Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Guidance ( side cameras )

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like for the limited, in order to get trailer reverse guidance you needed the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

The B&P package stuff looks very confusing...

It's shown on TTG surround view:
1622077726489.png

Yet, it's listed as you say, under Level 1 group

1622077779716.png

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
is truck might be a victim of the decontenting from the Rona chip shortage. All the "Level B" instead of "Level 2" (normal) type stuff going on.

I dunno. If it has the 360 view that you posted, it physically has the cameras and should be able to broadcast them back. I'm with Brutal it looks like a glitch didn't add the feature to the BCM.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
is truck might be a victim of the decontenting from the Rona chip shortage. All the "Level B" instead of "Level 2" (normal) type stuff going on.

I dunno. If it has the 360 view that you posted, it physically has the cameras and should be able to broadcast them back. I'm with Brutal it looks like a glitch didn't add the feature to the BCM.

AFAIK, they didn't do any of those shenanigans with the Limited trucks.

I'd really like to see the BCM log file.

@NiceTry If the demo will connect and you can go to Status/Faults and "Read System ID' and "Read System Status" and copy/paste to a text file, attach the file or a google drive link, we can take a look.

The logs are also located in (default) C:\Program Files (x86)\AlfaOBD\Logs - it's the BODY_CHRYSLER_Info.log file. Clear your VIN before posting.

NiceTry

Reaction score
I will get that today if it works for me. I downloaded the Alpha OBD software last night on my laptop. I’ll try and get it hooked up today when I get out of work and see what it does.

NiceTry

Reaction score
I can’t get Alpha OBD to work with the three connectors I have. I will have to order the right ones and the bypass harness. I did get JScan to work but I couldn’t figure out the BCM download.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I can’t get Alpha OBD to work with the three connectors I have. I will have to order the right ones and the bypass harness. I did get JScan to work but I couldn’t figure out the BCM download.
Whatever the case may be, in Ram’s eyes, your truck is not supposed to have trailer reverse guidance. It’s not listed on the build sheet for your VIN (it would be a line item right above “Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth”). Jscan doesn’t currently have the setting you need. Once you get AlfaOBD up and running, just change VehConfig 8: Trailer Reverse Guidance to YES, and you’ll be all set.

Zrojas

Reaction score
The B&P package stuff looks very confusing...

It's shown on TTG surround view:
View attachment 16889

Yet, it's listed as you say, under Level 1 group

View attachment 16890
I agree it's confusing. On my Laramie, trailer reverse guidance was part of the trailer towing technology group.

It is literally just a different view with surround view and directly related to towing, so I don't know it would not be included with trailer technology.

If I was OP, I would try to get the dealer to just add the option code.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree it's confusing. On my Laramie, trailer reverse guidance was part of the trailer towing technology group.

It is literally just a different view with surround view and directly related to towing, so I don't know it would not be included with trailer technology.

If I was OP, I would try to get the dealer to just add the option code.

I get the feeling @NiceTry want to get setup with AlfaOBD anyway...

Only issue would be the potential that his truck doesn't have that sales code on record and if they ever flash the BCM, it's gone again. But I agree, make the dealer fix it or at least ensure the right sales codes are on the VIN records.

Users who are viewing this thread