Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Guardian

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I actually logged in the other day and the miles were updated to a couple of weeks ago, is that ok? How it is supposed to work?

Hi,

Every time you open the app it will refresh with your most current data, this includes your current millage.

Alison
RamCares

geektoad

Reaction score
Now that i've had the truck for a few days, I now understand what Guardian is. SiriusXM and FCA teamed up to create an equivalent of GM's OnStar service. I will definitely not be re-upping that service after the free trial. Back before everyone had a smart phone in their pocket OnStar at least made sense, other than being expensive. Now days, there's no point to these services.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Now that i've had the truck for a few days, I now understand what Guardian is. SiriusXM and FCA teamed up to create an equivalent of GM's OnStar service. I will definitely not be re-upping that service after the free trial. Back before everyone had a smart phone in their pocket OnStar at least made sense, other than being expensive. Now days, there's no point to these services.
my thoughts, too. Smart phone is much easier to upgrade as well.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Common misconception. Cell phones and satellite radio do not operate the same way. But we get it, y'all hate it.
not implying that they work the same, just that sometimes they come to the same conclusion...….collecting data on what we do.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Not nearly as much as the phone in your pocket does.
Agreed. I purposely do not give permissions to apps that are not needed. Means that I don't use a lot of apps, and only allow permissions when using the apps. Big Brother is real and in the room. o_O

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. I purposely do not give permissions to apps that are not needed. Means that I don't use a lot of apps, and only allow permissions when using the apps. Big Brother is real and in the room. o_O

LOL, you can turn your phone off and it's still being tracked.

You're kidding yourself if you think having Guardian is going to be any worse than what you already have.

geektoad

Reaction score
Common misconception. Cell phones and satellite radio do not operate the same way. But we get it, y'all hate it.

Nah, it's not a misconception. I fully understand the difference between cell and satellite coverage. It's not worth it to me personally to pay the fee required to cover the (in my my life) miniscule difference between the two. If it is a value to you, then by all means, feel free.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score

You're kidding yourself if you think having Guardian is going to be any worse than what you already have.
I am aware of that and have accepted that......now if SHTF, the phone gets strapped to a wild animal while I continue on.o_Oo_Oo_O;););)
I also have plenty of foil in the cupboard!:rolleyes:

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Only if the device has been hacked (malware) or the user installs/enables S/W (App) that allows the device to broadcast its signal when the OS/UI has been shut down. Otherwise, and generally, when they're turned off, they're off.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
It's funny but I used to think big brother was Uncle Sam but he's the least of our problems. Google, FB, Twitter, Apple, Samsung, Amazon, you name it are the real problem. We can't go to the bathroom without these sneaky Pete's knowing about it.

Riveyman

Reaction score
It's funny but I used to think big brother was Uncle Sam but he's the least of our problems. Google, FB, Twitter, Apple, Samsung, Amazon, you name it are the real problem. We can't go to the bathroom without these sneaky Pete's knowing about it.
Yep, went to the pooper the other day and got an ad for toilet paper! How did my hand held computer (aka cell phone) know? o_O

lovegolf44

Reaction score
Yep, went to the pooper the other day and got an ad for toilet paper! How did my hand held computer (aka cell phone) know? o_O
My wife and I have experienced multiple times, discussing a topic and then it magically showing up next time we use a browser. That ain't no coincidence.

Riveyman

Reaction score
My wife and I have experienced multiple times, discussing a topic and then it magically showing up next time we use a browser. That ain't no coincidence.
This happens to us all the time.
Was riding around in the RAM and we passed a used car dealer.
They had a Honda or Toyota (small car) sitting there. Made the comment that since the new truck is only averaging 13 mpg. We should look into one of those (said the name) with 30-40 mpg. To commute to work, this was BC (before Covid).
Next thing I know, just about every ad that was popping up on my cell was for that brand of car. Before that comment, never an ad for cars. Just trucks! Crazy!

lovegolf44

Reaction score
This happens to us all the time.
Was riding around in the RAM and we passed a used car dealer.
They had a Honda or Toyota (small car) sitting there. Made the comment that since the new truck is only averaging 13 mpg. We should look into one of those (said the name) with 30-40 mpg. To commute to work, this was BC (before Covid).
Next thing I know, just about every ad that was popping up on my cell was for that brand of car. Before that comment, never an ad for cars. Just trucks! Crazy!
It's appalling really. Google says it doesn't listen in on conversations but they sure as sh!$ do. Anyway, I'm digressing from the main topic, my apologies Gentlemen.

Users who are viewing this thread