Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12" Screen Fixes Needed and Suggested New Features

bmarrs

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

This may be an old topic but worthy of getting in front of RamCares / Unconnect again. These are my suggestions. Group, please add to or give a thumbs up or comment. The more responses the more likely we will get something done:

(my truck is a 2022 2500 Diesel, Longhorn Limited with 12" screen, surround camera, trailer camera, digital rearview mirror).

UCONNECT FIXES NEEDED:

1. Display Dark/Light Mode Views: Regardless of which you select, either the map is not legible (in dark mode) or half the Sirius radio station logos can't be read (in light more). The Auto mode should adjust this, and the other modes should not interfere with viewing the map or selecting a preset Sirus station.

2. Radio Presets: ALL methods of changing stations just move to the next station broadcasting. NONE will move through your presets (in spite of what the manual says) . I'd really like the station changer on the back of the steering wheel to move through presets.

3. Diesel Gas Stations: I have a diesel. All we can get in searches or on the map are gasoline stations and prices. Totally useless. Geese. Hello?

4. Rear Alarm: I have a "load leveler" type hitch (a bit bigger and sticks out a bit more than standard) which I sometimes leave on the truck while not towing. It sets off the rear alarm in when in reverse. So, anytime I'm in reverse, the alarm sounds. There should be an option to set a small dead zone at the hitch that is ignored.

5. Key Profile: Key 1/Key 2 auto profile loads seem to work intermittently. If the truck was last in mode 1, opening the truck with Key 2 does not always start the reload of profile.

WISH LIST:

1. Turn Signal Camera: Make the left camera go on with left turn signal, right with right. This feature is on our Genesis GV 80. We love it. This would be a huge safety improvement.

2. Parking / Front Camera: Front camera needs to go on when your pull up to go into a parking spot. It now takes 3 clicks to do this. If you go from reverse back to forward, the front camera will stay on, but you have to go to reverse first when pulling in. These truck are impossible to judge the front on. When we pay for a surround camera system, this feature should be there (again like a Genesis).

3. "Favorite camera" should have a one push access button. Perhaps we could use one of the 5 accessory buttons? It now takes 3 pushes and screens.

4. Navigation Route: When changing drivers, like on a long trip when my wife and I alternate, I would like it to maintain the same route. Now you have to reprogram another.

5. Parking Brake On: This should have an audible alarm.

6. Trailer Mirror Setting: Its necessary to reprogram auto mirror setting when flipping/moving the mirrors from regular to trailer mode. It would be great to store a setting for each.

7. Mirror rear lights: These lights on the mirrors can be turned on and off. Its handy for loading the car in the dark. But finding the button setting is a pain. Let us use one of the auxiliary buttons to turn on/off. Or advise how this can be done.

THERE is SO MUCH I like about this truck and the 15" screen. These additions would be great.

Thanks to the group here for commenting and or adding your ideas!

bobbo7915

Reaction score
2. Radio Presets: ALL methods of changing stations just move to the next station broadcasting. NONE will move through your presets (in spite of what the manual says) . I'd really like the station changer on the back of the steering wheel to move through presets. - are you pushing the small round button on the left side of the wheel? that advances to the next preset.

3. Diesel Gas Stations: I have a diesel. All we can get in searches or on the map are gasoline stations and prices. Totally useless. Geese. Hello? - i believe this is an issue with the tom tom navigation software. if i do a force restart of the radio, the navigation will show diesel prices and stations for a few key cycles before reverting to gasoline prices/stations.

bmarrs

Reaction score
2. Radio Presets: Hi bobo7915
On my steering wheel, Chanel up/down is using the buttons at the left backside. These only move station up/down to the next station, not through the presets. Software bug I think…

bobbo7915

Reaction score
thats the way its always been on the Rams. there is a small round button in the middle on that same paddle on the left hand side of the wheel that advances thru the presets.

bmarrs

Reaction score
You are the man!
I just never knew the middle position was a button

Attachments

• 9E32A076-07AE-4F16-BBB3-7AC39CAE35A7.jpeg
    9E32A076-07AE-4F16-BBB3-7AC39CAE35A7.jpeg
    392 KB · Views: 15

jebruns

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

This may be an old topic but worthy of getting in front of RamCares / Unconnect again. These are my suggestions. Group, please add to or give a thumbs up or comment. The more responses the more likely we will get something done:

(my truck is a 2022 2500 Diesel, Longhorn Limited with 12" screen, surround camera, trailer camera, digital rearview mirror).

UCONNECT FIXES NEEDED:

1. Display Dark/Light Mode Views: Regardless of which you select, either the map is not legible (in dark mode) or half the Sirius radio station logos can't be read (in light more). The Auto mode should adjust this, and the other modes should not interfere with viewing the map or selecting a preset Sirus station.
I have the exact same truck. I leave it in dark mode all the time. Works for me.
2. Radio Presets: ALL methods of changing stations just move to the next station broadcasting. NONE will move through your presets (in spite of what the manual says) . I'd really like the station changer on the back of the steering wheel to move through presets.
Already explained. But I'd rather see the up/down buttons for the presets as the middle button only scrolls up. So you have to scroll through all your presets to get back the first one.
3. Diesel Gas Stations: I have a diesel. All we can get in searches or on the map are gasoline stations and prices. Totally useless. Geese. Hello?
I don't use any of the stock Nav stuff, but I've heard of this complaint in other threads. I use GasBuddy when on trips.

WISH LIST:

1. Turn Signal Camera: Make the left camera go on with left turn signal, right with right. This feature is on our Genesis GV 80. We love it. This would be a huge safety improvement.
The 23's may have this function?
2. Parking / Front Camera: Front camera needs to go on when your pull up to go into a parking spot. It now takes 3 clicks to do this. If you go from reverse back to forward, the front camera will stay on, but you have to go to reverse first when pulling in. These truck are impossible to judge the front on. When we pay for a surround camera system, this feature should be there (again like a Genesis).
You can post 1 or 2 shortcuts at the very top of the display. One of mine is for the surround camera. I have 5 dogs running around, so when I move the truck around when they are out, I like to have that on. So it's always one push away for me. Works for parking too.
THERE is SO MUCH I like about this truck and the 15" screen. These additions would be great.
It's a 12" screen, BTW. It's not perfect, but I like the customizability of it.

Icky

Reaction score
Have you messed with the dimmer wheel to the left of your steering wheel on the dash. All the way up will make the screen brighter in dark mode.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
6. Trailer Mirror Setting: Its necessary to reprogram auto mirror setting when flipping/moving the mirrors from regular to trailer mode. It would be great to store a setting for each.

Did they change from 2021 to 2022. The Tow mirrors on my 2021 adjust as i flip the mirrors. The small mirror on the bottom is the only one that does not change.

7. Mirror rear lights: These lights on the mirrors can be turned on and off. Its handy for loading the car in the dark. But finding the button setting is a pain. Let us use one of the auxiliary buttons to turn on/off. Or advise how this can be done.

On my 2021, the switch is on the light control switch on the left of the dash.

bmarrs

Reaction score
Good one sir. Thank you.

I confirmed the mirror light. Lower part of round light button.

Mirrors: my 2022 has powered convex mirrors, and the default setting can be saved. But I’ve not been able to set a 2nd set of positions for when they are flipped for towing.

Attachments

• A7544C18-24BE-49B4-83C2-879A4F3A62B6.jpeg
    A7544C18-24BE-49B4-83C2-879A4F3A62B6.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 14

Turin

Reaction score
I'd rather see the up/down buttons for the presets as the middle button only scrolls up. So you have to scroll through all your presets to get back the first one.
Semi-workaround: Press up or down until you're no longer tuned to one of your preset channels, then press the middle button; it will take you to your first preset.

bmarrs

Reaction score
Have you messed with the dimmer wheel to the left of your steering wheel on the dash. All the way up will make the screen brighter in dark mode.
Hi Lcky
Thanks for the idea. I tried this, and again light/dark/auto screen modes. I still have poor viewing (for me) for either station selects or Nav screens

Attachments

• CBC11E26-C460-42F7-B9E6-7E2254486E58.jpeg
    CBC11E26-C460-42F7-B9E6-7E2254486E58.jpeg
    525.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 01BF0608-BED9-4179-9192-F26421D3A45B.jpeg
    01BF0608-BED9-4179-9192-F26421D3A45B.jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 22
  • A7B5FD99-165D-4C80-BE62-B829CA3C5B8D.jpeg
    A7B5FD99-165D-4C80-BE62-B829CA3C5B8D.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 22
  • 58402F6D-3E88-47AD-AFC9-3461916DC292.jpeg
    58402F6D-3E88-47AD-AFC9-3461916DC292.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 21

bmarrs

Reaction score
I have the exact same truck. I leave it in dark mode all the time. Works for me.

Already explained. But I'd rather see the up/down buttons for the presets as the middle button only scrolls up. So you have to scroll through all your presets to get back the first one.

I don't use any of the stock Nav stuff, but I've heard of this complaint in other threads. I use GasBuddy when on trips.

The 23's may have this function?

You can post 1 or 2 shortcuts at the very top of the display. One of mine is for the surround camera. I have 5 dogs running around, so when I move the truck around when they are out, I like to have that on. So it's always one push away for me. Works for parking too.

It's a 12" screen, BTW. It's not perfect, but I like the customizability of it.
Hi JE, Thanks for the shortcuts suggestion. It took me a while to figure this out: Go to “ Home”, add new page view, edit that one.
But I could not add Nav view as one. That ok, I got my fav camera views at the top, radio things at the bottom, which works for me. The default page is still there if I want to scroll to that.

Adding to + go to controls and select option.

Attachments

• 34EDAC3C-14B8-408D-8B4F-5AC060A66A95.jpeg
    34EDAC3C-14B8-408D-8B4F-5AC060A66A95.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 18

mountainears

Reaction score
Good one sir. Thank you.

I confirmed the mirror light. Lower part of round light button.

Mirrors: my 2022 has powered convex mirrors, and the default setting can be saved. But I’ve not been able to set a 2nd set of positions for when they are flipped for towing.

I have a 22 as well. With the mirrors in the normal position I have everything set to memory position 1. Then I flip the mirrors up and get them positioned the way I wan them. I set memory 1 a second time, this stored the upright position memory and changed nothing else.

Flip the mirrors down and press to recall 1, the main mirror goes back. If you flip up the mirrors and recall 1 again it will adjust the Main again. Does not change the convex but I have a neutral position for that and it doesn’t seem to need adjusting.

Essentially it h memory profile had two memory storage options for the main mirror. One upright and the other normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmarrs

Reaction score
I have a 22 as well. With the mirrors in the normal position I have everything set to memory position 1. Then I flip the mirrors up and get them positioned the way I wan them. I set memory 1 a second time, this stored the upright position memory and changed nothing else.

Flip the mirrors down and press to recall 1, the main mirror goes back. If you flip up the mirrors and recall 1 again it will adjust the Main again. Does not change the convex but I have a neutral position for that and it doesn’t seem to need adjusting.

Essentially it h memory profile had two memory storage options for the main mirror. One upright and the other normal.

Hi Mountainears,
Thanks for the details On this.
Very good!
I’ll check it out!!

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Hope they work on fixing the radio presets to hold when the truck is shut off. It's about 50/50 for me. Sometimes when I start the truck it's still on my favorite station, sometimes it's on XM0 or XM1, whatever the free promotional station is.

When I'm backing a trailer at night and push the button to turn the display off, I wish it would stay off until I push the button again. If I keep switching direction, everytime I put it in reverse again, I have to turn the display off again to keep from being blinded.

tchur1

Reaction score

Yup this is correct. I have mine set the same way. The convex does not save but the main mirror will in both positions.

jebruns

Reaction score
Semi-workaround: Press up or down until you're no longer tuned to one of your preset channels, then press the middle button; it will take you to your first preset.
Thanks, but it does not work that way. If you do that, it will take you to the next preset closest to the channel you are on. So if your preset is 30 and you use your up toggle, it will go to 31. If you have a preset of 40 and push the middle button, it will go to 40. I've tested that a few times.

Now, if your last preset were 30 and you were on it, and then you did the above, it would take you to your first preset.

jebruns

Reaction score
Hi JE, Thanks for the shortcuts suggestion. It took me a while to figure this out: Go to “ Home”, add new page view, edit that one.
But I could not add Nav view as one. That ok, I got my fav camera views at the top, radio things at the bottom, which works for me. The default page is still there if I want to scroll to that.

Adding to + go to controls and select option.
You can only have Nav on one screen. You'd have to delete it from one page to add it to the other.

jebruns

Reaction score
Hope they work on fixing the radio presets to hold when the truck is shut off. It's about 50/50 for me. Sometimes when I start the truck it's still on my favorite station, sometimes it's on XM0 or XM1, whatever the free promotional station is.
Mine is always on the preset I shut it off with. Might have an issue with your system.

Screens is another matter. Mine always starts with the Apps screen, no matter what screen was showing when it was shut down. A bug for sure, but not one big enough to do anything about. Easy to hit the home button.

Users who are viewing this thread