Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
From what I understand, everthing is enabled in a 22 DJ with the 12 pin connector, add trailer sensors and go, correct?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
From what I understand, everthing is enabled in a 22 DJ with the 12 pin connector, add trailer sensors and go, correct?
The 12 pin connector has nothing to do with the TTPMS feature, but if your truck came with the option and you have the sensors, you’re good to go.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
It came with the 360 camera and has the module behind the plate.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
It came with the 360 camera and has the module behind the plate.
If you have the module in place and the sensors, you’re good to go.
Just to clarify for other 2022 owners that come across this, just because 360 and 12 pin is present, doesn’t necessarily mean TTPMS is there. NORMALLY, the tow tech package includes TTPMS, but for 2022, at some point they changed that package to “B”, that doesn’t include TTPMS. Having the 12 pin and 360 on a 2022 is a byproduct of having the tow tech package, but won’t always mean TTPMS is. You’d have to physically verify, or check the equipment listing to know for sure.

In your case, it seems you got in on the tow tech package before they stripped TTPMS from it.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
It's a Christmas present to me! BH 6/14 order, Tech Package and level B

fresyes

Reaction score
An update on my 2022 truck…
Even though it shows the option enabled in the uconnect, it will not work. I went online with the BCM and it is NOT enabled there and the hardware down by the license plate is missing also.
I ordered the missing hardware, but I’m going to wait to install it. The truck is too new!

Viper67

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited. One year old. I have the module by the bumper installed. Does anyone have a video or good pictures on how to install the module/cable in the headliner? I’m worried Ill rip something and want to watch a video or have clear directions.

RamRoadWarrior

Reaction score
Just to clarify for other 2022 owners that come across this, just because 360 and 12 pin is present, doesn’t necessarily mean TTPMS is there. NORMALLY, the tow tech package includes TTPMS, but for 2022, at some point they changed that package to “B”, that doesn’t include TTPMS. Having the 12 pin and 360 on a 2022 is a byproduct of having the tow tech package, but won’t always mean TTPMS is. You’d have to physically verify, or check the equipment listing to know for sure.

In your case, it seems you got in on the tow tech package before they stripped TTPMS from it.

So in order to verify whether or not its on the truck with above packages would be A) check the obvious place behind plate. B) pull up body build sheet from FCA? If the module is there and equipment build sheet says its there all a person needs to do in theory is get said shrader sensors and be happy?

Anyone have more than one trailer they hook up too, like boat trailer with sensor, and also maybe a fifth wheel or other trailer with another set of sensors they pull separately and the truck reads each trailer sensors when connected?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
So in order to verify whether or not its on the truck with above packages would be A) check the obvious place behind plate. B) pull up body build sheet from FCA? If the module is there and equipment build sheet says its there all a person needs to do in theory is get said shrader sensors and be happy?

Anyone have more than one trailer they hook up too, like boat trailer with sensor, and also maybe a fifth wheel or other trailer with another set of sensors they pull separately and the truck reads each trailer sensors when connected?
If it’s on the equipment listing, then you should have the feature and the sensors should have come with the truck.

dsneill

Reaction score

so if i have the "Towing Technology Group B" on the build sheet . i do not have the ttpms ?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
so if i have the "Towing Technology Group B" on the build sheet . i do not have the ttpms ?
I don’t keep up with what options are included in what packages anymore, since they seem to constantly be changing them this year. If you have it, it will specifically be listed on your equipment listing under optional equipment.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I installed the TIMs and the receiver at the bumper today on my 2022 Limited Longhorn. I have an appointment on 12/28 for the dealer to activate the trailer TPMS. I was a little disappointed that this was practically the one feature the dealer didn't order this truck with I really wanted. Overall the install was pretty easy and I am just glad I didn't have to wait months for this truck.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Did the dealer screw up the order? Mine has everything except the sensors and I didn't order it. I have since gotten the sensors

sstoner911

Reaction score
Did the dealer screw up the order? Mine has everything except the sensors and I didn't order it. I have since gotten the sensore

No, I snagged this truck when it was already in transit to the dealer. The trailer TPMS was not one of the options they ordered - sometimes I think the people at the Dealerships ordering these trucks are not knowledgeable on what to order - for example they ordered this truck with every towing option - 360 trailer camera - digital rearview mirror with trailer back up camera etc...but they leave off the trailer TPMS that is an inexpensive upgrade compared to all the other upgrades.

Hell, my salesman didn't even know the difference between the HO and SO...

Users who are viewing this thread