Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow mirror running lights?

yarnellm

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I installed OEM tow mirrors on my 2019 2500. My dealer sold me a kit that I later found out is for the 2018 and prior 2500; however I was successful in making the functions work with the forum help and my dealer adding the sales codes. The one thing missing is the running lights. My question is, should these mirrors have running lights in addition to the turn signals?

el_barto

Reaction score
On the 2019+, yes they function as running lights as well as turn signals.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I installed OEM tow mirrors on my 2019 2500. My dealer sold me a kit that I later found out is for the 2018 and prior 2500; however I was successful in making the functions work with the forum help and my dealer adding the sales codes. The one thing missing is the running lights. My question is, should these mirrors have running lights in addition to the turn signals?
No, the mirrors you installed do not have running lights. However, you can enable the running light feature on the door modules, and add the wires to the running lights circuits on the door modules and tap them into the turn signal circuit, making sure to put a diode on the turn signal circuit. Since your mirrors only came with two connectors, you’ll need to buy the third connector that plugs into the door module which carries the running light circuit. If you’re going to do it, I can show you what you need to do.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Why not return them for the proper mirrors?

yarnellm

Reaction score
No, the mirrors you installed do not have running lights. However, you can enable the running light feature on the door modules, and add the wires to the running lights circuits on the door modules and tap them into the turn signal circuit, making sure to put a diode on the turn signal circuit. Since your mirrors only came with two connectors, you’ll need to buy the third connector that plugs into the door module which carries the running light circuit. If you’re going to do it, I can show you what you need to do.
Jimmy, after discussing with my dealer's parts guy, they claim the right side OEM mirror is on back order. I would like to add the circuit to my present mirrors to enable the running lights. I would much appreciate if you would give me instructions.

Thank You!

msb1288

Reaction score
Hello,
I’ve been reading this thread and I’d like to add the wiring required to make my turn signal lamps operate as running lamps. Do you mind sharing the connector and wiring needs so I can order and get this installed? Also, if you know the parameter name to activate this function please share this as well. I have AlfaOBD and can program the settings as needed.
Many thanks,
Mark

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Hello,
I’ve been reading this thread and I’d like to add the wiring required to make my turn signal lamps operate as running lamps. Do you mind sharing the connector and wiring needs so I can order and get this installed? Also, if you know the parameter name to activate this function please share this as well. I have AlfaOBD and can program the settings as needed.
Many thanks,
Mark
Is this for a 2019+ HD Ram, or pre-2019?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Pre-2019
2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn w/Cummins 6.7
Ok, that one I don’t tell people how I do it because I build those kits for DDP:

msb1288

Reaction score
Ok, that one I don’t tell people how I do it because I build those kits for DDP:

Understood. I checked with them and they don’t have inventory and don’t know when they’ll get more. Thanks for your time.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Understood. I checked with them and they don’t have inventory and don’t know when they’ll get more. Thanks for your time.
Yeah I’m working on a batch for him right now, waiting on backordered parts.

msb1288

Reaction score
Yeah I’m working on a batch for him right now, waiting on backordered parts.
Awesome. That’s great. They told me that they can place an order for me and invoice me then it’ll be filled when you’re able to build more. Many thanks. Looking forward to the updates to my truck.

Tkm98rc

Reaction score
Is this for a 2019+ HD Ram, or pre-2019?
I have a 2019 and running into the same problem is there a wiring harness that’s put for it now or are you still willing to show how to do it?

Users who are viewing this thread