Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer back up Camera system part # P68527599AA question

jfraley21

Reaction score
I'm in the process of purchasing at Fifth wheel camper. The units I'm looking at are between 44' and 46' the back up camera system I recieved with the truck only has 50' of coax cable with it. By the time I run it from middle of upper rear over and down to the under belly it'll use up about 13' before it's running the length which isn't the whole 44' but will be roughly 38' to 40' plus need a little slack for maneuvering. Is there an extension for the wiring available? Can I splice something to extend it? Thanks for any input.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Generaly, whatever length cable you need, FAKRA-Z (universal) to extend.

That said, there's at least one thread here about extending and as I recall, the preferred method is to get a quality screw on cable and add it between the truck connector and trailer. Same thread should also have info about moving the bumper connector into the bed.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread