Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So my wife ruined it for me ……

BadRam3500

Reaction score
So…..I’ll dive in here for a sec….warning, wet blanket alert….

The shape of the “salt chef’s” arm and the snorkel are remarkably similar and that is damn funny on its own!

What I don’t get is the use of “gay” there - what is that supposed to mean?

Are the however many people who have one of these things installed supposed to feel less manly, more “butch”, or otherwise somehow insulted by that?

Does anyone imagine there are no gay owners of RAM trucks? No gay employees at RAM or any of its dealers? No gay members of this forum? People who don’t think being who they are is insulting to begin with let alone expect to be used as a punchline…

I get it - we apparently can’t laugh at anything anymore… but I’ll tell you as a fat guy, I don’t find it funny when people are making fun of or otherwise disparaging fat people, and while I’m not gay, I can only imagine there’s a similar sense of not thinking it’s funny from that perspective either.

Actually - I did find John Pinette (RIP) one hysterical comedian….so it’s not universal I guess….

Welp - the beauty of the first amendment is that anyone can say (almost) whatever they want no matter who likes it or doesn’t (I’m not aiming for “dislikes” with this reaction but I get that it also may not sit well with some folks either….).

But the shape of the arm - now dammit that’s funny!
I feel like I’m going to step on a land mine, but I’ll go ahead and bite …. She said “gay” because it looks like a stereotypical gay guy with one flimsy wrist in the air . (Again stereotypical, being gay Is 100% ok . Blah blah blah politically correct ) I just found it hilarious that she said that .

SeaBee-1

Reaction score
Back in the '70s there was a back-yard cut-and weld-anything mechanic in the town of Duvall, WA, near me. He hand-built one of the first real snorkel rigs I'd seen and installed it on a souped-up CJ-5 jeep he had. Somehow he enclosed/protected the electrical system/sparkplugs from shorting out, bolted on the snorkel, donned a scuba outfit and drove across the Snoqualmie River under water. The river at that point was probably 100' across and around 8-10' deep; enough to completely submerge the jeep (maybe the top of the roll bar was exposed). His last name was Kuntz and he had a reputation for decades of building the most outlandish junk-car hot rods. Some of his rigs would burn the rubber down to the rims even on 4-wheel drives. None of them were 'pretty' as you could see all the welds and grinder marks - certainly no fancy paint. Once, he even connected two tunnel-ram V8 engines together at the crankshaft and mounted/welded that contraption onto a tractor with monster chained dualys front and back for a swamp truck. He's in his late 70s now but I hear he still fires up his acetylene torch and welder now and then.
Was it Mike Kuntz? Lol.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll just leave this fake a$$ thing here.
43a7a43137a2224cf54132b02cbb5b3e.jpg
fb2e67054f636839d2fe272c4b61030a.jpg

Sent from my work avoidance device using Tapatalk

jebruns

Reaction score
I never actually thought of a snorkel for water, but instead for dust. Guess it depends on where you live.
When I drive on the dusty roads we have around here, the dust does not stay below the level of a snorkel.

JimKIII

Reaction score

BadRam3500

Reaction score
This is mine built for abuse

Attachments

• 5F69948A-E765-472F-82D2-DBFCA47839B5.jpeg
    5F69948A-E765-472F-82D2-DBFCA47839B5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • 651D7BA9-30BA-4A8A-8579-913CCECD4DB2.jpeg
    651D7BA9-30BA-4A8A-8579-913CCECD4DB2.jpeg
    883.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 398742FE-8206-4E55-B821-581EE76A1055.jpeg
    398742FE-8206-4E55-B821-581EE76A1055.jpeg
    841.7 KB · Views: 58

Bombaman

Reaction score
Being from Oz pretty partial to them, has them on all my 4x4 Utes, major benefit is with dust, getting the intake up higher, but have also crossed some rivers with bonnet-lapping water.

That said, they were on smaller diesels <3L, so think the size you would need for the Cummins wouldnt look the best. But would need to see AEV's flow data to decide. Either way not currently planning on making the truck a overlander just yet

BadRam3500

Reaction score
Pavement abuse?
Nah kiddo . Abuse abuse .
I built it to work just waiting for gears , lockers and a nice truss kit .
Aaaaand maybe a turbo .
It’s been light duty off-roading as of late because I’m still working on getting the right geometry for the front since it had to be pushed forward.
But hopefully this winter I’ll have it shipped to the west coast and take a nice trip to Alaska

BadRam3500

Reaction score
Abuse When someone keys your truck because you cant park in between the lines?
It fits perfectly between the lines . I just make sure to park nice and far because of the haters that are jealous. You know , the ones that see a badass truck that most people would consider a dream truck , but are so angry with themselves that they need to take it out on an inanimate object .

BadRam3500

Reaction score
Being from Oz pretty partial to them, has them on all my 4x4 Utes, major benefit is with dust, getting the intake up higher, but have also crossed some rivers with bonnet-lapping water.

That said, they were on smaller diesels <3L, so think the size you would need for the Cummins wouldnt look the best. But would need to see AEV's flow data to decide. Either way not currently planning on making the truck a overlander just yet
Yeah , the snorkel was mainly for dust when I plan to take it to Vegas and Utah . This thing is too heavy to do any water fording especially without lockers .

Users who are viewing this thread