Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thuren V2 Boogie Bumps

Scooter29

Reaction score
Installed Thurens new Front Boogie Bumps, these are their own not the Sumos. I had the Sumos from them before but did not like how they almost touched the axle at ride height. It meant any bump it was engaging them and felt harsh.

The new V2 Boogie Bumps are a little shorter this more space before contact. I only have Thuren .5” coils so axle to bump stop space is smaller than most with the taller springs. Little test and they feel good, softens the bottom outs for sure over the stock hard rubber ones. Last Picture is the old Sumo for comparison.

index.php
IMG_9769.jpegIMG_9775.jpegIMG_7325.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9763.jpeg
    IMG_9763.jpeg
    703.3 KB · Views: 200

deanfx

Reaction score
Hope they work out for ya. I installed them because I'm a Thuren fan and they definitely can't hurt to have them.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Those look good with your springs.

It looks like I’d have the same issue with them and stock springs that you had with the sumo’s and the 0.5” springs. Nice to have options.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Hope they work out for ya. I installed them because I'm a Thuren fan and they definitely can't hurt to have them.
So far they are great and I’m also a Thuren fan so besides the carli add a pack I’ve got all Thuren suspension products. Future plans are the 2.5” Fox shocks and possibly full leafs depending on how their new load control Boogie bumps work out.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Those look good with your springs.

It looks like I’d have the same issue with them and stock springs that you had with the sumo’s and the 0.5” springs. Nice to have options.
Thanks, I’m happy with the spacing I have with these as the Sumo version were too long and engaged way too soon for my needs.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
HMMMM. I wasn't tempted when I saw the product page, but seeing them side by side has me tempted to try them at some point. While I rarely kiss my sumos at 2.75", I wouldn't mind having just a bit more travel before they engage for one particular water crossing after the rain washes it out. I could slow down, but whats the fun in that when you're running empty - I paid for the suspension, I'm gonna use it lol.

Scooter29

Reaction score
You might as well ha, gotta have all the pieces to the puzzle. I’m really tempted to swap my springs for 1.75” springs to Gail some up travel but I really don’t want the truck much higher and it sits nice now with the 1” I got from the front coils and 1” from the carli add a pack.

batman900

Reaction score
My 2500 is stock ride height and these V2 sit near the axel like your Sumos did, closer on the passenger side than the driver. Won't get a chance to try them out until tomorrow but I'm hoping the soft engagement means I won't need to lift. I didn't bottom out often but it does happen occasionally. No doubt these will be kissing the axel much more often than the stock bumps. Side note, I was able to get them on without removing the wheels but it was a pita lol.

Last edited:

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
You might as well ha, gotta have all the pieces to the puzzle. I’m really tempted to swap my springs for 1.75” springs to Gail some up travel but I really don’t want the truck much higher and it sits nice now with the 1” I got from the front coils and 1” from the carli add a pack.

Yea my trucks already on the verge of being too tall - When I get the jack out of the bed I'm cursing and bitching about having to use my bed step lol. This year I'll be making some minor changes to my "compromise build" skewed more towards towing since we're going to be doing a lot more RV camping longer distances and a lot less just going to the lake, park, etc with the bed loaded up and a cooler using its offroad capability to get to the "good spots".

Probably gonna toss the V2 boogies upfront when I add bags/cradles to the rear, do the metalcloak rear control arms instead of the thuren kit (I just can't justify the costs and I really like how the duroflex bushings soak up alot of NVH on the hwy upfront), and the PW antihop bracket with a 5100 antihop shock (Yea I know it's a "bandaid", but one that seemingly works well enough). If we ever decide to step up a 5ver I'll get a DRW and turn this 2500 into a pure off road toy/ultra cushy DD - Until then I'm gonna sacrifice a little bit to skew it more towards tow pig duties. So much so that I'm even tempted to swap to 285/75R18 AT4W's so I can carry an aired down full sized spare under the bed.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Yea my trucks already on the verge of being too tall - When I get the jack out of the bed I'm cursing and bitching about having to use my bed step lol. This year I'll be making some minor changes to my "compromise build" skewed more towards towing since we're going to be doing a lot more RV camping longer distances and a lot less just going to the lake, park, etc with the bed loaded up and a cooler using its offroad capability to get to the "good spots".

Probably gonna toss the V2 boogies upfront when I add bags/cradles to the rear, do the metalcloak rear control arms instead of the thuren kit (I just can't justify the costs and I really like how the duroflex bushings soak up alot of NVH on the hwy upfront), and the PW antihop bracket with a 5100 antihop shock (Yea I know it's a "bandaid", but one that seemingly works well enough). If we ever decide to step up a 5ver I'll get a DRW and turn this 2500 into a pure off road toy/ultra cushy DD - Until then I'm gonna sacrifice a little bit to skew it more towards tow pig duties. So much so that I'm even tempted to swap to 285/75R18 AT4W's so I can carry an aired down full sized spare under the bed.
I hear ya, my truck is primarily for toying the toyhualer and using it for long road trips because of the room. So trying to find the right balance of I want to off road a little and jump the occasional railroad tracks and tow comfortably also.

I may go 1.75” springs upfront and then raise the rear with a 1” or less block as needed. Future may be Thuren leafs but I don’t know if I want to go carli long travel bags, add daystar cradles to my timber grove bags, or see how Thurens new load control boogie bumps work out. Too many dam options but tire wise I plan on 295/65/20.

batman900

Reaction score
First daily drive on stock height with these up front. Being so close to the axel they engage a lot on my rough small town roads. Its a firm, controlled engagement, not harsh at all and greatly improved the handling. I was worried after installing them because it's about 1/3 inch from the axel on the passenger side and 1/2 on the drivers. I already have Fox 2.0 but adding these feels like I have a larger shock now. Highway felt the same naturally since it's just small bumps and pot holes. The truck doesn't feel so heavy in the front anymore. No complaints and I hope they hold up with all the use they will experience since I don't plan on lifting.

Scooter29

Reaction score
First daily drive on stock height with these up front. Being so close to the axel they engage a lot on my rough small town roads. Its a firm, controlled engagement, not harsh at all and greatly improved the handling. I was worried after installing them because it's about 1/3 inch from the axel on the passenger side and 1/2 on the drivers. I already have Fox 2.0 but adding these feels like I have a larger shock now. Highway felt the same naturally since it's just small bumps and pot holes. The truck doesn't feel so heavy in the front anymore. No complaints and I hope they hold up with all the use they will experience since I don't plan on lifting.
Glad they worked out for you, the sumos you definitely wouldn’t have like as they are longer. The space I have with my .5” Thuren coils is a good balance but I’d like just a little more up travel before engaging the bumps. But the bumps definitely are a smoother engagement than the stock rubber ones.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad they worked out for you, the sumos you definitely wouldn’t have like as they are longer. The space I have with my .5” Thuren coils is a good balance but I’d like just a little more up travel before engaging the bumps. But the bumps definitely are a smoother engagement than the stock rubber ones.

Actually with the longer sumo’s and stock springs there is no harsh engagement, just smooth all the time. This is even true on back roads where the truck is surly coming off the sumo’s and impacting them again. Much smoother than stock.

I don’t have the V2’s to compare, but based on all that I’ve read the sumo’s seem to be the better ride on stock height trucks.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Actually with the longer sumo’s and stock springs there is no harsh engagement, just smooth all the time. This is even true on back roads where the truck is surly coming off the sumo’s and impacting them again. Much smoother than stock.

I don’t have the V2’s to compare, but based on all that I’ve read the sumo’s seem to be the better ride on stock height trucks.
Makes sense as you don’t feel them engage as they are always engaged essentially at stock height.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Makes sense as you don’t feel them engage as they are always engaged essentially at stock height.

Correct, I don’t think enough engagement for any increase in ride height but enough to negate the feeling of impact.

Users who are viewing this thread