Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Dinky503

Reaction score
UPDATE!

Finally some words from the dealer. Injectors tested fine, they are going back to test the HPFP again. So really they have no idea what the issue is with my truck. There is signs of wear on the push rods.... ... I asked them how do the lifter and cam look as rods are wore other parts will be also. Still waiting for that response.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Time for a new engine pump and injectors. Start fresh but I think your down that path

Dinky503

Reaction score
Time for a new engine pump and injectors. Start fresh but I think your down that path

sounds like a new truck lol. i am thinking the same thing, DPF again and everything else needs replaced as well. The truck wont stop regening on top of fuel dilution. Realistically they should buy my truck back and send it to manufacture for complete testing since its a head scratcher.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
sounds like a new truck lol. i am thinking the same thing, DPF again and everything else needs replaced as well. The truck wont stop regening on top of fuel dilution. Realistically they should buy my truck back and send it to manufacture for complete testing since its a head scratcher.
I’d actually agree with you whole heartedly. I’ve seen companies buyback for far less. Doesn’t Ram have a buy back dept?

It’s far more than just an emissions issue, that would be easier… If this was my truck and it was an “emissions only” issue, the thing would have been deleted by now. You got a lot more than that unfortunately

Dinky503

Reaction score
I’d actually agree with you whole heartedly. I’ve seen companies buyback for far less. Doesn’t Ram have a buy back dept?

It’s far more than just an emissions issue, that would be easier… If this was my truck and it was an “emissions only” issue, the thing would have been deleted by now. You got a lot more than that unfortunately

@RamCares Denied the buy back said there wasn't enough there. The whole process with Ram is a Joke really, $75k truck and they just don't give a crap what happens to their customers. I knew it was more than just emissions or i would lose some weight as well.

Last edited:

Enve46

Reaction score
@RamCares Denied the buy back said there wasn't enough there. The whole process with Ram is a Joke really, $75k truck and they just don't give a crap what happens to their customers. I knew it was more than just emissions or i would lose some weight as well.
The ****ty thing is we shouldn’t have to delete this **** that’s it designed to work with in the first place. However you have more issues than that as discussed. If Ram doesn’t buy this truck back I’d be finding out what your next line of recourse is. A new engine will put this repair out I’m guessing another month maybe two.

Dinky503

Reaction score
The ****ty thing is we shouldn’t have to delete this **** that’s it designed to work with in the first place. However you have more issues than that as discussed. If Ram doesn’t buy this truck back I’d be finding out what your next line of recourse is. A new engine will put this repair out I’m guessing another month maybe two.

New engine with labor has to touch $30k would i imagine. Yeah it's a bunch garbage new truck and can't even make it to end of warranty without thinking I need to delete this to get full life. I don't know what their next steps are but I think I'll be emailing the attorney general next and possibly the epa.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
New engine with labor has to touch $30k would i imagine. Yeah it's a bunch garbage new truck and can't even make it to end of warranty without thinking I need to delete this to get full life. I don't know what their next steps are but I think I'll be emailing the attorney general next and possibly the epa.
I bet you couldn’t touch a full engine replacement for $30k at the dealer. Had a good friend of mine pump 2 gallons of DEF into his fuel tank and try to drive it home. Made it half way before the truck shut down. Had to have it towed. The dealership did all the repair work. The entire fuel system front to back has to be replaced when DEF is run through the fuel system. That was a $27,000 mistake. A complete crate engine from Ram is likely far more, and will absolutely take months upon months to acquire.

Dinky503

Reaction score
I bet you couldn’t touch a full engine replacement for $30k at the dealer. Had a good friend of mine pump 2 gallons of DEF into his fuel tank and try to drive it home. Made it half way before the truck shut down. Had to have it towed. The dealership did all the repair work. The entire fuel system front to back has to be replaced when DEF is run through the fuel system. That was a $27,000 mistake. A complete crate engine from Ram is likely far more, and will absolutely take months upon months to acquire.

Ouch yeah I know it's not a cheap fix. The entire intake and emissions stuff will need to be replaced as well. The amount of fuel dilution ruined a lot.

Enve46

Reaction score
Ouch yeah I know it's not a cheap fix. The entire intake and emissions stuff will need to be replaced as well. The amount of fuel dilution ruined a lot.
Yea there’s no point in replacing that stuff. They need to replace the entire truck at this point.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello, thank you for tagging us and making us aware of this situation. If you would like us to review, please send us a PM with your case number or the last eight characters of the VIN.

Yenori
Ram Cares

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Hello, thank you for tagging us and making us aware of this situation. If you would like us to review, please send us a PM with your case number or the last eight characters of the VIN.

Yenori
Ram Cares
Sig should say RamdoesntCares—

No Beeping door chime user fix, no buyback for a truck with serious issues <30 day stay at dealer….etc.

Dinky503

Reaction score

Yenori
Ram Cares

Yeah no i am not PMing you. Just tagged you to tell you Ram care is a joke. Contact Mattew in customer care he knows all about my case, he is also aware of this thread as well.

Dinky503

Reaction score

Yenori
Ram Cares

We are on week 10 BTW. 70days without a $75k truck that's paid for.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Sig should say RamdoesntCares—

No Beeping door chime user fix, no buyback for a truck with serious issues <30 day stay at dealer….etc.
We're sorry to hear you feel this way, if you change your mind and decide to seek out our assistance, please feel free to send us a PM with your case number so we can review.

Yenori
Ram Cares

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Yeah no i am not PMing you. Just tagged you to tell you Ram care is a joke. Contact Mattew in customer care he knows all about my case, he is also aware of this thread as well.
We're sorry to hear you feel this way, if you change your mind and decide to seek out our assistance, please feel free to send us a PM with your case number or VIN so we can review.

Yenori
Ram Cares

Dinky503

Reaction score
We're sorry to hear you feel this way, if you change your mind and decide to seek out our assistance, please feel free to send us a PM with your case number or VIN so we can review.

Yenori
Ram Cares

Seems like a Bot response are you even a real person?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Members please keep in mind that Ramcares has a presence on this forum in order to assist members with issues with their vehicles. They can not and will not actively participate in general conversation in these threads as their business is conducted privately between customers. It is the customers (members) responsibility to reach out to them in order to seek assistance. Tagging them for the purpose of bashing or criticizing them is improper use of the forum and is unacceptable. They are not to be singled out or bashed. Doing so is counterproductive to the mission of this forum, and will not serve any practical purpose. We are all here to share information and experiences. Please do so in a polite and respectful manner. If you fail to do so, you may find yourself banned. Any questions, please feel free to reach out to me, or one of the other admin / moderator members here. Please keep all further communication in this thread respectful and productive.

Users who are viewing this thread