Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swap Jump Seat to Center Console air bag question

Reaction score
This may not be the right thread so please send me to another topic if this is already being discussed. When swapping a center jump seat to a center console on a 2021 Ram 2500 Big Horn, is there electrical modules/wiring for the airbags that need to be considered?

I’m not getting good information from my parts guy at the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaeTod

Reaction score
I am trying to figure that all out for our 2021 Laramie 2500 I am 99% sure you will. We had no luck with the dealer as well as other car places...

Reaction score
Talking to Ram Customer Care chat, the seats are identical and looking at the oem parts I’m 99% sure as well. But I’m trying to get it figured out before my truck is delivered.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
This may not be the right thread so please send me to another topic if this is already being discussed. When swapping a center jump seat to a center console on a 2021 Ram 2500 Big Horn, is there electrical modules/wiring for the airbags that need to be considered?

I’m not getting good information from my parts guy at the dealer.

For just removing the center seat and swapping in the center console, no. There are no airbag sensors or seat belt switches/wiring associated with the center seat.

Reaction score
For just removing the center seat and swapping in the center console, no. There are no airbag sensors or seat belt switches/wiring associated with the center seat.

Thank you for this clarification. I’m trying to convince the service department that this is the case. I know the airbag module sits underneath both from previous posts but no wiring gets changed on the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread