsc123

Reaction score
I have been getting Uconnect Box errors periodically but nothing seems to be wrong (everything works fine except for the annoying error). Anyone know the fix for this?

Attachments

• 20220814_134730.jpg
    20220814_134730.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 75

arx237

Reaction score
search this on interwebs:

TSB: S2108000015 - REV. H
Release Date: March 2022
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Uconnect Box Requires Service Message

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thanks. I read the TSB. No way to correct without the dealer doing it?
Hello Downsc123,

That is correct, the dealer would need to check out your vehicle if you're currently receiving that error message. That is the correct TSB.

William
Ram Cares

Hibiki54

Reaction score
I have been getting Uconnect Box errors periodically but nothing seems to be wrong (everything works fine except for the annoying error). Anyone know the fix for this?
I have had this issue before. Take your truck to any Ram Dealership service department and have them check it out. This is a known issue and it is covered under warranty.

CI6

Reaction score
Does the dealer actually fixed anything if there are no error codes, seems like it’s supposed to get a certificate but that should happen without a dealer visit. This comes and goes on my 2022 PW. It’s annoying, hoping a software update fixes this error message

Can ram cares definitely state if a dealer visit is required to get rid of the message or will a software update remove this. Waste of time to take it in for this simple error message.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Does the dealer actually fixed anything if there are no error codes, seems like it’s supposed to get a certificate but that should happen without a dealer visit. This comes and goes on my 2022 PW. It’s annoying, hoping a software update fixes this error message

Can ram cares definitely state if a dealer visit is required to get rid of the message or will a software update remove this. Waste of time to take it in for this simple error message.
C16,

With the Uconnect Box error message, it is recommended to have our certified dealer check out the problem. There are about 3 TSBs that are related to the Uconnect Box concern, depending which codes is showing up.

William
Ram Cares

CI6

Reaction score
So I take it that there is no magical software update to fix the issue, remember seeing something to the effect that a software update would address it. Wished Ram would have debugged uconnect 5 before releasing it, oh well guess QA is not a Ram thing

CI6

Reaction score
just noticed that when the error message shows up the LEDs for the SOS and Call button in the overhead turn red

When the message does not pop up the LEDs are off. Does this indicate some hardware issue?

o4major97

Reaction score
just popped up on my 2022 on Saturday.....next oil change will hopefully do the update as well.

CI6

Reaction score
argh this is frustrating, took it to the dealer for this and recalls, diagnosed with a bad telematics module.. had to wait for the part, today took it in for the telematics module replacement..
guess what pops up on the drive home. same error message.. only difference now is that SOS and Call button LEDs do not light up red, but same error code.. guess another dealer visit

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
argh this is frustrating, took it to the dealer for this and recalls, diagnosed with a bad telematics module.. had to wait for the part, today took it in for the telematics module replacement..
guess what pops up on the drive home. same error message.. only difference now is that SOS and Call button LEDs do not light up red, but same error code.. guess another dealer visit
Hello CI6,

We recognize the frustration this is causing and ensured the feedback among the forum is being shared towards the internal teams for resolution. If you need any additional support working with your dealer, you're welcome to PM our team further details, including your VIN and dealership details, for assistance.

Steph
Ram Cares

dub96

Reaction score
My dealer said there is nothing you can do until an OTA update comes out!

Tlpollock

Reaction score
I just got mine repaired for this a few weeks ago. So far so good .
They found a high resistance in my shark fin Antenna and replaced it.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
My dealer said there is nothing you can do until an OTA update comes out!
Hi dub96,

We can confirm the dealer is correct on this! We're advised of an upcoming over-the-air update that is expected to release soon to resolve the pop-up message.

Steph
Ram Cares

dub96

Reaction score
Any word on this Steph? I'm going on months of this now... THX

dub96

Reaction score
Not sure, I had a picture of it, I must have deleted it... Point is, I shouldn't have to care, my 80K truck should work!

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Not sure, I had a picture of it, I must have deleted it... Point is, I shouldn't have to care, my 80K truck should work!
Point being, if you don’t let us know what version you are on, then nobody here can help you. You might as well just start a private conversation with ramcares, and see how far you get with that.

dub96

Reaction score
I'll check on this tonight, at work and drove the Jeep this morning... Thanks, I will post later today!

Users who are viewing this thread