Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer TPMS not pairing

fly6

Reaction score
Just had trailer tpms sensors that came with my 2023 RAM 2500 installed and cannot seem to pair them with the truck. I can get to the part where the truck is searching but no sensor is found. Watched several videos on youtube but nothing worked. Is the truck reading the sensors from near the tailgate ? I did have the truck pulled forward thinking they may be in the dash. Please help...
I have a 22 2500 with the same problem. The dealer has been working on repairing it for over a year. Pretty disappointed in my Ram.

Reaction score
I have a 22 2500 with the same problem. The dealer has been working on repairing it for over a year. Pretty disappointed in my Ram.
It is an advertised safety feature. If you were still under Lemon Law *when the problem first arose and was documented by the dealer*, you probably have recourse to get your vehicle repurchased. Might have to fight a bit for it but I’d apply Lemon Law if I were in your shoes.

Brewmark

Reaction score
Half Borrego Springs, Ca. Half McCall, Idaho
Didn't work. I did the pairing, and drove off immediately afterwards. Showed the trailer tire pressure until the first stop 40 miles later. Then this upon restart:
This has been documented in other threads.
Mine has done this since the beginning. Someone (can't remember their handle) figured out how to fix this. Go to your connect. Vehicle, Settings, trailer. You will see trailer 1,2,3,4 or 5th wheel(current) and then trailer 2, trailer 3, trailer 4.

If it forgets configuration on startup before heading out, do the above and then select trailer 2 by tapping on the trailer 2 arrow. Then select the "Use this Trailer". Use the back arrow at top left to get out of that setup screen. Then select your 5th wheel item and then the "Use this Trailer". Then exit and you should be back in business. This has worked every time for me. I have a 22 (2 years old now) and I tow a lot. I have forgotten and while driving had my wife do the process and I have my TTPMS back.
It's a pain but easily fixable.

I sent @RamCares a writeup and as a SE I know it's an initialization issue. The process initializes the TTPMS back and reads the trailer that has the pairing information.
No response from them. But at least I have a work around and can use my TTPMS.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Brewmark

Reaction score
Half Borrego Springs, Ca. Half McCall, Idaho
Didn't work. I did the pairing, and drove off immediately afterwards. Showed the trailer tire pressure until the first stop 40 miles later. Then this upon restart:
This has been documented in other threads.
Mine has done this since the beginning. Someone (can't remember their handle) figured out how to fix this. Go to your UConnect then select Vehicle, Settings, trailer. You will see trailer 1,2,3,4 or 5th wheel(current) and then trailer 2, trailer 3, trailer 4.

If it forgets configuration on startup before heading out, do the above and then select trailer 2 by tapping on the trailer 2 arrow. Then select the "Use this Trailer". Use the back arrow at top left to get out of that setup screen. Then select your 5th wheel item and then the "Use this Trailer". Then exit and you should be back in business. This has worked every time for me. I have a 22 (2 years old now) and I tow a lot. I have forgotten and while driving had my wife do the process and I have my TTPMS back.
It's a pain but easily fixable.

I sent @RamCares a writeup and as a SE I know it's an initialization issue. The process initializes the TTPMS back and reads the trailer that has the pairing information.
No response from them. But at least I have a work around and can use my TTPMS.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

jebruns

Reaction score
Thanks Brewmark. This procedure seems to work. Shouldn't have to do it every time I hook up the trailer, but at least there is a work around.

fly6

Reaction score
Can you give more details please? I'm thinking about taking it to the dealer, but do you need to drag the trailer in too? I would never leave my trailer sitting in a dealer lot, especially overnight. So that might be a show stopper for me.
Yes I had to take the fifth wheel

Users who are viewing this thread