Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
We have liftoff. I pulled down the corner headliner and disconnected the connector from the terminating block. Jumping 2&3 and 6&7 did the trick. No more service error. Now I get a normal message that trailer tire pressure system not configured. See pictures.
b45872f6e7eabfc4ac26a6006cfa21fb.jpg
8e341335221e69486fc96833979c2aa0.jpg
1c4200dbdc4090ef1eebd15e71f8eb75.jpg

Did you have to fuse F94 or did it just light up?

Did it survive a key cycle or didn't you check?

Phil T

Reaction score
The goal is to see if MOPAR will sell the jumper cable. Then you just need the TPMS bumper sensor, the TIM module and a way to recode the config options in the truck. However, so far It appears you do have to have a truck that was ordered with the XFQ aux camera. Unless someone that did an after build XFQ install can check for the harness. That probably opens up a whole other can-o-worms on all the wiring needed.

Makes perfect sense. I should have thought more about it before posting. Considering the Uconnect WiFi (radio) is isolated from the CAN bus to prevent remote hacks - hence why we have to use the security bypass cables and such to recode things. There can't be that much logic in the TIM gateway if it's just providing circuit protection to the CAN bus. Thankfully, the TIM is relatively cheap and it will hopefully just be a matter of identifying and sourcing the cable.

Good info. Those min orders are a bitch. You can only pull the sample trick so long before you run out. I hadn't logged into Digikey in so long I had to update my pwd. I get most of my electronics (repair) stuff from Mouser as the shipping is usually a little quicker for me. I tried to run down a few yazaki/TE connectors at Mouser and they were non-stock items with like 500-1000 min orders. One was 7500 and one was 10K (qty) @$1.something ea.
My truck was NOT ordered with xfq and the ttpms infrastructure is there. One has nothing to do with the other.

Jddirk

Reaction score
Mine also doesn’t have XFQ and has the connector at the bumper.

I received my TPMS receiver today from MoparPartsOnline. About to order the TIM and hoping someone finds the P/N for the pigtail!

Anyone have a recommendation on where to buy the TIM? MoparPartsOnline had some relatively high shipping for such a small part...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My truck was NOT ordered with xfq and the ttpms infrastructure is there. One has nothing to do with the other.

Well OK then. Glad you cleared that up for everyone.

You doing OK? You seem a little hostile.

I was basing my comments off other posts that indicated XFQ was required as a basis for XG9.

Carry on.

Phil T

Reaction score
I'm good. Just stating the facts. I am happy that all the research that everyone has done resulted in a green light.

Phil T

Reaction score
Mine also doesn’t have XFQ and has the connector at the bumper.

I received my TPMS receiver today from MoparPartsOnline. About to order the TIM and hoping someone finds the P/N for the pigtail!

Anyone have a recommendation on where to buy the TIM? MoparPartsOnline had some relatively high shipping for such a small part...

I ordered mine from moparwholesaleparts.com

$67.37
$8.53 Shipping
$-2.00 coupon
$73.90 Total

Note: I put the module in the cart and then left it there a day. They sent me an e-mail for $2.00 off. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

g00fy

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear back from allmoparparts on the pigtail, i messaged him yesterday and he apologized apparently they're extremely busy and since he can't just access a parts breakdown for the TTPMS system he's gotta do extra homework and make phone calls to mopar corporate to get the info and getting part numbers for forums members is kinda a side gig for him and gets done in his free time. I'll post the number for the jumper harness as soon as i get it.

Glad to see though that jumping the pins works for anyone who doesn't want to spend the money on the TIM & Jumper.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered mine from moparwholesaleparts.com

$67.37
$8.53 Shipping
$-2.00 coupon
$73.90 Total

Note: I put the module in the cart and then left it there a day. They sent me an e-mail for $2.00 off. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

That's my usual plan as lots of vendors do this. Let something stew in your cart and they might send you a discount code. Most of the codes I'm otherwise finding on the coupon sites are not working. I'm being cheap this time and don't want to pay shipping twice so am holding out for that pigtail part number if available to make one last order.

g00fy

Reaction score
Here we go, jumper harness $9.69:

And the TIM, $68.57:

And incase anyone missed it, the actual TTPMS module that goes on the rear bumper, $64.18:
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-receiver-wireless-control-module-68375990ac

Added bonus, he gave me a code for free shipping on orders over $50: fs2020

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

Phil T

Reaction score

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Ordered jumper and TIM shows to be delivered tomorrow already. When I ordered something they emailed me and told me that’s the part I needed.

g00fy

Reaction score
Just got a free shipping code from allmoparparts for orders over $50: fs2020

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Now what’s the sensors that they read part numbers? Or where is everyone ordering them from?

Jddirk

Reaction score
Great work. Thank you. I have the last parts inbound as well.

Any special version of AlphaOBD (besides the windows version) I need to buy? Anyone have a link?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

And the TIM, $68.57:

And incase anyone missed it, the actual TTPMS module that goes on the rear bumper, $64.18:
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-receiver-wireless-control-module-68375990ac

SCHWEET!

Ordered TIM and cable.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Great work. Thank you. I have the last parts inbound as well.

Any special version of AlphaOBD (besides the windows version) I need to buy? Anyone have a link?

What year truck?

Do you have a KoadTech security bypass cable?

thestuarts

Reaction score

And the TIM, $68.57:

The part number for the TTPMS sensor that goes in each trailer tire is part 68375992AA, right?

Users who are viewing this thread