Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow Chief 'after' the fact?

kingofbytes

Reaction score
Hi Experts!

I'm new to the group and I'm in the process of looking at a few used 2015-2017 2500 HD Rams. I plan on putting a plow on it. However, some of the trucks I'm looking at do not have the Snow Chief prep packages according to the sticker when I look up the VIN. (California/Arizona/Texas trucks seem to be missing this the most).

Has anybody worked through not having the Snow Chief prep package and adding something similar after the fact? Any methods or ways to do this?

Take Care>>>king

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
The Snow Plow Prep package consists of the 220 amp alternator and transfer case skid plate.
The Snow Chief Group consists of the 220 amp alternator, anti-spin rear diff, aux switches, clearance lamps and transfer case skid plate.

There should be no problem adding some or all of the components you feel you need/want for your setup.

kingofbytes

Reaction score
Thanks! Yea, the components seem simple enough - just wondering if there was a 'kit' or if someone had performed this and had lessons learned. I searched youtube for video's but couldn't find something relevant.

hawkuh60

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the snow chief package can be added to a power wagon or 1500 after the fact?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You dont need any of that to put a plow on, all the HD trucks come with the snow plow light wiring harness under the fuse box there is no issue installing a plow on trucks without the HD plow prep/ snow chief pkgs

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the snow chief package can be added to a power wagon or 1500 after the fact?

You can't add the the AUX switch setup on a PW if that's part of what you're after. The swaybar disconnect and locker functions use up the wires in the bundle that would normally be used. It's still a significant retrofit to add even on a diesel HD that already has the AUX PDC. For switches, you're better off with an S-Pod or Trigger.

hawkuh60

Reaction score
True however I wasn't really looking to use a plow. I like/want the option and clean looking oem switches for other uses.

Users who are viewing this thread