Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thuren rear track bar install

Trooper

Reaction score
I have read good things about this product but have questions:
I have a 2019 Power Wagon, stock suspension, 35” tires.
1) It sounds like this product fixes bad suspension geometry from the factory design? Is that accurate? Or is this product really just designed for lifted trucks?
2) Will this product make an appreciable difference on my truck, or is it more applicable to trucks with aftermarket lifts?
3) Will this product negatively affect performance offroad?
4) Is the “wag” people are describing when you hit a bump/expansion gap on the highway and the whole truck does some weird, uncomfortable shimmy?
Mine is 2500 CTD, I added the rear track bar and definitely found the ride much better, more on highway speeds and worth the time and money.

RPS1030

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Thuren rear track bar
Similar, it had a axle side bracket that moves the mount up a couple inches, but the bar is also 6.5” longer than stock. This increases the radius of the suspension travel reducing the side to side movement of the rear axle thru the travel.

Fishnerd

Reaction score
I have read good things about this product but have questions:
I have a 2019 Power Wagon, stock suspension, 35” tires
4) Is the “wag” people are describing when you hit a bump/expansion gap on the highway and the whole truck does some weird, uncomfortable shimmy?
Im hoping it fixes 4). I have a similar setup as you stock suspension,35’s, etc. Occasionally when taking sweeping curves it feels like the back end of truck is straying from my lane (pulling away from me) its the best i can describe it. Definitely not the best feeling in the world especially in tight lanes and cars on either side. I just placed an order for the rear track bar, fingers crossed that it solves it.

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Im hoping it fixes 4). I have a similar setup as you stock suspension,35’s, etc. Occasionally when taking sweeping curves it feels like the back end of truck is straying from my lane (pulling away from me) its the best i can describe it. Definitely not the best feeling in the world especially in tight lanes and cars on either side. I just placed an order for the rear track bar, fingers crossed that it solves it.

Back to the drawing board…after I had placed my order I went out and took a peek underneath the truck and remembered i crammed a 35in spare there. The OEM track bar is ground flat and avoids the spare (barely). The thuren track bar doesnt incorporate the flat side so figured there would be potential for the trackbar to contact the spare tire. I contacted thuren and they advised that there have been some customers that have experienced it (rubbed the coating off due to contact with the spare). For those of you running the track bar are you running larger spare tires? I canceled the order just in case.

jabartram

Reaction score
Back to the drawing board…after I had placed my order I went out and took a peek underneath the truck and remembered i crammed a 35in spare there. The OEM track bar is ground flat and avoids the spare (barely). The thuren track bar doesnt incorporate the flat side so figured there would be potential for the trackbar to contact the spare tire. I contacted thuren and they advised that there have been some customers that have experienced it (rubbed the coating off due to contact with the spare). For those of you running the track bar are you running larger spare tires? I canceled the order just in case.
I have a 35inch spare and my thuren tracbar fits fine.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Fishnerd

Reaction score

Thanks that gives me more hope, I really want to fix that drifting issue. Is the heat shield still on as well? And is the diameter of the thuren bar the same as the round section of the oem? I have some space if its the same size but would be cutting it close.

jabartram

Reaction score

A couple of pictures to show.
93ed32610ed0b22b11ac12d3d28c153b.jpg
825e140bb9ef3d9f90d403974e3eeebc.jpg

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Same here. I have a Falken 315-70/17 deflated under the truck with the Thuren rear trackbar and no issues.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Oh perfect!! I have the BFG KO2 in the same size and I think they run smaller. Maybe the clearance is deceiving and i have more space than it looks. Thank you all for the confirmation gives me more confidence to reorder.

Ocxd

Reaction score
Took me about 3 hours total. It’s a bear. Strap for rear tailpipe a must if you have the Hemi and a resonator back there. Resonator gets in the way of the bolt. Otherwise eat your wheaties because drilling the bottom holes ain’t easy. To line it up I had to backtrack and loosen a few of the bolts, then retightned again in the order recommended.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Looking at installing the rear tracbar as well. Does anyone know if it will help with my fifth wheel sway. I’m running 35’s, have airbags, and never had sway with my 2nd gen truck. 5er is balanced real well and sits level with the new truck yet I have enough sway that I don’t like it.

waveslayer

Reaction score
Looking at installing the rear tracbar as well. Does anyone know if it will help with my fifth wheel sway. I’m running 35’s, have airbags, and never had sway with my 2nd gen truck. 5er is balanced real well and sits level with the new truck yet I have enough sway that I don’t like it.
Yes!!! It completely changed my truck. I hated it to the point I was selling it! Replaced the rear track bar and daily driving and towing sway all gone

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Yes!!! It completely changed my truck. I hated it to the point I was selling it! Replaced the rear track bar and daily driving and towing sway all gone

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I’ll be ordering a rear sway bar asap.

Cloudx92

Reaction score
Feedback from other people says to use a ratchet strap to get it lined up.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
im having issues lining up the trackbar with the bracket currently; its off by 2mm from being seated properly; could i use a ratchet strap to pull it into the hole properly?

Wobly

Reaction score
im having issues lining up the trackbar with the bracket currently; its off by 2mm from being seated properly; could i use a ratchet strap to pull it into the hole properly?
I had to use a ratchet strap to pull everything into alignment and get the bolt in.

Fishnerd

Reaction score
I used a a jack on opposite end of axle and it made it easy to line up.

Cloudx92

Reaction score
so either a rachet strap or a jack tilting the axel in the direction i need it to go should work? so if im trying to put a bolt in the drivers side mount hole do i jack that side up?

Fishnerd

Reaction score
so either a rachet strap or a jack tilting the axel in the direction i need it to go should work? so if im trying to put a bolt in the drivers side mount hole do i jack that side up?
No you jack opposite, so passenger side.

Users who are viewing this thread