Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sway bars

sacarmic

Reaction score
Looks like I am going to be towing the trailer for my daughters marching band this year with my 19 2500. They are getting a 24' or 28' enclosed box trailer. Anyone pulling anything that size and feel they need sway bars?

Thanks,
Scott

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
20’ flat, 16 enclosed, and 25’ gooseneck here. Sway control wouldn’t hurt on something that long if bumper pull. Obviously wind will play a huge part.

Wileykid

Reaction score
I tow a bumper pull 30' toy hauler, and would recommend a WDH system if possible. Depending on the weight of the trailer, it will lighten up the front end, and it can be interesting with the steering without the weight distribution. Also sway control helps with high winds and 18 wheelers.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I have used several types of WDHs over the years and the one I like the best because it works as advertised is the Equal-i-zer hitch with integrated 4-Point Sway Control

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Big fan of the 4-way Equal-I-zer but the Husky Center Line TS looks promising if you don't need something over 12K and 1,200 tongue..

Users who are viewing this thread