Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

sstoner911

Reaction score
The guy at discount told me this as well, the sensors go to sleep to save batt life. They should wake up when you get rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish it were that simple

Attachments

• 20220529_114216.jpg
    20220529_114216.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 39

sstoner911

Reaction score
Well, I deleted the TTPMS setup on Trailer 1 and set it up on Trailer 2.....see if it sticks.20220612_181434.jpg

BLJ

Reaction score
My 2022 with factory installed ttpms will pair all the sensors and read tire pressures only until the vehicle is turned off. Once turned off it says system not configured and never shows pressures again even after driving for a while. Dealer admits they have no clue as to what to do. Anyone ever heard of someone getting their money refunded for an option that never worked?

CdnHO

Reaction score
My 2022 with factory installed ttpms will pair all the sensors and read tire pressures only until the vehicle is turned off. Once turned off it says system not configured and never shows pressures again even after driving for a while. Dealer admits they have no clue as to what to do. Anyone ever heard of someone getting their money refunded for an option that never worked?
Probably are but are you pressing "FINISHED" on the radio after pairing? Don't ask how I know.

sstoner911

Reaction score
What have they tried to fix it?

I doubt they will refund - I am having a similar issue. For about 4-5 key starts it will show me the trailer TPMS screen but it always has the target pressure at 50 - it never holds at the 80 PSI I initially setup. I can change it to 80 but it reverts back to 50 PSI once I hook a trailer up that I do not have the sensors installed in.

Then for about another 4-5 key starts it will display " Trailer Tier Pressure System not Configured". It will revert back to showing me the trailer TPMS screen again after a few more key starts. Now my truck did not come factory wit this option - I added it after the fact. I think this is an issue with the headliner module - could be a software issue with the Uconnect 5 as well.

BLJ

Reaction score
What have they tried to fix it?

I doubt they will refund - I am having a similar issue. For about 4-5 key starts it will show me the trailer TPMS screen but it always has the target pressure at 50 - it never holds at the 80 PSI I initially setup. I can change it to 80 but it reverts back to 50 PSI once I hook a trailer up that I do not have the sensors installed in.

Then for about another 4-5 key starts it will display " Trailer Tier Pressure System not Configured". It will revert back to showing me the trailer TPMS screen again after a few more key starts. Now my truck did not come factory wit this option - I added it after the fact. I think this is an issue with the headliner module - could be a software issue with the Uconnect 5 as well.
They replaced the module up in the headliner and then they put in aftermarket sensors but neither did any good. Now they tell me the dealership has been sold and that they don't even know if any of them will still be working there. Oh, I forgot they also told me to remove the tint from the windows which is factory original.

sstoner911

Reaction score
They replaced the module up in the headliner and then they put in aftermarket sensors but neither did any good. Now they tell me the dealership has been sold and that they don't even know if any of them will still be working there. Oh, I forgot they also told me to remove the tint from the windows which is factory original.

I would ask them to open a star case - where they call FCA to see if they get some insight form an Engineer etc to remedy it - I can not so this since it was not an option that came on my truck unfortunately.

BLJ

Reaction score
I would ask them to open a star case - where they call FCA to see if they get some insight form an Engineer etc to remedy it - I can not so this since it was not an option that came on my truck unfortunately.
It is a star case and they are the ones who said to replace the module and also the ones who said to remove the tint which was factory.

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem right now with a factory installed system and factory OEM sensors on my 22. I also had one OEM DOA. All 4 sensors read correctly until I shut the truck off. I've had the not configured message ever since.

mlink

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem right now with a factory installed system and factory OEM sensors on my 22. I also had one OEM DOA. All 4 sensors read correctly until I shut the truck off. I've had the not configured message ever since.
I’ve had the same issue on my ‘22 since setup two times. Both times, had to take trailer wheels off and register next to truck. I have had it with both 23.3 and 24.3 on Uconnect 5.

sstoner911

Reaction score
There must be an issue with the Uconnect 5. Hopefully if enough people report it they will address the issue.

BLJ

Reaction score
Just an update, at this point Star and the dealership have completely given up on the problem and have no hope for a fix anytime soon. If you want to get what you pay for maybe don't buy a Ram.

troyljones

Reaction score
Caution: Not all rims work with the RAM TTPMS valve sensors/stems.
I had new G-rated tires installed on my 5th wheel today, and brought along my RAM supplied sensors for the TTPMS system. No matter what we tried, the threaded length of the stems wasn't long enough to work on my HD aluminum trailer rims. The rims were too thick, so when the stems were installed, there was not enough threads on the outside to get a bite on with the stem nuts. They are apparently designed for steel rims, and may work on some thinner aluminum wheels.
I may check with Schrader to see if they make a stem with a longer threaded section, but I have already spent too much on the stem swap and would rather put any additional expense towards a real TTPMS that monitors both PSI and Temp.
Did you ever find replacement stems that have long enough mounting threads for HD aluminum rims. I just had Les Schwab try to install my TTPMS sensors and this is when I discovered the issue. The mechanic showed me the new stem in the rim and there are barely 1 - 2 threads protruding to the outside of the rim. I see the shorter stem option from Schrader (PN 20049) but the mounting threads still look to short. The Mopar TTPMS sensors I purchased are the P68433188AA set of 4 and the mounting thread length is just at 10mm. I am thinking stems with 15-20mm worth of mounting threads would be the sweet spot. TIA - Troy

Steevo

Reaction score
I went with a TST 507 TPMS system for the 5th wheel. It provides both pressure and temperature monitoring/alarms.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I replaced the receiver module in the back bumper. Of course I lost all the pairing. Tried to get service folks to work with me if that corrects the issue (reimbursed for the part), but they said it has to be installed by a "certified" tecchnician. Two push buttons and a connector. Yeah right! By the look on his face he didn't even know the system existed. They wanted me to bring the truck and trailer in so they could diagnose it. I live in the thing. I will eat the part cost first before going to all the work of packing every thing and towing the rig down there. Won't know if the receiver module fixes the problem until we head south for the winter. So far I am not impressed with the electronics in this truck. Besides this issue, randomly the AC doesn't work and adaptive cruise refuses to come on.

CdnHO

Reaction score
So I installed the new module. Tried 4 times to pair the sensors with no luck. Gave up and put the old module back in. Luckily the sensor information is stored in the receiver module so pairing again was unnecessary. Will try to return the one I just bought. I have no faith in this system. Will probably go back to my old Pressure Pro. Chrysler should have tested the system more.

gator6

Reaction score
Did you ever find replacement stems that have long enough mounting threads for HD aluminum rims. I just had Les Schwab try to install my TTPMS sensors and this is when I discovered the issue. The mechanic showed me the new stem in the rim and there are barely 1 - 2 threads protruding to the outside of the rim. I see the shorter stem option from Schrader (PN 20049) but the mounting threads still look to short. The Mopar TTPMS sensors I purchased are the P68433188AA set of 4 and the mounting thread length is just at 10mm. I am thinking stems with 15-20mm worth of mounting threads would be the sweet spot. TIA - Troy
I’m still trying to solve this too

CdnHO

Reaction score
This whole TTPMS system was not well thought out. Not likely they looked to trailer owners for input.

fmixman

Reaction score
This might be covered already, but are ppl just adding an additional sensor to their spare tire on the trailer? I run a tandem axle ( 4 tires) and have 2 spares on the trailer, wondered if adding sensors to those wheels just works when you have to do a swap for a blowout.

Users who are viewing this thread