Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 4 to uconnect 5 plug

Patriot 1

Reaction score
Looking to purchase or possible Mopar part number to connect the uconnect 4 radio harness to a uconnect 5 radio harness. Infotainment sells it in their kit only. They won’t sell the harness alone.

Attachments

• 8D330E2E-CAFC-48F5-87DA-C5E4E5BCC80C.jpeg
    8D330E2E-CAFC-48F5-87DA-C5E4E5BCC80C.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 42

bkauffman423

Reaction score
I'm also interested in this. Has anybody successfully moved from uconnect 4 to 5? Harness connections are clearly physically different. Any other issues with getting it to work such as the lack of camera for Uconnect 5's interior cabin camera feature? Any software update needed to get it recognized by the vehicle... does it require coding? How about the security code or VIN from the donor vehicle? Just trying to figure out what all is required before attempting an upgrade. I haven't seen the harness adapter available anywhere either.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I'm also interested in this. Has anybody successfully moved from uconnect 4 to 5? Harness connections are clearly physically different. Any other issues with getting it to work such as the lack of camera for Uconnect 5's interior cabin camera feature? Any software update needed to get it recognized by the vehicle... does it require coding? How about the security code or VIN from the donor vehicle? Just trying to figure out what all is required before attempting an upgrade. I haven't seen the harness adapter available anywhere either.

Users who are viewing this thread