Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible Towing pics thread

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I saw 3 or 4 trains of them just outside St. Louis earlier this week. At least one of the tow vehicles looked like it had been totaled in an accident. I'd get busted if I tried anything like that but apparently they can do anything they want.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
5 of those Mexican tow trains pulled in the rest area truck parking beside me just south of Denver. Junky looking cars and old pickups full of bicycles and washing machines. I was in my motorhome with a car in tow. They jumped out and went to wrenching trying to keep the clunkers together. The truckers on the CB were complaining because there was no parking in the rest area. The state patrol came in to run them out and they jumped in the tow vehicles and took off. The one beside me would not crank so the driver jumped in the towed vehicle and started pushing the other one. Then he jumped out and ran to the lead car and jerked it into gear and cranked it and down the road he went. It was funny because he almost couldn't catch up with the lead car.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
5 of those Mexican tow trains pulled in the rest area truck parking beside me just south of Denver. Junky looking cars and old pickups full of bicycles and washing machines. I was in my motorhome with a car in tow. They jumped out and went to wrenching trying to keep the clunkers together. The truckers on the CB were complaining because there was no parking in the rest area. The state patrol came in to run them out and they jumped in the tow vehicles and took off. The one beside me would not crank so the driver jumped in the towed vehicle and started pushing the other one. Then he jumped out and ran to the lead car and jerked it into gear and cranked it and down the road he went. It was funny because he almost couldn't catch up with the lead car.
I bet you were thinking …trip…trip you S.O.B.

Haleme

Reaction score
This was one of three trains at the truck stop. I told my wife I bet all those cars are going to Central and South America. Looks I was right.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

Metternacht

Reaction score
why spend $20.00 on straps when you can get a story for the grandkids!

unclelala

Reaction score

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I don't know how fast they were going but I bet those guys had their hands full. I was hauling a 1,000# wood stove one time that I didn't put any straps on because the outer shell was just light gauge stainless and a strap would have just crushed it. So I slid it up tight against the headache rack of my flatbed. 1,000# - couldn't possibly come off, right? Wrong. It blew off at about 60mph and it wasn't much higher than my headache rack.

Another time I picked up a used electric range after work. Slid it up tight against the headache rack and ran a 1" strap around behind it. Before I even got up to highway speed, that MF blew up from behind the strap and fell over it backwards.

The air coming up between a pickup cab and bed must rival the thrust of a small jet engine. I strap the shti out things anymore.

CharlieL

Reaction score
That this occurred In Portland explains it all to me! Our oldest lives there & we've visited a few times. So, this one's not too surprising for me all things considered!

aaron_huber

Reaction score
That this occurred In Portland explains it all to me! Our oldest lives there & we've visited a few times. So, this one's not too surprising for me all things considered!
That's in Pendleton, OR, crossing under I-84 on US 395. It's about 4 hours from Portland geographically, but well inside "Greater Idaho" culturally. :)

Users who are viewing this thread