Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ticking. Fan Cluch? Pulley? Belt?

johnsmith101

Reaction score
I have the same noise, not present right at startup, but comes on as things get moving for a bit.

Regards,

[mod edit: removed spammy looking URL's]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cummins3

Reaction score
That's bs not all the trucks do it and mine is intermittent. Something is causing it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mrandersuun

Reaction score
Well, let us know if you take it in and find anything out! I had my truck a week before i took it in for the noise. they kept it 2 weeks and that was their conclusion.

D

Deleted member 80

That is A LOAD OF DUNG. They don't all do that. Ram and Cummins have screwed the pooch on this new design, and better get on the stick. The old reliable 5.9 kept Dodge in business, and they seem to have gotten too big for their damn britches, now.

Aketay

Reaction score
I killed my active noise cancellation and get to hear all the new noises this engine makes compared to my 2016. And boy does it . The intermittent noise in the first start of the day sounds like the above clips. It happens to mine when it is doing a regen. The exhaust drone when it decides it doesn’t need to downshift going up a gradual grade. The flappers on the back of the cab when I have a crosswind pulling a fifth wheel camper. The cab shake noise when I roll sharp edged bumps. And the hits keep coming. But as a work truck, I love the way this one makes me money.

mrandersuun

Reaction score
I killed my active noise cancellation and get to hear all the new noises this engine makes compared to my 2016. And boy does it . The intermittent noise in the first start of the day sounds like the above clips. It happens to mine when it is doing a regen. The exhaust drone when it decides it doesn’t need to downshift going up a gradual grade. The flappers on the back of the cab when I have a crosswind pulling a fifth wheel camper. The cab shake noise when I roll sharp edged bumps. And the hits keep coming. But as a work truck, I love the way this one makes me money.
How do you turn off the noise cancelation??

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have this same noise - my truck was at the dealer for 2 days - Dodge Engineers came back and said it s the CP4 - working as designed??

2019 3500 SRW CTD HO with AISIN

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Mine doesn't do that (Feb 2020 build). That sounds like a crap pulley. EGR my foot I know an unbalanced rotational assembly sound when I hear it.

Mine does however have a high pitched whine like a gear drive sound that matches throttle input though lol. I suppose at least one weird sound is required on these trucks. Just blame everything on the CP4 and try to get a new revision pump out of 'em.

And RAMCares, if you are following, please be so kind as to recommend ALL 19-20 trucks prior to July build get the new CP4 revised cam pump that all the current trucks went to. Don't leave us out in the dark and hope it goes away. That's too GM'y. You're RAM. You're better than that. Save your Cummins reputation while you still can and put this controversy to bed. ;)

Cummins3

Reaction score
So changed out my tensioner and belt with gates..... As of now no noise.... The stock tensioner denso I think is garbage.... Let's see if it stays gone

Users who are viewing this thread