Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOMETHING BIG IS COMING...

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Intersting. Ive never met a truck owner who has never (0 times) towed with their truck. What about hauling? Id imagine the absolutely atrocious mpg an EV truck would give during a towing situation would not be much different than when used during a heavy haul.

Seems you are talking about people who should probably buy an EV sedan, not a truck.

I've never towed with the vast majority of my trucks, and I've owned a bunch of them ranging from 1971 to 2021 models. I briefly had a gooseneck travel trailer I used an F-250 to tow, and had a car trailer I towed with an International back when they were still a thing. I use the bed. Gravel, mulch, wood, dimensional lumber, dump runs, etc. etc. but don't bother with a trailer.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Oooh, oooh, I know! They're making the font bigger!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Woot we are back and things seem faster…. Or not it was fast for a couple mins anyway :D

Last edited:

44Dan44

Reaction score
I have no interest in an E truck but I will say I appreciate what they've done here with design. Unlike Ford who seemingly just slapped some glow lights on the tired F150 design, Ram has taken a Tesla approach and said its gonna be different so let's make it different, own it. And if this concept comes to pass as rendered they will have the best looking E truck out there. The Rivian was a disappointment.
View attachment 50446
Nope!
Just wanted to update the official Ram Revolution Thread

It won't be this so much this
Image 1-18-23 at 5.43 PM.jpg

but rather this neutered amorphous blob

Attachments

• MY23-Ram-Ram-REV-1500-VLP-Hero-Desktop.jpg copy.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

jsalbre

Reaction score
Nope!
Just wanted to update the official Ram Revolution Thread

It won't be this so much this
View attachment 51950

but rather this neutered amorphous blob
Not really a surprise. They followed the same (smart) thing Ford is doing with the Lightning: Took the regular half-ton and only changed what needed to be changed. Same cab, 99% of the interior, etc. Makes it easier for them, and it makes it easier for consumers who can use most of the accessories still.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Meh, revolution = a dramatic and wide-reaching change in the way something works or is organized or in people's ideas about it.

Introducing the Ram Adaptation or even lazier the Ram 1500e

jsalbre

Reaction score
Meh, revolution = a dramatic and wide-reaching change in the way something works or is organized or in people's ideas about it.

Introducing the Ram Adaptation or even lazier the Ram 1500e
While I don't disagree with you, Ram Revolution was a concept. REV stands for Ram Electric Vehicle. Silly, but so is calling your truck "Lightning", or "Rebel", or "Power Wagon".

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong here, but I love new technology. I work with it on a daily basis. Some of it is a bit scary as to what it can do.

But I'm tired of having the whole EV shoved down my throat at every corner as they best thing since sliced bread and it's going to save the world. Sorry but it's not there yet.
And for those that remember history, There were a lot more EV's back in the beginning's than there were ICE vehicle's. And we see how that turned out.

You want to make a EV? Great, make it. But make it works and achieve something before you bring it to market. Enough false promises already..

As for looks, well to each their own. It's new tech and the future, so it seems most want to make them look like SiFi future vehicle's.

Remember the old flip transponder in Star Trek? and years later we had them. Flip cell phones.

But the tesla truck looks like it was designed from some bad video game of the '80's. remember the old James Bond video games?
Agreed - they’re not “there” yet. I think the suits expect lightning (pun intended) to strike twice - for example, no one would buy an iPod today - but those sold like hotcakes when they first came out - and if it wasn’t for the iPod, we’d never have the iPhone (if you haven’t seen the Steve Jobs intro of the iPhone - it’s a good one to catch on YouTube - itself not “there” yet when it came out, but where would we be without it today?).

There’s something to be said for “minimally viable product” when all 3 of those words are legit alone and together - leading to better features/functions in time. The downside is consumers are always the beta customers for the next big thing.

I’m sure there were plenty of people who looked at the firsts from Benz, Ford, etc., and thought - no thanks, the horse and buggy are just fine!

Users who are viewing this thread