Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer TPMS Target Pressure Not Saving

mixolydian12

Reaction score
I have the trailer TPMS system and can't figure out if the "target pressure" that you set in the Uconnect system is intended to save for each trailer. Every time I turn the truck off and start again, I have to reset this value. It continually gets set back to 50 psi. Obviously, this gets really annoying.

Is the target pressure supposed to save?

mkmsr

Reaction score
It should stay. I have mine set to 55psi and it remains programmed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

kkerley

Reaction score
have the same problem, have to reset to 90psi every time we hook up the trailer. annoying but at least we don't have to reset or re-pair the sensors, the truck will reset to the new psi once entered. could be worse if you had to re-pair the sensors and then reinflate the tires.

Lift89

Reaction score
Whoops. Didn’t see trailer part lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Wondering why you would want to under inflate your tires? I’ve done this and anything under 65 really, starts to wear both inner and outter edge of these tires. And tires are way to expensive to have them prematurely wear. Not to mention the difference between 65 and 50-55 is so small in ride quality.

Maybe get better shocks? Bilstein, fox, or icon?

I’m guessing there are trailer tires out there manufactured for all different types of PSI ranges, including 50-55.
Not sure how better shocks would help with the issue of the trailer TPMS forgetting the set target pressure?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Wondering why you would want to under inflate your tires? I’ve done this and anything under 65 really, starts to wear both inner and outter edge of these tires. And tires are way to expensive to have them prematurely wear. Not to mention the difference between 65 and 50-55 is so small in ride quality.

Maybe get better shocks? Bilstein, fox, or icon?

Its trailer tires…. That would depend on the weight of the trailer…

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’m guessing there are trailer tires out there manufactured for all different types of PSI ranges, including 50-55.
Not sure how better shocks would help with the issue of the trailer TPMS forgetting the set target pressure?
Shocks wont help trailer tire wear but reading the threads would prevent guys like that from derailing the thread :D

mixolydian12

Reaction score
Ok definitely seems like a software bug since it’s not saving.

I only have one trailer and also intermittently get a message along the lines of “the sensors detected don’t match the connected trailer.” This obviously doesn’t make sense since it’s the same trailer, but I wonder if there’s a connection between these issues.

ElkRam

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I thought maybe I had to pull trailer for a few miles to save the setting? Does trailer 7 pin need to be plugged in to get reading? After pairing and setting pressure I get all wheels red and no pressure number.

mixolydian12

Reaction score
I’m not really sure how to go about getting this addressed. I think you can only try to save this when the truck detects the sensors and is connected, but it’s not really practical for me to bring my trailer to a dealer and leave it there.

nightperson

Reaction score
I get them to pair and then read- shut truck off and then start again and all i get is red- i got a quick "the sensors detected don’t match the connected trailer" message as well - this was one of the reasons i upgraded to this truck- so i could eliminate all the screens

CdnHO

Reaction score
I get them to pair and then read- shut truck off and then start again and all i get is red- i got a quick "the sensors detected don’t match the connected trailer" message as well - this was one of the reasons i upgraded to this truck- so i could eliminate all the screens
Make sure you have the trailer selected that you paired the sensors for. The sensors won’t send data unless they are rolling. If not moving you just see red -

Users who are viewing this thread