Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Blind Spot

Webracin

Reaction score
Looking to add Trailer Blind Spot to my 2019 2500 have seen comments within various threads, so thought I would compile all the information in one thread so it can be found easy.

Parts needed (so far) - 2020 radars- 68442393AE (about $270 for each tail light)

Changed the following with AlphaOBD
  1. Cust.Set.Menu 2-Blind Spot with Trailer CSM Present to YES
  2. CustSetMenu 3-Trailer Length Blind Spot Enable/Disable CSM Present
I have not purchased the parts yet, however I have made the changes above and now have options in the Uconnect under the Safety button. The option that shows up is Trailer Blind Spot and has 2 options. One for auto and one for MAX 39.5'. It will not allow me to select any options, but my thought is that because the hardware is not installed, it wont turn it on.

Has anyone done this upgrade yet?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
You’re going to need the 2020 radars for sure. I’m sure they’re restricted to buy right now because of the microchip shortage, and they’re removing the BSM option from some factory builds. If you wait it out, they were normally $100 for each sensor. Do you get the EVIC menu that has you choose the trailer type (5th wheel or conventional)?

Webracin

Reaction score
I get nothing on the EVIC, only in the Uconnect under Blind Spot. I will keep looking for the Radars, but the cheapest I have seen is $270 each.

On the EVIC, would it be under Trailer Tow like the TTPMS?

g00fy

Reaction score
You’re going to need the 2020 radars for sure. I’m sure they’re restricted to buy right now because of the microchip shortage, and they’re removing the BSM option from some factory builds. If you wait it out, they were normally $100 for each sensor. Do you get the EVIC menu that has you choose the trailer type (5th wheel or conventional)?
That's what i thought i remembered seeing when i thought about doing this a few months ago. I wonder why the huge price spike?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I get nothing on the EVIC, only in the Uconnect under Blind Spot. I will keep looking for the Radars, but the cheapest I have seen is $270 each.

On the EVIC, would it be under Trailer Tow like the TTPMS?
Actually, I believe the screen would only pop up when you connect a trailer.
Also, Cust.Set.Menu 2-Blind Spot with Trailer CSM Present does not get set, only the CustSetMenu 3 setting.
1JbNX49.jpg

Webracin

Reaction score
Also, Cust.Set.Menu 2-Blind Spot with Trailer CSM Present does not get set, only the CustSetMenu 3 setting.
1JbNX49.jpg
Good to know!

I should be getting the camper out of storage and de-winterizing in the next couple of weeks so will let you know. In the mean time I will change menu 2 back to no.

Webracin

Reaction score
1JbNX49.jpg
Well @Jimmy07, I took the camper out and had the TTMPS sensors installed. Good news is my 2019 now has TTPMS and its working flawlessly. Bad news is that even with the trailer connected, the EVIC still shows nothing. On a side note, I ordered the radars today, so hopefully will get them next week some time.

g00fy

Reaction score
Interested to see if the 2019 BCM will support the feature. If it does I'm gonna be upset I didn't grab the new sensors when they were $99 each...

Broccoli2

Reaction score
Sorry I have to ask. Why are you doing this. I have a 2020 with this option from the factory. I towed my toy hauler yesterday and it works but as far as I can tell the only thing it does is put the orange light on the side mirror when some one is next to the trailer. I can see that person in the mirror that I am looking at to see the orange light. I haven't read the manual on this so if it does something else can you let me know. Oh, it also says in the main cluster that I am towing a 30 foot trailer, again I already know this.

Users who are viewing this thread