Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 8.4 in 2018 ram 3500 diesel

Goodmo

Reaction score
Hello, trying to fix problem. I have 2018 ram 3500 diesel.i had standart ac, then instal uconnect ra3 with wiring and climate module and new bezel. Everything works fine with climate on screen. I didn't change anything with alfaobd. Then I bought uconnect 5 with 8.4 screen. Everything works great but I don't have climate on this uconnect and can't change ac zones and cant see what temperature. Maybe somebody had the same problems, how you fix it? Thank you.

Goodmo

Reaction score
Didn't even know that you could, was it a direct plug and play then?
Sorry, didn't see you ask something(this forum kind of dead, nobody haven't any information about uc5 in 4th gen). Yes it is directly plug and play, everything works if you have manual ac. Only one issue is you have auto climate or 8.4 before. This uc5 didn't pick signal from 4th gen rams Climate module. All another staff works as it should. If you want pm me and I show in video call how it works.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't see you ask something(this forum kind of dead, nobody haven't any information about uc5 in 4th gen). Yes it is directly plug and play, everything works if you have manual ac. Only one issue is you have auto climate or 8.4 before. This uc5 didn't pick signal from 4th gen rams Climate module. All another staff works as it should. If you want pm me and I show in video call how it works.
With the 8.4 screen, the trucks have manual analog dials for climate control. It is one of the reasons I prefer the 8.4 over the 12 inch screen being old school. The only ones with the electronic climate control are the 12 inch units because there is no room for analog type controls. I presume the programming is different for the 8.4's vs the 12 inch. My 8.4 has limited electronic climate controls like where the air blows and that's it I believe. I never looked for anything else.

Goodmo

Reaction score
With the 8.4 screen, the trucks have manual analog dials for climate control. It is one of the reasons I prefer the 8.4 over the 12 inch screen being old school. The only ones with the electronic climate control are the 12 inch units because there is no room for analog type controls. I presume the programming is different for the 8.4's vs the 12 inch. My 8.4 has limited electronic climate controls like where the air blows and that's it I believe. I never looked for anything else.
my uc 5 8.4. But never pop up climate menu where put air and that's reason why I use manual climate. I want use oem bezel for 8.4 but without icons on screen where I need put air I can't use it. With manual climate and 8.4 bezel for manual climate everything works and looks fine. Only one thing I missing is volume knob on panel.( A lot people says infotaiment bezel with sound knob is trash, but I never try it).

Reaction score
no worries, sent you a DM. Just trying to figure out what I want to do as my UC4 screen is messed and I can find UC5s cheaper than UC4s

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
If everything from your 2018 truck plugged directly into the new radio, without any adapter harnesses, then that is not a UC5 radio.
You can see if you can get the climate controls to show up in the radio by using AlfaOBD to change VehConfig 3: HVAC Configuration to “Dual Zone ATC”. Since you converted your 2018 to auto climate control, you probably have that setting set to “Single Zone ATC”, and that configuration does not work on a 2019+ Ram Heavy Duty 8.4” radio.

Goodmo

Reaction score
If everything from your 2018 truck plugged directly into the new radio, without any adapter harnesses, then that is not a UC5 radio.
You can see if you can get the climate controls to show up in the radio by using AlfaOBD to change VehConfig 3: HVAC Configuration to “Dual Zone ATC”. Since you converted your 2018 to auto climate control, you probably have that setting set to “Single Zone ATC”, and that configuration does not work on a 2019+ Ram Heavy Duty 8.4” radio.
I have uc5 8.4 radio, everything works, only climate control doesn't work. And use 3knob ac manual module with 4speed ac. And I have adapter harness from big black connector to 2 green and blue connector for radio and 2 cables usb connector.easy can buy this connectors on ebay. Dodge just change connectors type on uc5, but still the same wires. Looks like they change shape of connectors to make money and trying to show uc5 only for new trucks.but uc5 works great on my 2018 and 2016 hd 3500 trucks. Thank you I will try to change it on alfa obd to dual climate. I really need to try it to put climate module back. I also have all wiring on dash and modules from dash board from 2022 truck, how do you I think can use 360 camera module on 2018 truck? I want put 360 cameras on my 2018 hd.

Just add 2 zone climate in alfa and truck start to show climate option but still can not change temperature normally on push one time up always going to hottest and one tap on cold always going on maximum ac. I can not upload video here. In display can move temperature but not with bezel buttons.

Now trying to turn back in alfa obd to single climate, but nothing changes after, still shows double climate ((
Upd changed to single working

Last edited:

Goodmo

Reaction score
Photo of unit uc5 works

Attachments

• IMG_5076.jpeg
    IMG_5076.jpeg
    516.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5075.jpeg
    IMG_5075.jpeg
    557.2 KB · Views: 9