Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

MeyerzRam

Reaction score
Just completed the install on my 2023 3500 mega. Slightly different process, but overall close enough. The upper seat belt mount needs to be removed to get the cover off. Held by a torx bolt. Be careful not to drop the 2 little screws that hold the upper panel and when you remove the coat hook, a little square plastic piece fell out and will need to be put back in.

In addition OBD JSCAN works for enabling the sales code. Now time to pair the sensors already installed in the trailer tires and paired to my 2021.

truemanrst

Reaction score
As @Big Baloo mentioned, not really hard, just tedious... take your time and go slow and the headliner shouldn't be too horrible.
I got the gateway module mounted and plugged in with no issues. Enabled VehConfig 8-Trailer TPM via Alpha OBD. The TTPS screen shows up on the trailer dash display. Have not mounted the receiver yet however my question is this, is there any other Alpha OBD settings that need to be enabled to get the receiver working or does it work and communicate with the gateway module once plugged in. Also, how are the sensors configured ? Is there something in the settings screen to do that.

thestuarts

Reaction score
I got the gateway module mounted and plugged in with no issues. Enabled VehConfig 8-Trailer TPM via Alpha OBD. The TTPS screen shows up on the trailer dash display. Have not mounted the receiver yet however my question is this, is there any other Alpha OBD settings that need to be enabled to get the receiver working or does it work and communicate with the gateway module once plugged in. Also, how are the sensors configured ? Is there something in the settings screen to do that.

I made a YouTube video for the TTPMS settings and configuring the sensors. The first six minutes of the video is setting up the AlophaOBD connection. I recommend watching that portion of the video even if you have done it already because there are a few gotchas.

truemanrst

Reaction score
I made a YouTube video for the TTPMS settings and configuring the sensors. The first six minutes of the video is setting up the AlophaOBD connection. I recommend watching that portion of the video even if you have done it already because there are a few gotchas.

Very nice video. Thanks for the quick reply.

Users who are viewing this thread