Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T25.48 update issues

24carm

Reaction score
Just installed and my dual zone climate control has disappeared. My temperature Icon box on top left of screen now does not show the temp. # it now has a blue and red graph with no actual number. Also my up and down arrows for temp adjustment do not work..any one else having these isuues..just installed on July 20, 2023

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Did you install T25.48 on a 2022 model year truck with UC5? If so, T25.48 technically isn’t compatible with that radio. It can be installed successfully, but there’s no telling what kind of glitches will pop up. I’m running it on mine with no real issues, but there are some strange behaviors once in a while.
Try a factory reset, then reboot the radio twice by pressing and holding the power button on the volume knob for about 15 seconds.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
**Edit** Ok, so seeing what others are saying, looks like they officially made T25.48 an update for the 2022s a few days ago (I manually installed it on mine about 4 months ago). Everything should go back to normal after a reset, or letting it sit for a bit.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
My 22’ 12” just auto updated to 25.48. No issues on the dual zone climate, everything seems to be working fine as of now

Flea

Reaction score
You have a copy you can share for the folks that don’t get it OTA?

superjoe83

Reaction score
**Edit** Ok, so seeing what others are saying, looks like they officially made T25.48 an update for the 2022s a few days ago (I manually installed it on mine about 4 months ago). Everything should go back to normal after a reset, or letting it sit for a bit.
I'm assuming this update doesn't help anybody with a '22 to add any '23 features like the turn signal cameras? I'm guessing it still involves a bcm swap among other things?

Mine updated this morning to T25.48

Zeus2018

Reaction score
I'm assuming this update doesn't help anybody with a '22 to add any '23 features like the turn signal cameras? I'm guessing it still involves a bcm swap among other things?

I checked for that and no go unfortunately

Jimmy07

Reaction score

That would be a BCM broadcasting capability. 22s can’t do it.

Flea

Reaction score
Had about a hour drive to enjoy the morning on a lake. It tried to update, but got an error, -04 or something. Should have taken a picture. Does it try to update again in the near future? Nothing on the way home.

baker01

Reaction score
Had about a hour drive to enjoy the morning on a lake. It tried to update, but got an error, -04 or something. Should have taken a picture. Does it try to update again in the near future? Nothing on the way home.
Mine did the same thing and it happened once previously on a different update. This time I got the alert when I started the truck this afternoon. When I turned it off 17 miles later it wanted me to enable WIFI for downloads. I ignored the request until I returned home and got the WIFI request again. I guess we will see if it updates via WIFI to T25.48. I had a similar issue with S24.13, that time I did a factory reset and it updated a day later. hope to not have to do that this time. I think if cell service is spotty it can have issues and give errors.

Last edited:

Flea

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing and it happened once previously on a different update. This time I got the alert when I started the truck this afternoon. When I turned it off 17 miles later it wanted me to enable WIFI for downloads. I ignored the request until I returned home and got the WIFI request again. I guess we will see if it updates via WIFI to T25.48. I had a similar issue with S24.13, that time I did a factory reset and it updated a day later. hope to not have to do that this time. I think if cell service is spotty it can have issues and give errors.
Thanks for the info. Let me know how you make out.

evannadeau

Reaction score
I received this update (I think) on Sunday (4 days ago now), but it has gone horribly wrong. The apps page or the vehicle page will not open. I've manually rebooted the system by holding the power and Tune buttons, but still the same. I was considering disconnecting the batteries to see if that helps, but I doubt it if the reboot didn't work.

Does anyone have a way to download this firmware so I can redo it via USB? Otherwise, I'm waiting until Aug 3 for an appt at the dealership. I'll probably find another dealership that can get me in sooner.

PrescottNorm

Reaction score
@RamCares I received OTA MY23.T25.48 yesterday and let it do its thing. Today I notice I no longer have access to app for viewing the Driver and Passenger rear view mirror cameras. They show up on the overhead surround view, so I know they're working. This feature has been there since purchase in 2022 and now you decide to remove an item I always used while towing, this is totally unacceptable. FYI - there was no mention of its removal in your Upgrade Notes, so I'll wait patiently for its quick return. Thank You

Flea

Reaction score
Mine changed also after it updated. Even though I had no indication that it did update. Bring up the apps menu or page. Look up on top of the apps page. It gives you an option to view your favorites, or all of them. Once you have selected all. You have options on the left side of the screen to view those categories. Hope it helps.

PrescottNorm

Reaction score
Mine changed also after it updated. Even though I had no indication that it did update. Bring up the apps menu or page. Look up on top of the apps page. It gives you an option to view your favorites, or all of them. Once you have selected all. You have options on the left side of the screen to view those categories. Hope it helps.
Looked everywhere, apps for these two rear view door mirror cameras no longer exist. Quantity of apps on app menu also appears to have decreased as well, not sure which ones.

baker01

Reaction score
I received this update (I think) on Sunday (4 days ago now), but it has gone horribly wrong. The apps page or the vehicle page will not open. I've manually rebooted the system by holding the power and Tune buttons, but still the same. I was considering disconnecting the batteries to see if that helps, but I doubt it if the reboot didn't work.

Does anyone have a way to download this firmware so I can redo it via USB? Otherwise, I'm waiting until Aug 3 for an appt at the dealership. I'll probably find another dealership that can get me in sooner.
That sucks, The only other thing I would have tried is a factory reset but If you can't access the vehicle app that is not an option for you. I have not seen the update posted in any of the groups for download. Update. This was posted on another site and fixed your issue for some owners. "For anyone that lost menus / apps, switch to a different user profile. Then you can either recreate your original user profile or do a factory reset of the radio."

baker01

Reaction score
I would download it from uConnect if it would allow me, but that sight (using my VIN) just says I have the latest update.
The Uconnect site is useless for us Ram owners, many threads on the subject. Did you try to create a new profile? You should be able to access profiles by pressing the icon on the upper right side of the screen. In my case it is red in the picture, yours may be different. It will then take you to this screen.
1690424313563.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread