Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tune worth it?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thanks for the input
Yes john made a good point with the 68rfe trans you have get the tuning 100% if you want to keep your trans in good shape. Also if calibrated offers it get the med level shift tune it changes the shift points and makes shifting so much nicer the stock shifts too early in the rpm and the high shift tunes shift too late in the RPM. Its a world of difference in ever aspect!

Reaction score
I agree, no downsides, and for me, the cost is worth the benefits.
Locally I also run on the optimized stock tune, it's excellent. I use the Heavy Tow when towing my vacation trailer and pick among the other tunes to fit the situation when on a trip. SOTF makes it so easy to select among the five tunes, to experiment, play or make a Ford wonder what just happened. :D
Do these tunes void warranty

John Jensen

Reaction score
Do these tunes void warranty
Some say they do. The law says if the tune caused the failure the warranty would not apply to that problem. but does not void the warranty. Lot's of controversy on your question. My dealer knows I have a tune and has NEVER talked about it voiding the warranty on any warranty repaired case.

JustARam22

Reaction score
Yes john made a good point with the 68rfe trans you have get the tuning 100% if you want to keep your trans in good shape. Also if calibrated offers it get the med level shift tune it changes the shift points and makes shifting so much nicer the stock shifts too early in the rpm and the high shift tunes shift too late in the RPM. Its a world of difference in ever aspect!

Better shift points is really the big benefit im looking for. It shifts way to early out of 1st.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Better shift points is really the big benefit im looking for. It shifts way to early out of 1st.
Mine shifted way to early for every gear for my liking so now its better and it shifts to 6th around 55-60 mph so much better

UglyViking

Reaction score
Some say they do. The law says if the tune caused the failure the warranty would not apply to that problem. but does not void the warranty. Lot's of controversy on your question. My dealer knows I have a tune and has NEVER talked about it voiding the warranty on any warranty repaired case.
This is accurate, but good luck trying to force Rams hand on this. They will push back until it becomes too expensive to do so, and rightly so in some cases. If you add a 100hp tune and start doing back to back boosted 4x4 launches and blow your trans that's on you.

Now, if you get tunes and your HVAC fails, that's different. I don't think most folks understand how this works, not you John, just in general.

Either way, what the law says and how it's enforces are two very different things.

Users who are viewing this thread