Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
e0670d9f0a93c48b4f600f47daa9ba56.jpg

cb02ef3f88074e456d66e4c8a81e4c24.jpg

e28d0f1bd6876663f91e904d38e37dda.jpg

cfb7f2a018ab2ae40774210036aba4ae.jpg

e42a8add6f3791627e691f43ce19e810.jpg

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS

Jddirk

Reaction score
Great info. Ill let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jddirk

Reaction score
Can't get to the screen you have

The Radio Info screen? Lower right and left buttons on the touch screen at the same time for 10sec then radio part info.

Jddirk

Reaction score
QbAYSsh.jpg

It’s coming out of the bottom of this bundle

Jimmy can you tell me the P/N for that fuse? It is a different size than the ones in the PDC and the parts guy couldnt figure it out

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Jimmy can you tell me the P/N for that fuse? It is a different size than the ones in the PDC and the parts guy couldnt figure it out

It’s a standard “mini” series fuse- 20 amp

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Congrats!!

2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS

hcooperrn

Reaction score
Tada. Worked perfectly. Wasn’t sure what to expect when setting up, so drained the first tire for about 45sec, then horn honked 30sec later. Second tire drained 30sec, honk 30sec later. Next two tires honked at 15sec of draining.
ffa34a8d2d073af50decaf286e5e4072.jpg

Phil T

Reaction score
Tada. Worked perfectly. Wasn’t sure what to expect when setting up, so drained the first tire for about 45sec, then horn honked 30sec later. Second tire drained 30sec, honk 30sec later. Next two tires honked at 15sec of draining.

That's the way we want to see it. Good job.

carlrx7

Reaction score
Hmmmm, Without using AlphaOBD, I wonder if the Radio will auto find the TTPMS modules after a battery reset?

Jddirk

Reaction score
Hmmmm, Without using AlphaOBD, I wonder if the Radio will auto find the TTPMS modules after a battery reset?

I would doubt it. There is definitely a value called “TTPMS Present” in the BCM. It is set to No on the 2019s. I suspect that if that is not set to Yes you wont get the option. Worth a try though.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Jddirk is correct. You still have to enable the settings in the BCM. All that happened when I had him pull power to reset the radio is it sped up the process of the radio learning the new BCM settings. Otherwise, it might have taken a day or two of multiple drive cycles for them to show up.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I found that pushing up on the headliner made it much easier to come out - I think the edge sits inside a lip, so I pushed up with my right hand , then used my left hand on the exposed edge to pull forward and then down, and it came right down. Did that three times and it was loose all the way to the hanger in the driver side. Megacab though, maybe the extra material made it easier to work with.

Magnetic tip screwdriver saved me on those Phillips screws, I would have dropped one for sure.

Any videos on removing the liner. I’m still trying to picture all of this.

2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS

I got it. Just had to pull the rear edge of the headliner away from the window frame edge. Just like @Phil T doc said to do. I used a wide hooked trim tool.

DO NOT remove that phillips screw. It screws into a clip that's pressed in. The clip popped out somehow and fell all the way down behind the trim panel. I had to pull the trim panels all the way down and fish it out with a magnetic wand. That lower panel isn't coming out easily with the seat installed. I'm not sure why they did it that way to begin with.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Jddirk is correct. You still have to enable the settings in the BCM. All that happened when I had him pull power to reset the radio is it sped up the process of the radio learning the new BCM settings. Otherwise, it might have taken a day or two of multiple drive cycles for them to show up.

I posted pics of this early in the thread after @g00fy showed the TPMS enable option in AlphaOBD.

I left my radio overnight and it showed up the next day. I think someone else got it with just a few key cycles.

I got everything installed today but didn't have time to test the generic 433Mhz sensors. Too busy selling my other truck and getting this one buttoned back up before visiting some friends.

ETA: Just checked After midnight) and the pressure is now showing on the radio. I enabled it around 3PM and started/drove the truck 3 times.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So far, I have not had any success pairing my Tireminder 433Mhz sensors to the truck.

I have a feeling I may have an unofficial option installed I may never use.

I don't want to throw much more money at it, but if I can build something that lets me drop the 5 PSI the computer needs, I might still try.

If anyone can possibly confirm dropping to 0 PSI might trigger a sensor learn, please let us know. That's how the tireminder external sensors pair.

I did notice in AlphaOBD an option to pre-install or change the truck TPMS sensors by inputting an ID code, but couldn't find anything on the Trailer sensors.

Jddirk

Reaction score

Awesome. Still waiting on my sensors. Who spun them into the tires for you? What did they charge?

Phil T

Reaction score
I paid 10 buck each for install at a local tire shop. That is their charge for mount and balance.

2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab HO Cummins 8' Bed 4X4 12" Uconnect

hcooperrn

Reaction score
I had my rebalanced at the same time, $15 per tire at a local tire shop I try to support.

For those trying the tireminders, can you just barely crack them so they start leaking? That would keep some pressure reading in the sensor, wouldn’t it? I don’t know how they work though so just guessing. I have a second trailer and would love to find a cheaper option for it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I had my rebalanced at the same time, $15 per tire at a local tire shop I try to support.

For those trying the tireminders, can you just barely crack them so they start leaking? That would keep some pressure reading in the sensor, wouldn’t it? I don’t know how they work though so just guessing. I have a second trailer and would love to find a cheaper option for it.

That's what I was doing. Let them leak for a bit.

I tried several things. Starting at target PSI, starting 10 pounds higher, etc. I timed some and then measured pressure and was usually @5-10 PSI change.

The two sensors I'm working with had been unpaired from the tireminder and it is off.

Users who are viewing this thread