Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

CdnHO

Reaction score
Programmed the truck to my TTPMS sensors. Found the best way is to release air continuously and slowly until you hear the horn chirp twice and then move on to the next one. Worked like a charm....I hope.IMG_1569.JPG

Last edited:

Davidatc80

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the bumper receiver (68526635AB) will work in place of the (68375990AC)? It says for 2022 but some of these parts have been interchangeable regardless of the year as long as it’s a 5th gen. I can’t find the AC anywhere but found the AB close by so I’m going to try it.

Davidatc80

Reaction score
Next question, does anyone have the sensor kit #68516743AA they would like to sell?

nightperson

Reaction score
So I have had the TTPMS installed on my 2022 now for a few weeks after the Update for the UConnect 5 seems to have resolved my pairing issue.

I noticed that the truck doesn't balways hold the settings. On some starts is displays " trailer tire pressure monitoring system not configured" and then on the next start up I have the screen showing the trailer tire pressure displayed as it should.

It also doesn't hold the target pressure of 80, seems to always default to 50.

On a trip to Colorado I changed the target pressure from 50 to 80 then they truck gave me a message saying the sensors didn't match the trailer I was using in the radio settings.

Not really sure how to fix these issues.
How long is your trailer? Im having the same issues with my 2022 that i just got- sensors pair but i get same errors and reads red- id like to think its the distance but i can reset the sensors and they read- shut the truck off and restart and they wont read. I assume its a software issue at this point.

CdnHO

Reaction score
How long is your trailer? Im having the same issues with my 2022 that i just got- sensors pair but i get same errors and reads red- id like to think its the distance but i can reset the sensors and they read- shut the truck off and restart and they wont read. I assume its a software issue at this point.
When you shut down the truck after pairing, the sensor go to sleep and quit sending data to preserve battery life. They won't start transmitting again until the tires start rolling. Take the trailer for a short drive and see if that doesn't fix your issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1569.JPG
    IMG_1569.JPG
    413 KB · Views: 9

gator6

Reaction score
Do ALL tires need to be present to set the system? We’re living in the RV now and I’m trying to get the tires into the shop 2 at a time to have the sensors installed. The guy at Discount Tire wanted me to ask Ram, but those guys probably wouldn’t know anything about the trailer TMPS system.

I’ve considered putting the entire thing on jack stands, but that seems iffy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arx237

Reaction score
Do ALL tires need to be present to set the system? We’re living in the RV now and I’m trying to get the tires into the shop 2 at a time to have the sensors installed. The guy at Discount Tire wanted me to ask Ram, but those guys probably wouldn’t know anything about the trailer TMPS system.

I’ve considered putting the entire thing on jack stands, but that seems iffy to me.

I do not believe you can add more tires onto a current config. I would wait until they are all in and ready.

gator6

Reaction score
I do not believe you can add more tires onto a current config. I would wait until they are all in and ready.

That’s what we were looking at yesterday, the option to select single tires is greyed out. Just going to get them all on and then go through the motions.

CdnHO

Reaction score

Since I have 8 tires on my fifth wheel, I took in four at a time for new tires and the sensor installation. I wasn't about to put a 22K trailer on jack stands. Once all the tires were back on, I set up the system. Once set up, you cannot add sensors, just replace one. I guess in the event you have to replace a defective or damaged sensor. Just be advised that once your sensors are set up, the truck will after a few hours show each sensor with no data since the sensors go to sleep to preserve battery life. Once rolling the come alive and start transmitting. My old Pressure Pro system was always alive so it was easy to check pressures before each trip. You will need to check pressures with a gauge before each trip.

gator6

Reaction score
Mine won’t fit the rims I have. Need to track down some new stems.

gator6

Reaction score
Since I have 8 tires on my fifth wheel, I took in four at a time for new tires and the sensor installation. I wasn't about to put a 22K trailer on jack stands. Once all the tires were back on, I set up the system. Once set up, you cannot add sensors, just replace one. I guess in the event you have to replace a defective or damaged sensor. Just be advised that once your sensors are set up, the truck will after a few hours show each sensor with no data since the sensors go to sleep to preserve battery life. Once rolling the come alive and start transmitting. My old Pressure Pro system was always alive so it was easy to check pressures before each trip. You will need to check pressures with a gauge before each trip.

Did your stems fit from the factory, or did you need to change them out?

gator6

Reaction score
These are what I installed https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-sensor-kit-trailer-tire-68433188aa Price has gone up since last August.

Can find them on flea-bay or just do a web search for the part number. The set you have listed, may be the same, but otherwise, no idea. https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-sensor-pa-tire-pressure~68433188aa.html

However, order yourself a set of the shorter Stems if you have aluminum rims on your trailer - those are these here: https://www.tpms.com/product-p/20049.htm

Does this get around the thicker rim wall though?

CdnHO

Reaction score
Did your stems fit from the factory, or did you need to change them out?

The rims on my trailer are heavy dual rims. The stems on factory sensors fit fine.

sstoner911

Reaction score
It's not an issue with the sensors sleeping.. it's an issue with the truck going back to not having the sensors paired at all

gator6

Reaction score
It's not an issue with the sensors sleeping.. it's an issue with the truck going back to not having the sensors paired at all

The guy at discount told me this as well, the sensors go to sleep to save batt life. They should wake up when you get rolling.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Not to insult you, but did you press "FINISH" on the radio after you paired the last sensor? I didn't the first time. I just figured that when the horn chirped on the last sensor, that was it.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Not to insult you, but did you press "FINISH" on the radio after you paired the last sensor? I didn't the first time. I just figured that when the horn chirped on the last sensor, that was it.
I guess I didn't explain this issue very well. I successfully paired the sensors and it was working as designed for that day, the next day, it went back to the " tire pressure system not configured" message. Drove it a few hundred miles then stopped and ate lunch. When I started the truck the TTPMS was working again.

Every few key cycles it reverts back and forth between it working and not even being setup.
This is my second Ram with TTPMS, but this one did not come with it factory installed and I had a heck of time even getting the sensors to pair but after a different bumper module part number for the 22s and getting a UConnect 5 update I was finally able to get it to work. Well intermittent I guess.

When it stops working the screen to set the target pressure has 409 as the default setting, it should be 50....

I think this is still a UConnect 5 issue.

Attachments

• 20220529_114216.jpg
    20220529_114216.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220529_115507.jpg
    20220529_115507.jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220529_115514.jpg
    20220529_115514.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread