Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trucks are not the only things in short supply!

Will_T

Reaction score
Our extra garage freezer, 35 years old, decided this was the year to die. Only one store in our area even had an upright freezer and they only had a few. None at any other appliance stores, big box stores, etc. Fortunately there was one that worked for us, but there were other shoppers there saying they were going to take whatever was available until supplies rebound, then get rid of the interim freezer and get what they really want. This store also had the only refrigerators in the area and only 3 models at that. Supposedly all the appliances are stuck on container ships off the west coast of the U.S. waiting to be unloaded.

It really does seem that everything is in short supply not just trucks, cars, and the related parts and accessories. My neighbor needed a sheet of 5/8 plywood last week. Nothing special, not hardwood or anything. $75.00!

What have you needed that you can't get right now?

jadmt

Reaction score
Home depot had 3/4” plywood $108 a sheet. I went to Lowes and $89 a sheet.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Ammo.

Also, my local ATV/UTV dealers are having a difficult time getting inventory in stock same as the car/truck dealers.

1FstGPa

Reaction score
For us, last week, it was fuel. Stations from Pueblo (CO) to Salida (CO), all along hwy-50, shut-down their pumps because they couldn't have the fuel delivered to their tanks. Something about lacking experienced drivers to deliver.

Too many people, living the posh life, collecting unemployment over working.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I saw an article last week that suggested a shortage of truck drivers and in the coming years the industry could be down a million drivers.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Pretty much everything that we consume that comes from overseas is "behind" in hitting the shelves. The supply chain is completely broken, the ports are busier than they've ever been (by far), and trucking companies cannot hire enough drivers.

RednBlack

Reaction score
I've been waiting 3 weeks to get a Line-X appointment for my truck... he wouldn't book appointments because he didn't know when he would get more product. My appointment is finally set for 7/9!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Having a very hard time finding ICs and other components to keep the doors open at work. We build ambulatory heart monitors.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Pretty much anything that isn't already sitting on a shelf.
Bathroom cabinets, countertops, faucets, etc... Our master bath has been a work in progress since Feb.
Aluminum - been waiting on materials for a patio cover with no end date in sight.
Steel - been waiting on a pair of brackets for my wife's Durango since March.
Computers - I've got about a dozen employees who are struggling to be productive because we can't get them new laptops.
And now my A/C just went out this morning, so I'm praying when the guy gets here tomorrow they have whatever parts are needed.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty much anything that isn't already sitting on a shelf.
Bathroom cabinets, countertops, faucets, etc... Our master bath has been a work in progress since Feb.
Aluminum - been waiting on materials for a patio cover with no end date in sight.
Steel - been waiting on a pair of brackets for my wife's Durango since March.
Computers - I've got about a dozen employees who are struggling to be productive because we can't get them new laptops.
And now my A/C just went out this morning, so I'm praying when the guy gets here tomorrow they have whatever parts are needed.

Ugh.

RE: Laptops. If you really want employees to be unproductive, just have the company security team start pushing random software on them through bigfix to the point they are utterly useless as all the CPU is consumed by the crap they force install... My VM's are also impossible to work from due to the host performance. IOW, I think these knuckleheads really don't know what they're doing sometimes and are just grasping at straws. I mean, I had to explain to one of them that the 3 WIN machines he was seeing were not "unreturned assets," but that two were VM's. Doh!

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Ugh.

RE: Laptops. If you really want employees to be unproductive, just have the company security team start pushing random software on them through bigfix to the point they are utterly useless as all the CPU is consumed by the crap they force install... My VM's are also impossible to work from due to the host performance. IOW, I think these knuckleheads really don't know what they're doing sometimes and are just grasping at straws. I mean, I had to explain to one of them that the 3 WIN machines he was seeing were not "unreturned assets," but that two were VM's. Doh!
Not all of the security folks are dumb :D

I was a system engineer/architect for 14 years before moving into security. Now I do Security Architecture.

Finn5033

Reaction score
Ordered a custom built RV fish house back in February. The builder is having trouble getting the A/C units, aluminum extrusions, the exterior panels, the refrigerators etc. he said he spends every day on the phone trying to source material. It looks like it might end up taking 6-8 months for it to be built.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Steel and aluminum is bad normal material that would be overnight usually is 1-3 months wait and up 130%

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Ugh.

Yeah, we have that issue too. Between Carbonblack trying to block every process, bigfix trying to update everything and then Tanium reporting on it all, it's amazing we can get anything done.

Pronto

Reaction score
The boat market has been crazy. Demand increased at the same time that supply decreased.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
For us, last week, it was fuel. Stations from Pueblo (CO) to Salida (CO), all along hwy-50, shut-down their pumps because they couldn't have the fuel delivered to their tanks. Something about lacking experienced drivers to deliver.

Too many people, living the posh life, collecting unemployment over working.
Has anyone else had fuel issues? I'm planning a trip from Texas To Colorado end of August and I'm starting to get worried about stopping for diesel.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The boat market has been crazy. Demand increased at the same time that supply decreased.

I could only LOL when I looked at some jetskis advertised for sale for a lady friend. Junkers selling for 2-3x what they're worth.

Last edited:

1FstGPa

Reaction score
Has anyone else had fuel issues? I'm planning a trip from Texas To Colorado end of August and I'm starting to get worried about stopping for diesel.
End of August would be anybody's guess at this point. Our little town had only a "few" stations that closed off their pumps last week (pre-4th weekend). Delivery problems, again, I think?

This is only "Outside Observation" on my part, but I just hope it's not a repeat of October of 1973 all because of shutting the pipeline down. Ka-Ching!!!

Users who are viewing this thread