Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank for Megacab

Nick

Reaction score
My 14 was a Mega cab . I had a 50 gal Transfer Flow in it towing a 5th wheel . No problems .I think the Titan is only 19 " wide . should go in easily. My Son installed mine but I checked around and it is about 400 to i install. Got my tank online it was cheaper then the factory website by 200 dollars. Got it for 1100 with free shipping . As shown in the picture I had the pump and filter mounted in the bed . Laying on the ground messing with them was not my idea of fun. Titan has a list of authorized facilities to install them .

switz

Reaction score
when I am hauling my trailer I get about 320 miles per tank but I’ll cover up to 1k miles a day. Having to fuel up with a 28’+ trailer is a bit of a PITA and being conscious of good and bad fuel locations, it means I’ll often be getting fuel with 75 miles left in the tank. I could put an aux tank in when I am on the receiver hitch or gooseneck, but if I put my 5th wheel in then I am limited in size. I also need to be able to fuel my tractor so a transfer tank has added benefit. However, I really like the Titan replacement tank option but am worried about getting the truck flashed to reflect the larger tank and this truck is new, so I don’t want any warranty issues. If you use an aftermarket OBD tool, do dealer visits revert the computer back to factory settings?
I have been to the dealer and have had no issues. They can't void your warranty for just changing the DTE with AlphaOBD. I have no regrets about the Titan tank and like you, wanted more miles than I can drive in a day out of a tank of gas. And, if they somehow revert the truck settings back, just do it over again.

20Limited3500

Reaction score
I have a 55 gal Titan tank in my garage. Just waiting on time to put it in. Have everything else needed to reconfigure the DTE. Can't wait to get more range, especially when hauling our slide in camper.

Mykwong

Reaction score
I'm having the Titan 50 Gallon being installed in my MC 3500 today. The range is going to be great!

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I had my 55 gallon installed as I did something to my shoulder and wanted it in before a trip. best guess was that it had 8 gallons in it when I picked it up.

Folks have said they adjusted the fuel volume for the MTE to be closer. I will be able to test the guage increments on a 450 mile trip coming up.

Nick

Reaction score
I never adjusted anything . IT PUMPS 5 GAL when I compare the tank amounts it is pretty much right on .

RV_Goose

Reaction score
When I got my truck back from the shop, we discussed it and figured it probably had 8 gallons in it then. So I drove to get fuel. for a 55 gallon tank, I figured 1/4 was 13.75 gallons. My guage was registering 1/8 tank when I started. I left the truck running while I fueled up to watch the fuel guage. I put in 5 gallons and it read just over 1/4. when I put in about 17 gallons, it registered just over 1/2. I put in 45 gallons total and the guage was slightly above full. I put in a total of 45 gallons when it click off. So I am assuming that 10 gallons wasreally in the tank. I will have a 130 mile drive tonight so I will be able to do some testing as the fuel guage will drop some. But I should only use about 8 gallons on that trip as I will not be towing.

My trip next week pulling the camper will provide some verification. I intend to stop at 1/2 tank and refuel. Hoping that I will fill up with 27-28 gallons after traveling about 245 miles. Planning on 9 mpg while towing.

BAT3500

Reaction score
I had the titan tank installed on 2020 ram a couple of months ago. Great for towing, very happy with purchase. I purchased a bypass cable and the alphaod program but couldt where to change the tank size in the program. Can someone point me to right menu?

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I had the titan tank installed on 2020 ram a couple of months ago. Great for towing, very happy with purchase. I purchased a bypass cable and the alphaod program but couldt where to change the tank size in the program. Can someone point me to right menu?
Me also. Hoping to have time this week to play with the AlphaODB and update to the 50 gallon stock tank settings.

I just took a trip with the Titan installed. At 1/4 tank on the guage, I have 15 gallons remaining of the 55. At half tank on the guage, I put in 32 gallons. I did not verify at 3/4 tank. Thistanks allows a range of 500+ miles pulling 5th wheel camper.

BAT3500

Reaction score
After a few trips towing i am guessing that my range is near the 425-450 mile mark towing my fifth wheel. Much improved over the stock tank range. Should be rare that I will have to stop enroute to refuel for my usual destinations.

Capt. Derek

Reaction score
Anyone have the Titan 50 gallon tank installed in their Megacab? I was thinking about doing this to get some extra range while towing. If anyone has it - any issues? Also, if you don't mind sharing what was the total cost of the tank + install? Thanks!
Mine came with factory 50 gallon, why aftermarket, is there something wrong with the factory one I should now about?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine came with factory 50 gallon, why aftermarket, is there something wrong with the factory one I should now about?
It wasn't an option previously...

It still isn't an option in the Mega, which is what the thread is about.

CCLB 169.5" is the only wheelbase it's offered in pickups.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I bought my truck off the lot. It had the 32 gallon fuel tank and not the 50 gallon. Once I figured that the 32 gallon only allowed 200 miles pulling the camper, I decided to go with the Titan 55 gallon. I can now make more tourist stops and less fuel stops are required.

20Limited3500

Reaction score
When I bought my truck in April ( I was considered an essential employee at the time), I had to chose from whatever was on the lot at the time. Couldn't find anything local to me that came with the factory 50 gallon tank. Otherwise I would have gone that route.

gonup2

Reaction score
i had a 50 gallon under bed titan put in my f 350 super duty and think thats one thing i ever did. when i went to 37 inch tire it killed the mileage to about 350 miles give or take and now it will show 700, probably go 600? safely. but stopping for gas every 350 is a pain in the butt carry it to a ford dealer and they re flashed it for nothing and it worked great. just bought a 2020 power wagon and thinking of doing again. it was about $2000 dollar at four wheel parts installed

Users who are viewing this thread