Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trail_Wagon: The story of "Hope". A 2022 power wagon build

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Anymore information and close up shots you can provide of the custom mount you fabbed for the resis? I just got my front shocks delivered on Saturday. Was looking at the instructions and the mounts provided. I am running the 75th anniversary factory wheels with 37x13.5 nitto mud grapplers. My concern is at full flex or even before hitting full flex, that the tire may rub or hit the resi especially with the high offset factory wheels I have.

If you have time to share some close ups and details on that mount you fabbed up, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to figure out exactly how and where I'm going to mount the resis up front before I even dive into the install. For now, they're just sitting in my garage waiting for install.
Its a tight fit, that tire goes way further up than you think it would at full flex, especially when disconnected. I had to make my resi mounts twice becuase the first time I didn't get them high enough, or inboard enough.. The mounts are super simple... I just cut the bottom of the fox mount off, then welded that to a small piece of 1.5" angle iron. I tapered the edges for asthetics. I tucked things as far back as I could and had to cut the inner liner to make room for the reservoirs.

One VERY important thing to note is I bled the nitrogen from the shocks so I could loosen the fittings on the hose and position them where I wanted. You will never force the fittings or hose into an angle it doesn't want to go in without bleeding the pressure first. I have to tools to recharge so it was no big deal, but if you don't have that capability, you might just want to use the fox stuff.

PXL_20230523_013446323.jpgPXL_20230523_013449112.jpgPXL_20230523_013455841.jpg

JeepingNet

Reaction score
I might have to order these fox performance elite. I just got a new mountain bike with performance elite suspension and its so nice.

Going to switch my Jeep LJ over to fox as well in time.
Are these the part numbers you used? 883-26-065 and 883-26-062 with the factory valving right?

Amazing build! I can only image what this thread is going to cost me :)

What do you find you set setting too on the shocks?

Last edited:

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
I might have to order these fox performance elite. I just got a new mountain bike with performance elite suspension and its so nice.

Going to switch my Jeep LJ over to fox as well in time.
Are these the part numbers you used? 883-26-065 and 883-26-062 with the factory valving right?

Amazing build! I can only image what this thread is going to cost me :)

What do you find you set setting too on the shocks?
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy and the forum didn't notify there was a new post. I keep the shocks low speed compression at 5 front and rear. If I load the bed I'll go up to 6 or 7 in the rear and leave the front at 5. I'm still playing with the off road settings. I typically have the high speed adjusters at the lightest setting

aaaslayer

Reaction score
Its a tight fit, that tire goes way further up than you think it would at full flex, especially when disconnected. I had to make my resi mounts twice becuase the first time I didn't get them high enough, or inboard enough.. The mounts are super simple... I just cut the bottom of the fox mount off, then welded that to a small piece of 1.5" angle iron. I tapered the edges for asthetics. I tucked things as far back as I could and had to cut the inner liner to make room for the reservoirs.

One VERY important thing to note is I bled the nitrogen from the shocks so I could loosen the fittings on the hose and position them where I wanted. You will never force the fittings or hose into an angle it doesn't want to go in without bleeding the pressure first. I have to tools to recharge so it was no big deal, but if you don't have that capability, you might just want to use the fox stuff.

View attachment 57333View attachment 57334View attachment 57335

When you recharged it, to what pressure? You have specs? I'm in the middle of the install

Go4Mac

Reaction score
@Trail_Wagon , I got my Fox 2.5 DSC installed over the weekend along with my Carli R2 rear coils. I have them set currently at 5 high speed and 5 low speed. That's 5 clicks from full open, to clockwise. I was under the impression you get about 10 clicks per setting, but I am getting like 9 on high speed, and 8 on low speed. It won't go any further. How many settings do you have per knob?

And my truck rides so much better now. No more sag, no more wobbly feeling on the highway. I'm sure the Hellwig big wig sway bar helped a lot with that sway though because I had installed that one Saturday morning and test drove it before I got to installing the coils and shocks. And it was already a major difference in swaying. Then after the shocks and coils, the sag issue was corrected and going 50 mph on dips by my house felt like I had nothing back there, when I have about 650 lbs on constant weight back there with the pop up camper and 37" spare and swing out.
I stumbled onto this thread tonight, thank you all for your experiences and insight. I just got a used 2022 and i want to put a pop up camper, maybe even a scout kanai like @Trail_Wagon Was originally thinking, and i am interested in the r2 Carli rear coils and the 1/2” thuren Front level coils. The fox 2.5 dsc shocks are definitely on the top of the list. @aaaslayer , which rear coil model did you end up with? How are they with a constant load?
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread