Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

Lowbagg

Reaction score
Just some food for thought....

Bought a 2021 Dodge Durango Citadel and had Uconnect issues (plenty of them). Eventually they solved it with an update. I presented all my issues after the fact with time/dated pictures of each problem. I asked for (actually demanded) compensation for my troubles and was given 2 years of free oil changes at the dealership for my Durango.

So I am doing the exact same thing this time. I take a photo each time the radio presets disappear and I call Uconnect customer service and have them document EACH time I have this issue. I'm currently on 17 photos with 17 phone calls.

Precedence has already been set with my other vehicle. But if I get 2 or 3 free oil changes it will be worth my time.

Glenn

JimKIII

Reaction score
Riddick,

The build number that you've provided to us was 141.01.12, the latest update that you were talking about was 145.00.15 per TSB: 08-160-22, which was released on Aug 20th. Have you tried doing a soft reset after the recent update?

William
Ram Cares
@RamCares
Please provide information on TSB: 08-160-22 released Aug 20th referenced above. There is no such TSB that can be found on the internet. Is this TSB for internal use only or is the public allowed access to it?

JimKIII

Reaction score
JimKlll,

If you can send us a PM with your VIN, we would be happy to see if this TSB is related to your vehicle.

William
Ram Cares
Hi William - I am not concerned that this affects my vehicle. I would like a copy of the TSB to have as a reference. Please send a link to the TSB.

d19r93

Reaction score
I agree - this shouldn't be a hardware replacement issue. I am refraining from replacing the radio because I'm afraid of my dealer hurting things or making things worse by taking the console apart to replace the radio unit.

I did find a piece of info that seemed to help. In the settings, I went to the SiriusXM settings, and disabled "Tune Start" or something like that, and my presets have not disappeared anymore. I'll see how long that lasts. It's almost like SXM that's the root of the issue...

JimKIII

Reaction score
I agree - this shouldn't be a hardware replacement issue. I am refraining from replacing the radio because I'm afraid of my dealer hurting things or making things worse by taking the console apart to replace the radio unit.

I did find a piece of info that seemed to help. In the settings, I went to the SiriusXM settings, and disabled "Tune Start" or something like that, and my presets have not disappeared anymore. I'll see how long that lasts. It's almost like SXM that's the root of the issue...
Yes, please let us know if that helps. Maybe the reason I'm not having the problem like others is I never activated/renewed SiriusXM - possibly.

d19r93

Reaction score
Yes, please let us know if that helps. Maybe the reason I'm not having the problem like others is I never activated/renewed SiriusXM - possibly.
It made no difference, it appears. After quite a few ignition cycles with no issue, it has started clearing every single ignition cycle now. I'm going to keep trying things.

nyfireman22

Reaction score
This is the latest email I received from Uconnect Case Management. Just so happened to be the same day the dealership updated my software. So far so good, although I don't suspect it will last.

Good Evening,

The preset concerns are currently being looked into, we can have the vehicle at the dealership for a STAR case, but there is currently no resolution for it.

Thanks,

Tyler Carron
Uconnect Case Management

JimKIII

Reaction score
This is the latest email I received from Uconnect Case Management. Just so happened to be the same day the dealership updated my software. So far so good, although I don't suspect it will last.

Good Evening,

The preset concerns are currently being looked into, we can have the vehicle at the dealership for a STAR case, but there is currently no resolution for it.

Thanks,

Tyler Carron
Uconnect Case Management
At least they're being up front about the problem now.

j66chevell

Reaction score
My presets disappeared 1-2 times a day until this last Saturday when all my XM presets were exchanged with random FM presets, I never use fm or am. I replaced all but 1 fm preset with my xm presets and it has been ok for 4 days now and about 20 start cycles.

Another issue now is the home screen will not show recent calls anymore. I can go to recent calls under android auto and they show, but on the home widget, they flash in for a second on start, then blank.

d19r93

Reaction score
I stopped using SXM as well. Out of the 5 presets that show up, the first two for me are FM stations, the last 3 are SXM. I always leave it on FM now, and the 3 SXM presets have not disappeared. Important to note that I never lost my FM presets during this whole fiasco.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
My presets disappeared 1-2 times a day until this last Saturday when all my XM presets were exchanged with random FM presets, I never use fm or am. I replaced all but 1 fm preset with my xm presets and it has been ok for 4 days now and about 20 start cycles.

Another issue now is the home screen will not show recent calls anymore. I can go to recent calls under android auto and they show, but on the home widget, they flash in for a second on start, then blank.

Hello J66chevell,

If you would like to discuss this further, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to assist you further.

William
Ram Cares

BigMitch

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this group and am having the same issue with the 8.4" U Connect 5 Non Nav. Has anyone gotten anywhere with this issue? I have had my 2022 just over a month and it has reset the presets several times. sometimes they are there for a few days and other times they are gone every time the truck starts. I had it into the dealer a couple days ago and they said they didn't have any updates but did a reset on the radio. not sure if that fixed it or not.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this group and am having the same issue with the 8.4" U Connect 5 Non Nav. Has anyone gotten anywhere with this issue? I have had my 2022 just over a month and it has reset the presets several times. sometimes they are there for a few days and other times they are gone every time the truck starts. I had it into the dealer a couple days ago and they said they didn't have any updates but did a reset on the radio. not sure if that fixed it or not.
Welcome to the forum! No, there is no definitive fix for the lost-presets issue. Supposedly the developers are aware of the problem, but for some reason the fix eludes them. I'm not a programmer at all, but I don't understand why this issue is so complex. It seems to this civilian that a preset would be stored in a data field, register, matrix, table entry, whatever and stay there. But something seems to flip everything to a default. Could it be a bad component (resister/cap/diode) that removes/changes voltage or resistance somewhere causing this? Possibly it's not a software issue at all since it seems impossible to fix with an update. Anyway, maybe when the all electric Rams hit the market, or Musk buys Twitter, this will be solved, eh? It's difficult not being cynical when seemly simple issues like lost presets are beyond the capabilities of the Stellantis/Chrysler brainiacs.

CWYNND

Reaction score
I purchased my 2022 2500 in January, been having this problem almost weekly, if not multiple times a week since February.

nyfireman22

Reaction score
I'm sure this will jinx it, but no preset issues in the 4 weeks since the Uconnect update at the dealership. I'm sure it's a fluke, since others with the same revision are still having problems.

spinned

Reaction score
I took mine in to do a warranty repair for the lost presets and I was told too bad. That is a little f…ed up when you consider what I paid for this truck! RAM CARES are you listening? Or is it really RAM DOESN’T CARE?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Feel welcome to send a private message with your VIN, and I'd be happy to research your vehicle information and any available internal information to address the presets for you.

Steph
Ram Cares

d19r93

Reaction score
It's the SXM presets usually. I just stopped using the SXM, removed those presets (they deleted themselves) and replaced them with FM presets, no issues whatsoever.

Riddick

Reaction score
I have given up on even trying to program my presets. Since the latest software update my theme continues to default back to stock setting every 1-3 ignition cycles. In addition to this I have also noticed my EQ settings will randomly reset back to default as well. Pretty sad I am approaching a year of ownership and I still cant listen to my FM radio.

@RamCares, instead of asking for peoples VIN would it be possible for you to reach out to your engineering team to see when this issue will be resolved? I have not been impressed so far with anything you have posted in this thread, you state the same thing over and over again. Also, I did reach out to you guys via PM and you proceeded to tell me there was no software update for my truck even though other members posted the latest software revision. Not even two days after you said there was no software update my truck updated. Please push this issue on your end and get your engineering team involved. Simply looking up VINs and software numbers is not going to cut it.

Users who are viewing this thread