Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much oil and poor dealer help

firemansdiesel

Reaction score
I can attest to Ramcares on here. I don’t know if they have multiple people under the Ramcare signature, but twice I reached out with Ramcares on here. Both were for recalls that my dealer was being lazy with. Within two weeks of both messgages to Ramcare. I had a phone call from my dealer for appointment. Apparently regional manager got involved and all sudden parts were available at my dealer.

Dinky503

Reaction score
I can attest to Ramcares on here. I don’t know if they have multiple people under the Ramcare signature, but twice I reached out with Ramcares on here. Both were for recalls that my dealer was being lazy with. Within two weeks of both messgages to Ramcare. I had a phone call from my dealer for appointment. Apparently regional manager got involved and all sudden parts were available at my dealer.

Read back to page 2.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Members please keep in mind that Ramcares has a presence on this forum in order to assist members with issues with their vehicles. They can not and will not actively participate in general conversation in these threads as their business is conducted privately between customers. It is the customers (members) responsibility to reach out to them in order to seek assistance. Tagging them for the purpose of bashing or criticizing them is improper use of the forum and is unacceptable. They are not to be singled out or bashed. Doing so is counterproductive to the mission of this forum, and will not serve any practical purpose. We are all here to share information and experiences. Please do so in a polite and respectful manner. If you fail to do so, you may find yourself banned. Any questions, please feel free to reach out to me, or one of the other admin / moderator members here. Please keep all further communication in this thread respectful and productive.

Spot on.

Perhaps some members need to review the site rules again. Relevant section below.

Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated! We welcome all discussions and understand everyone might not see eye to eye but keep it civil.
  1. Educate, Don't Irritate (trolling)
  2. Few enjoy posts that offer little or no information, contains emotion at the expense of reason, or attacks another person. Trolling will not be tolerated.

We're all concerned for the OP and his plight - it could be any one of us some day. That doesn't excuse bad behavior. Be the better man.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I think you should try the PM and screenshot all the responses. I bet it will be a waste but you might be surprised who knows. Maybe post it as a positive or negative experience?

Have you ever tried reaching out to corporate via Facebook or IG? A lot of companies it works wonders on their personal corp pages.
Seems like a Bot response are you even a real person?

Dinky503

Reaction score
Spot on.

Perhaps some members need to review the site rules again. Relevant section below.

Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated! We welcome all discussions and understand everyone might not see eye to eye but keep it civil.
  1. Educate, Don't Irritate (trolling)
  2. Few enjoy posts that offer little or no information, contains emotion at the expense of reason, or attacks another person. Trolling will not be tolerated.

We're all concerned for the OP and his plight - it could be any one of us some day. That doesn't excuse bad behavior. Be the better man.

I will apologize for the out burst and not keeping it clean. It's just a common response from them and then the door shut with nothing happening. After being a business owner and dealing with issues like this myself, it's frustrating. Nothing you can do but deal with a broken truck for 10weeks and nothing happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

Dinky503

Reaction score
I think you should try the PM and screenshot all the responses. I bet it will be a waste but you might be surprised who knows. Maybe post it as a positive or negative experience?

Have you ever tried reaching out to corporate via Facebook or IG? A lot of companies it works wonders on their personal corp pages.

I've contacted them multiple ways it's a dead end every way.

Reactions: jak

oledirteh

Reaction score
my gf's hyndai santa fe dropped a valve and destroyed the motor. Not only are they giving her a new motor, while its down she got a 2024 version of her car to drive.

warranty was approved in under 3 days as well. Ram/dodge has always been agasint the customer it seems to me. ive had a trans code since about 40k miles and recently went ot have it looked at and they claimed my truck is tuned cause i did the heater grid delete :|

BamaOEF

Reaction score
Here is a similar Stellantis Quality issue. I have been following a couple of creators on YouTube lately. (OCMotivator, TK's Garage, and Butter da Insider) They mostly cover Dodge issues, sales, quality, pricing, etc. Lots of horror stories. The latest involves a guy who purchased a new Scat Pack Challenger in Az. The Robot did not apply the adhesive between the body panels during assy. Dodge wanted to repair it at a body shop, which involved disassembling the whole rear of the car and would take months. This is a new car! Anyway, these guys blasted it to the world and now the CEO of Dodge has stated that Dodge will buy the car back. Supposedly Dodge refused to buy it back before all of the negative publicity. I am sure there are others out there with the same issue. Can't imagine this would affect only 1 car.

oledirteh

Reaction score
Here is a similar Stellantis Quality issue. I have been following a couple of creators on YouTube lately. (OCMotivator, TK's Garage, and Butter da Insider) They mostly cover Dodge issues, sales, quality, pricing, etc. Lots of horror stories. The latest involves a guy who purchased a new Scat Pack Challenger in Az. The Robot did not apply the adhesive between the body panels during assy. Dodge wanted to repair it at a body shop, which involved disassembling the whole rear of the car and would take months. This is a new car! Anyway, these guys blasted it to the world and now the CEO of Dodge has stated that Dodge will buy the car back. Supposedly Dodge refused to buy it back before all of the negative publicity. I am sure there are others out there with the same issue. Can't imagine this would affect only 1 car.
sad part is that unless you have a platform they will poo poo on you. until you can broadcast the problem to a million subs its just a battle

Units

Reaction score
Nothing at all. No reply from dealer and very little from Ram care.
So this time, it’s been at the dealership for about a month with no word? That’s strange. I assume you have tried reaching out to them?

Dinky503

Reaction score
So this time, it’s been at the dealership for about a month with no word? That’s strange. I assume you have tried reaching out to them?

Been at the dealer 13 weeks. Yep numerous emails and calls. Everyone acts like it's no big deal.

Enve46

Reaction score
Yeah I know a few people with Ford's that are out a lot longer with issues. It sucks the consumers hands are tied and no real repercussions for manufacturers. The only thing would be a lawsuit but that cost a lot more than the average person has.
Sounds like a buy back is in need here. Have you considered any of those options?

Sam 15

Reaction score
Ram denied the buy back. Looking at other routes now.
That's no suprise. If they can get away with telling you no on the buy back it saves them money. Just like an insurance company will tell you no on a claim. They hope you accept their answer and go away. Continueing to have warranty work done is cheaper that a buy back (in other words lemon law) as they cannot resell a lemon law vehicle. There is certain critiera needed to lemon law a vehicle. You may have already met that critiera. Consult a lemon law attorney. They're out there and specialize in lemon law vehicles. There is usually no charge as the attorney will bill the manufacturer for their time. This is what I had to do on a ford truck I bought years ago with problems that were not fixed after several attempts at the dealer under warranty.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
That's no suprise. If they can get away with telling you no on the buy back it saves them money. Just like an insurance company will tell you no on a claim. They hope you accept their answer and go away. Continueing to have warranty work done is cheaper that a buy back (in other words lemon law) as they cannot resell a lemon law vehicle. There is certain critiera needed to lemon law a vehicle. You may have already met that critiera. Consult a lemon law attorney. They're out there and specialize in lemon law vehicles. There is usually no charge as the attorney will bill the manufacturer for their time. This is what I had to do on a ford truck I bought years ago with problems that were not fixed after several attempts at the dealer under warranty.

He doesn’t qualify for the lemon law.

Ironically, a buyback doesn’t get flagged as a lemon. That’s why the manufacturers go with these vs lemon laws. Buy backs are fairly common m. My father-in-law had an issue with his GMC Sierra word had the lifter problem. They fixed it. It worked fine, but he was still worried that it would be an ongoing issue and GM happily bought it back for almost every dollar he paid for the thing minus like maybe 1000 bucks. I’m surprised Ram is fighting this owner so hard. I’d be blowing this up on social media and tagging Stellantis- that seems to be the only way to gain traction today is bad publicity in a social media centric world…

Dinky503

Reaction score
He doesn’t qualify for the lemon law.

Ironically, a buyback doesn’t get flagged as a lemon. That’s why the manufacturers go with these vs lemon laws. Buy backs are fairly common m. My father-in-law had an issue with his GMC Sierra word had the lifter problem. They fixed it. It worked fine, but he was still worried that it would be an ongoing issue and GM happily bought it back for almost every dollar he paid for the thing minus like maybe 1000 bucks. I’m surprised Ram is fighting this owner so hard. I’d be blowing this up on social media and tagging Stellantis- that seems to be the only way to gain traction today is bad publicity in a social media centric world…

Actually I do for federal guidelines. If they can not fix the issues within 8 weeks it is lemon.

Users who are viewing this thread