Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 to Uconnect 5 with Nav and HD

jake2544

Reaction score
My Bighorn came with the 8.4 non nav, anyone know if a 8.4 nav with HD can be swapped out. I’ve done it in earlier Rams. Oh yea, it’s a 2022.

Red Fish

Reaction score
I have the same question. I have a 2022 Laramie 2500 with Uconnect 5.0 8.4 non-nav and would like to find out how to get the nav feature. Is the 5.0 8.4 non-nav actually a different unit than the navigation unti, or can you simply pay to activate the nav feature on the non-nav version?

experimentalak

Reaction score
Just researching on updating my 2022 RAM 5500 Non-Nav to try and get the 8.4" Nav installed. So far my research has shown that my connections are different then that of most forums and videos I see online. Most have a big black connection in the back of their screen that then gets connected to the NEW Radio Module... Mine has a bunch of small connections. Seeing if anyone has a lead on this upgrade? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 8

KneeDeep

Reaction score
My Bighorn came with the 8.4 non nav, anyone know if a 8.4 nav with HD can be swapped out. I’ve done it in earlier Rams. Oh yea, it’s a 2022.
I know on a 2018 it is a different radio for Nav. I inquired about it early on and that’s what the dealer told me. I am not sure about 2022

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Just researching on updating my 2022 RAM 5500 Non-Nav to try and get the 8.4" Nav installed. So far my research has shown that my connections are different then that of most forums and videos I see online. Most have a big black connection in the back of their screen that then gets connected to the NEW Radio Module... Mine has a bunch of small connections. Seeing if anyone has a lead on this upgrade? Thanks
You’ll need 2 custom cables that I build to go from 8.4 non-nav to 8.4 nav UC5. PM me for details on those cables.

jake2544

Reaction score
You’ll need 2 custom cables that I build to go from 8.4 non-nav to 8.4 nav UC5. PM me for details on those cables.
Thanks for that info jimmy. Is it just the radio we need to purchase or do we need a module as well , plus your cables. Where is the best place to purchase a UC 5 nav radio from?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Thanks for that info jimmy. Is it just the radio we need to purchase or do we need a module as well , plus your cables. Where is the best place to purchase a UC 5 nav radio from?
Screen, radio module, center dash screen bezel, cables, and alfaobd.
Try bamwholesale, allmoparparts, car-part, eBay, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread