Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible Towing pics thread

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Cool extensions on the rear of the trailer. Wonder what they are? Just 2X's?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
And there are guys that are saying if you're 10' over your towing limit (doubles mostly) running a shiny new setup you're killing babies and going to jail...

(see sig for reference).
How long are you legal for there?
And how long is the setup?

I am 55 ft truck front bumper to camper rear bumper and we can only have 75ft so i cant tow my boat (82ft combined) or SXS on the flatdeck (81ft combined) unfortunately my next trailer will be a 30ft so i am a little closer to legal lol

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
How long are you legal for there?
And how long is the setup?

I am 55 ft truck front bumper to camper rear bumper and we can only have 75ft so i cant tow my boat (82ft combined) or SXS on the flatdeck (81ft combined) unfortunately my next trailer will be a 30ft so i am a little closer to legal lol

It's state by state and it depends on who's regs you're looking at or who you ask.
Colorado is reported to be 75' now but I've also been told 70'.
We travel a lot in NM which is 65'
WY is 85'
etc.
Several western states don't allow it. Surprisingly CA does by special endorsement. Not allowed in WA or OR as I recall. Most of the eastern seaboard doesn't allow.

There are several states that allow ball on ball. CO technically doesn't but lots here do it anyway.

I'm currently at 76'. I know folks that are 85-90 and some with HDT's, drop frame 5th wheels and 23' wake/surf boats or enclosed trailers that are 100+. None of us has ever been bothered. Troopers have better things to do.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Not surprising as fords have always tended to have soft springs hell my bosses 2015 F350 platinum dually drops considerably with the 30ft GN shop trailer unloaded

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Nevada allows ball on ball, I do it but keep it small….a 3.5K at most trailer with a
less than 1K aluminum 14” boat behind it, sway control on little boat also. It pulls very nicely.
Arizona doesn’t but I make a fourteen mile incursion there regularly anyway, figure I would just plead ignorance and hope for the best.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
What the hell are those crazy Germans putting under the hoods that they now need wheelie bars! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread