Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Got pushed too fast inside a car wash. Hitting truck in front of me. $1300 damage. Insurance company already said order $650 bumper test paint and labor. Of course I found same part for $434.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Got pushed too fast inside a car wash. Hitting truck in front of me. $1300 damage. Insurance company already said order $650 bumper test paint and labor. Of course I found same part for $434.

Drafting in the CAR WERSH

1FastHemi

Reaction score
What’s this part for?
What's in the bag that said instruction card were the licence plate goes. That might be a stupid question, but I don't care ill ask it
So we asked the same stupid question at the same time. i don't feel as stupid now, thanks Hoff

Very Simple guys, It took me a second as well to figure it out. 2 Rear License Plate Screws to hold plate on rear bumper.

2 Rear Tag Screws.pngRear Tag Screws.png

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Now that's funny, we got excited thinking we were getting something really good an its just the plate screws

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Why is this posted in the TPMS TIS sensors for trailer thread?
Because it's a truck forum and thread contributors sometimes get distracted and inadvertently navigate the thread into the ditch. Other truck (auto) forums are the same. It is what it is. Besides, I enjoyed the reminder of why I haven't looked sideways at a touchless car wash in decades.

Phil T

Reaction score

And why on God's Earth did you put it through a car wash? Mine won't even fit. It's too big.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
It’s just a one-ton single wheel mega cab.

Phil T

Reaction score
Mine is a 3500 crew long bed. Scared to even try a drive thru fast food. Besides, car washes beat the living crap out of vehicles.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 3500 crew long bed. Scared to even try a drive thru fast food. Besides, car washes beat the living crap out of vehicles.
I could never do it, I'm that guy who takes his own bucket an mitt to the self wash side an spends an hour tying up a bay then drive down the interest wide open to blow drive it off spot free

g00fy

Reaction score
So I heard from my parts guy on the TIM (Trailer Interface Module) that's supposed to be behind the head liner in the cab. Thanks to a few members here who gave me their VIN he was able to find the number for me, he did however say it was EXTREMELY difficult, he had to call Mopar corporate because there's no mention of the TIM in any of the parts breakdowns he has access to as of now.

I want to caution anyone else before immediately going and buying this, after talking to my parts guy it seems the wiring I saw in the head liner looks like it has a different connector than what is supposed to be on the TIM, so if you can, wait until i get my TIM and actually confirm whether or not I can find the wiring for it and successfully install it. The part number he gave me for the TIM is 68404893AB, it's not terribly expensive at $64+ shipping.

I should hopefully have the TIM Monday or Tuesday... MAYBE, if Jesus loves me, maybe i'll get lucky and it'll show up Saturday but i highly doubt that. I'll post how it goes as soon as i get a chance to try and install it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So I heard from my parts guy on the TIM (Trailer Interface Module) that's supposed to be behind the head liner in the cab. Thanks to a few members here who gave me their VIN he was able to find the number for me, he did however say it was EXTREMELY difficult, he had to call Mopar corporate because there's no mention of the TIM in any of the parts breakdowns he has access to as of now.

I want to caution anyone else before immediately going and buying this, after talking to my parts guy it seems the wiring I saw in the head liner looks like it has a different connector than what is supposed to be on the TIM, so if you can, wait until i get my TIM and actually confirm whether or not I can find the wiring for it and successfully install it. The part number he gave me for the TIM is 68404893AB, it's not terribly expensive at $64+ shipping.

I should hopefully have the TIM Monday or Tuesday... MAYBE, if Jesus loves me, maybe i'll get lucky and it'll show up Saturday but i highly doubt that. I'll post how it goes as soon as i get a chance to try and install it.

Thanks for doing that.

I think I'll wait. ;)

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Ok so got some bad news, and I got some good news...

Bad news, the TIM module is not present on my truck...

Good news, the corner of the head liner isn't too hard to pull apart, and the wiring harness is there plugged into a block off plate, so all we need to do is get the part number for the TIM and it should be plug and play after the Alfaobd settings are enabled.

View attachment 3650
I finally figured out what we got going on here for wiring. That connector is not the one that plugs into the Interface Module, but those two wires are the CAN C wires needed for the new connector that does plug into the module, and they originate at the Can C block above the brake pedal. Right now, it plugs into that dummy plug, which is actually a resistor. Anybody that has the TPM connector at the bumper *should* have this connector in the headliner. The interface module needs to have a constant batt+, ground, and a run/start relay output brought to it. There also needs to be two CAN C wires that go from the Interface Module out to the TPM at the bumper. These two CAN C wires should be populated in the 4-way connector at the bumper. There are six in-line connectors between the TPM and the interface module, so it’s a matter of finding which in-line connector half they stop being populated at. It looks like the connector and terminals for the interface module can be easily sourced.

Phil T

Reaction score
Are you looking at an actual schematic? Your explanation sounds good, but a picture is worth a thousand words.
Could you sketch out your idea as a schematic?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Are you looking at an actual schematic? Your explanation sounds good, but a picture is worth a thousand words.
Could you sketch out your idea as a schematic?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The schematic is an incomplete drawing with missing circuits. I had to take the interface module connector view with the circuit numbers, and trace each one to their in-line connectors and points of origin.
1tQsWYx.jpg

I haven’t sketched it out yet, but I’ll draw something up tomorrow.

g00fy

Reaction score
So, @Jimmy07 FTW. He sent me this picture:

CsFLbPZpjEseXMduTWWI71si2MKYZEcwLVmFRGC91tNnDa35BzLnpFlS7-EWjd1aggtMUclwgdeiHb4Kp39ESZlsvK43gKt8dkxRL4pfLNGLIoo49gP8kbY7Pu_Ovo0XlPBnwothAfk=s315-p-k

And asked if this is how the wires are run, at the time i took the picture i figured that plug he was pointing to was just for the airbag, but i went out and double checked, sure enough his Drawing is correct. The plug with the arrow pointing to it is plugged into that 2 wire pigtail that goes to the resistor to keep the canbus from thinking there's an open circuit. He also sent me another picture from a service document that illustrates the pigtail required to plug into the TIM, i've sent this picture to my parts guy on the other forum and i'm waiting to hear back on a part number for the pigtail, and that should be it, easy plug & play with the pigtail and the TIM.

i8igZtD6Xfr7UQNSia_3pcESNWnB9sIEaTL4qyMfpIVj4yBcycifPPiSmwVJTLhdpn9bEJUYsUTroQrL8J1iYa72Hm63vm8jfBXGMErL-ukEhJK-0Gt28mIdx7lpw1oWsxVrNcu7pl4=w2400

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
That would be awesome news if it's just the TIM and a pigtail harness and we don't have to build a bear.

At the risk of jinxing it, here's hoping for a big Homer Wohoo! to close this thread with a solution soon.

Users who are viewing this thread