Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To tip or not to tip? That is the question.

Parkerlouis13

Reaction score
I'm debating if I should install an exhaust tip on my 19 2500 6.7. I measured the pipe and it looks like it measured at 4.5 inches OD. Am I measuring wrong? Anyone else put a tip on there exhaust pipe and regret it after hacking off a piece? Any pictures would be appreciated! Can be chrome or black. Thank in advance

Squatch

Reaction score
I’ve always liked the look of a straight pipe coming out of there, more industrial in my opinion, especially when it is a straight piped Cummins. But I think I’m in the minority there.

Parkerlouis13

Reaction score
I’ve always liked the look of a straight pipe coming out of there, more industrial in my opinion, especially when it is a straight piped Cummins. But I think I’m in the minority there.
I always have the mod bug itch and this is something I thought about the other day.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I just got my 20 3500 drw build I took ownership of a wk ago and I ordered the mopar chrome tip, wich should be here hopefully by the end of the wk

@JC

Reaction score
I'm actually going to have my local shop pull the silencer off and matte black the whole thing to the tip.

Parkerlouis13

Reaction score
I just got my 20 3500 drw build I took ownership of a wk ago and I ordered the mopar chrome tip, wich should be here hopefully by the end of the wk
Do you also have to cut the tailpipe in order for the Mopar tip to fit correctly?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Do you also have to cut the tailpipe in order for the Mopar tip to fit correctly?
according to the write up, the new tip just slides over existing oem factory pipe an you adjust it as far in our out as you like. It just suggests to at least have it stick out a couple inches further than original, wich to me is one of those duh moments. If it doesn't do what they described, I will return it

Parkerlouis13

Reaction score
according to the write up, the new tip just slides over existing oem factory pipe an you adjust it as far in our out as you like. It just suggests to at least have it stick out a couple inches further than original, wich to me is one of those duh moments. If it doesn't do what they described, I will return it
I'll have to take a look at one. Thanks

LamboTexas

Reaction score
I like the chrome Mopar tip. Tough to keep clean

Attachments

• B560172D-74CC-47F3-99A9-163276527F9B.jpeg
    B560172D-74CC-47F3-99A9-163276527F9B.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 111

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
You know what will match that chrome exhaust tip Rich...chrome tow hooks on the front of that sweet new ride !!! I’m just messing with him. As I said in other posts on here you can always take off what you put on. It’s your taste, live a little and spruce it up.

SeaBee-1

Reaction score
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread