Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

earthrocker83

Reaction score
My issues continue as well. I have had times where they stick for up to a week and other days where they literally reset every start.

I have also noticed that the clock will randomly appear and disappear on my display along similar time frames as the presets.

My Android auto constantly disconnects in certain areas and I have had the whole system crash and go black a few times.

It has been extremely frustrating, especially considering I never had an issue with my last two Rams (2013, 2020).
I have had the same issue with Apple Car Play dropping randomly. Radio presets don't hold for more than a few days. I don't have Sirius xm, I had the free trial but that was it.

It is frustrating, especially on longer trips when car play freezes and drops completely. Sometimes I can't get it back until I shut the truck off and restart it.

According to uconnect website my sw is the latest and greatest. Very frustrating.

earthrocker83

Reaction score
I agree - this shouldn't be a hardware replacement issue. I am refraining from replacing the radio because I'm afraid of my dealer hurting things or making things worse by taking the console apart to replace the radio unit.

I did find a piece of info that seemed to help. In the settings, I went to the SiriusXM settings, and disabled "Tune Start" or something like that, and my presets have not disappeared anymore. I'll see how long that lasts. It's almost like SXM that's the root of the issue...
Have you had any issues since disabling tune start?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I had my software updated from .141 to .145 last week and so far all is well. Many starts and over 1000 miles since the update.

My phone also connects much faster and the same way every time.

According to uconnect website my sw is the latest and greatest. Very frustrating.

I was told that the uconnect website will always say that for uconnect 5, so there isn't much point in looking at it.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
I have two issues

1. presets are pointless to even try to set

2. It starts playing songs immediately off my amazon music the moment it connects. i have a song on a playlist my daughter 5 years ago loved and god dammit it goes to that one 80% of the time. We have not manually played that song in years but i keep it in there because memmories. MFukin Bruno Mars you can count on me

halp

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
36 hours in the truck now since the software update. Presets are holding

I have two issues

2. It starts playing songs immediately off my amazon music the moment it connects. i have a song on a playlist my daughter 5 years ago loved and god dammit it goes to that one 80% of the time. We have not manually played that song in years but i keep it in there because memmories. MFukin Bruno Mars you can count on me

halp

What software version are you on?

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
it just updated last month. I was hoping that would fix but it did not

mountainears

Reaction score
I have two issues

halp

My presets work, I only use Sirius XM though so may not be a good example

There is a setting in the profile for auto play. Can’t remember the exact location but it is in there and may be something to check. I’ll try to remember to look for it tomorrow if you can’t find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riddick

Reaction score
It has been a few months since my last software update. I am pleased to report that all of my presets have not reset and as a bonus my theme no longer defaults to factory randomly. Its amazing how much better your ownership experience is when everything works as advertised.

mountainears

Reaction score
I have two issues

halp

[mention]Shadowboxin20 [/mention] , choose Media at the bottom of the screen, then Audio Settings at the top of the screen. And on the left menu there is a button for Auto Play. If any of those are turned on, turn them off and see if things change for #2

mctdog

Reaction score
Same issue here with a 2022 RAM 1500. Approximately once every month my station presets are erased. I've noticed that it only erases the presets on the profile that is selected. My wife's profile remains intact and none of her saved presets are erased. Unbelievably frustrating!!!! Having the ability to select radio station that you've saved has a huge impact on the impression of the brand and the overall quality of the truck. RAM get your act together and fix this or else you're going to lose a lot of loyal customers. Please!

mctdog

Reaction score
Same issue here with a 2022 RAM 1500. Approximately once every month my station presets are erased. I've noticed that it only erases the presets on the profile that is selected. My wife's profile remains intact and none of her saved presets are erased. Unbelievably frustrating!!!! Having the ability to select radio station that you've saved has a huge impact on the impression of the brand and the overall quality of the truck. RAM get your act together and fix this or else you're going to lose a lot of loyal customers. Please!
I also forgot to mention, I've reset the XM signal multiple times, no effect. I set the truck back to factory default, no effect. Nothing seems to work

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

What software version?

Riddick

Reaction score
It has been a few months since my last software update. I am pleased to report that all of my presets have not reset and as a bonus my theme no longer defaults to factory randomly. Its amazing how much better your ownership experience is when everything works as advertised.
I guess I spoke to soon on this, the issue has returned. So, it's been a couple of months since my last update. When the system last updated my theme and presets would reset everytime I powered on the truck. Then out of nowhere they started saving and held until the other day, at least 30-40 drive cycles.

My truck recently sat for two weeks, not sure if it sitting has anything to do with it. When I started it both my presets and theme were gone..... Again. Since then I have driven the truck 6 times and it resets on every start now. I also noticed while driving to work today my clock was gone from my radio display. It returned this afternoon, not sure what's going on.

I'm on the dealer list for the dipstick recall, I'll have them look at it then..... Very frustrated.

Attachments

• IMG_20230208_173802001_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230208_173802001_HDR.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 19

Deltron

Reaction score
My software is still 141.01.12.00. What determines when you get 145?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I guess I spoke to soon on this, the issue has returned. So, it's been a couple of months since my last update. When the system last updated my theme and presets would reset everytime I powered on the truck. Then out of nowhere they started saving and held until the other day, at least 30-40 drive cycles.

My truck recently sat for two weeks, not sure if it sitting has anything to do with it. When I started it both my presets and theme were gone..... Again. Since then I have driven the truck 6 times and it resets on every start now. I also noticed while driving to work today my clock was gone from my radio display. It returned this afternoon, not sure what's going on.

I'm on the dealer list for the dipstick recall, I'll have them look at it then..... Very frustrated.

I finally gave up on my R1 low after the constant mehness of the thing and bugging the dealer for updates (on 145). The last straw was the lag/delay whatever you want to call it that constantly comes back when trying to use the cameras out at the property or getting carplay to fire back up after stopping for fuel/snacks. I've got the harness from Jimmy sitting on my desk, the 12" bezel and screen on the way, and a radio module on order (hoping I get it soon). I know the 12"/8.4" w/NAV ain't perfect by any means, but they do seem to work better than the base 8.4 units comparing with friends/family.

If the aftermarket was ready to retain all of the features in my truck I would've just looked to put an iLX-F511 from Alpine in the truck and called it good. Going aftermarket in my last 4th gen after enough annoyance with uConnect was a much better experience for me and I loved my last Alpine iLX unit compared to uConnect.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Th
My software is still 141.01.12.00. What determines when you get 145?

It should OTA update, but mine didn't and I had the dealership update it when they did the tailgate recall.

mountainears

Reaction score
You can update yourself as well. Need to download files to usb.

Users who are viewing this thread