Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Cameras FAQ

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This is intended to be a brief roll-up FAQ with links to the relevant threads related to all towing cameras.

It should also help those seeking guidance to understand what each is and what they are called.

There's an extensive thread here detailing the options:

DRVM Tow Mode Camera
12-pin Trailer Auxiliary Camera
1676782877274.png1676782930904.png
2019:
  • Required DIY addition of XFQ sales code kit
  • Wiring Prep Kit [82215833AB] does not include trailer camera
2020:
  • Pickup Sales code (XFQ) CC Sales code (XAC)
  • These are just the truck wiring, see cameras
  • 82215770AB trailer camera kit
2021:
  • Pickup Sales code (XFQ) CC Sales code (XAC)
  • These are just the truck wiring, see cameras
  • 82216068AB Dual trailer camera kit
New for 2022:
  • XH7- Tow mode camera (wired)- $450. You would choose this option if you already have a package/group selected that includes the digital rear view mirror.
  • AVF- Tow Mode digital rear view mirror package includes wired tow mode camera- $945. You would chose this package if you want the tow mode camera, but do not want a package/group that includes the digital rear view mirror.
New for 2022:
  • XN1- Trailer Surround view system- $995. This is a standalone option, but you must have a package that includes regular truck surround view, and you must have a Uconnect 5 radio.
  • XFQ- Mopar trailer camera wiring with no camera- $515
SEE FULL DETAILS IN THIS THREAD POST #19, 20:https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/2022-ram-tow-trailer-camera-options.6626/
New for 2023:
DRVM 3.0 (details to follow)
  • Trailer 360° Surround View Kit - 82216421AB-001 (old PN) & 68527709AC (new PN)

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
(I’ll edit this post out with relevant info once this thread gets going)
2023 DRVM and tow mode camera info- basically, none of the 2021/2022 DRVM and cameras are compatible/interchangeable with 2023+ DRVM and camera parts.
Side note: If anyone has the 2023+ DRVM without side mirror cameras, and decides to add them after the fact, PM me for how to get them working with alfaobd (setting is not in the list so it needs to be done unconventionally).

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the table format helps for the basic FAQ, Sales codes, and kit/camera part numbers if appropriate. I can add links to any DIY add-on threads once identified.

Once it's all good, it will be locked. Discussions can take place in the other threads, or members can create their own for builds.

You put great info into that one thread, but it's more specific to 22+ and we still get so many queries.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m in for a place holder. This should be interesting, so many different confusing tow camera options from year to year. (I’ll edit this post out with relevant info once this thread gets going)

Howdy.

Getting members PM'ing me for updated details (that I don't have).

If you wouldn't mind taking a few minutes to add details in you placeholder post, we'd sure appreciate it.

@Radiometer1

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Updated post 5 for now, and will be adding more info.

Users who are viewing this thread