Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.S. Full-Sized Truck Sales Comparison: Q2 2023 vs. Q2 2022

phatboy64

Reaction score
IDK I am very happy with my 2033, looks great, drives great, when needed pulls great, has all the room I would ever need. I am probably in the minority but I am not the kind of guy who trades his truck in every other year because of style changes. Maybe they are selling less because owners are keeping them longer because they are lasting longer….

Finn5033

Reaction score
I had a 2021 Silverado crew cab standard bed gasser for 2 years. Really nice truck and I liked it a lot. I wanted a diesel and I don’t think you can get a crew cab 4x4 Duramax in any trim level for close to the price I got my Cummins. That is why I went back to Ram. Otherwise I really like the Silverado but as has been said they are significantly bigger than the current Rams. Bigger cab and longer bed. I am fine with the smaller size of my Ram

UglyViking

Reaction score
I had a 2021 Silverado crew cab standard bed gasser for 2 years. Really nice truck and I liked it a lot. I wanted a diesel and I don’t think you can get a crew cab 4x4 Duramax in any trim level for close to the price I got my Cummins. That is why I went back to Ram. Otherwise I really like the Silverado but as has been said they are significantly bigger than the current Rams. Bigger cab and longer bed. I am fine with the smaller size of my Ram
I looked pretty strongly at a Ford SD before landing on what my heart wanted (that damn Cummins). One of the things that was both a pro and con for the Ford was the size of the cab. I loved the flat rear floor as well as the additional cab space and bed size, but the overall size of the thing made it "too large" for most trails in new england.

The current Ram HD platform sits in a unique position as being functionally the same size as current and previous gen 1500s. That makes the truck much more maneuverable than most other trucks of similar, or even smaller size on the market. For example, the Ram 2500 has a ~1' shorter turning radius than the current crew cab short bed Tundra, and on the Ram you get roughly 1' extra bed length.

Users who are viewing this thread