Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service manuals

Abaker659

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the service or shop manual for my 2021 ram 2500 6.7 Cummings

CdnHO

Reaction score
Appears they have 2020 on disk. Suspect the 2021 manual will be available at some point.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Appears they have 2020 on disk. Suspect the 2021 manual will be available at some point.
Every time I have checked TechAuthority, including this time, it is out of stock. How hard could it be to create USB sticks?

fuchsroehre

Reaction score
Here is what I did.
Paid the 30 or so $ subscription at tech authority for 3 days and downloaded all sorts of repair/shop manual pages.
All the torque values around the engine and anywhere I would ever do maintenance.
Used the maintenance list (available in the owners manual) to decide which chapter of the shop manual to download.
Now I have something like 40+ pdf and video files on my computer. I can print them or have my computer in the garage while I do the work.
Oil change
Fuel filter change
Rear differential oil change
Trans oil change
Crankcase vent filter change
Torque list, since I use a torque wrench for 99% of bolts.
etc........
It's worth the money.

Last edited:

CdnHO

Reaction score
Here is what I did.
Paid the 30 or so $ subscription at tech authority for 3 days and downloaded all sorts of repair/shop manual pages.
All the torque values around the engine and anywhere I would ever do maintenance.
Used this maintenance list (also available in the owners manual) to decide which chapter of the shop manual to download.
Now I have something like 40 pdf files on my computer. I can print them or have my computer in the garage while I do the work.
Oil change
Fuel filter change
Trans oil change
etc........
It's worth the money.
Great idea. Didn't know you could download the docs.

fuchsroehre

Reaction score
Yes, see attached, that is 1 of 45 files of what I downloaded. There are probably 1000 more but might not be relevant unless you want to do a complete engine rebuild or similar.
There are also videos of how to instructions but I can not attach these files here.

Attachments

• Cabin_airfilter.pdf
    429.2 KB · Views: 210

Abaker659

Reaction score
Here is what I did.
Used the maintenance list (available in the owners manual) to decide which chapter of the shop manual to download.
Now I have something like 40+ pdf and video files on my computer. I can print them or have my computer in the garage while I do the work.
Oil change
Fuel filter change
Trans oil change
etc........
It's worth the money.
Sounds like a great idea, thanks

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea, thanks
It’s tedious work, but if you plan it out to set aside time over three days, you can grab everything, including wiring schematics, for one vehicle, then work on organizing the PDFs after the subscription ends. Tip- get the subscription first thing in the morning. The subscription expires at midnight. So, say you get it on a Thursday morning, you will have until Sunday at midnight.

Ickabod

Reaction score
It’s tedious work, but if you plan it out to set aside time over three days, you can grab everything, including wiring schematics, for one vehicle, then work on organizing the PDFs after the subscription ends. Tip- get the subscription first thing in the morning. The subscription expires at midnight. So, say you get it on a Thursday morning, you will have until Sunday at midnight.
Is there time (3 day sub) to get information on 2 vehicles?

PMJohns

Reaction score
Here it is, June of 2022 and NO tech service manual on CD / DVD or USB! When I called Tech Authority they told me to get a subscription. That is BS for someone that only works on their own truck. I have been a Dodge / RAM owner since the 1960’s and always worked on parts of the trucks that I have the tools and expertise to do myself. Now Chrysler-Fiat is trying to force me to take my truck in for service. The last time I took my truck in for service, EGR cooler cleaning, the “technician” used an impact wrench to “remove” the bolts that attach to the manifold snd he sheared them off. The dealership charged me for replacing the exhaust manifold. When I inspected the old manifold, it was clear that the sheered off studs were twisted clockwise! So much for “trained” technicians.

I am retired and on fixed income. I cannot afford to subsidize untrained techs and if Chrysler-Fiat thinks they can manipulate me into taking my truck into dealerships to do work I can do myself, then, they have lost a customer!

PS - I do have Tech Authority CD / DVD service manuals for 2008, 2011 and 2016 Dodge / RAM trucks, trucks that I no longer have.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Here it is, June of 2022 and NO tech service manual on CD / DVD or USB! When I called Tech Authority they told me to get a subscription. That is BS for someone that only works on their own truck. I have been a Dodge / RAM owner since the 1960’s and always worked on parts of the trucks that I have the tools and expertise to do myself. Now Chrysler-Fiat is trying to force me to take my truck in for service. The last time I took my truck in for service, EGR cooler cleaning, the “technician” used an impact wrench to “remove” the bolts that attach to the manifold snd he sheared them off. The dealership charged me for replacing the exhaust manifold. When I inspected the old manifold, it was clear that the sheered off studs were twisted clockwise! So much for “trained” technicians.

I am retired and on fixed income. I cannot afford to subsidize untrained techs and if Chrysler-Fiat thinks they can manipulate me into taking my truck into dealerships to do work I can do myself, then, they have lost a customer!

PS - I do have Tech Authority CD / DVD service manuals for 2008, 2011 and 2016 Dodge / RAM trucks, trucks that I no longer have.
A 2020 usb manual will have the exact same service info for the 2021-2022s. The only thing that changed after 2020 is a few in-line connector part numbers, but wiring schematics aren’t included on the usb anyway. You’re far better off paying the $37 3 day subscription like mentioned above, and spend the time pulling everything onto PDFs. That way you also get all the TSBs and star cases that are updated daily, and wire schematics.

CdnHO

Reaction score
A 2020 usb manual will have the exact same service info for the 2021-2022s. The only thing that changed after 2020 is a few in-line connector part numbers, but wiring schematics aren’t included on the usb anyway. You’re far better off paying the $37 3 day subscription like mentioned above, and spend the time pulling everything onto PDFs. That way you also get all the TSBs and star cases that are updated daily, and wire schematics.
Tried to find a link for a subscription but no luck. Anyone recall the link to get a 3 day pass?

kraftwerx

Reaction score
Here is what I did.
Oil change
Fuel filter change
Trans oil change
etc........
It's worth the money.
I am curious if you happened across wiring diagrams in the shop manuals? One of my annoyances is the fact that the GD opener works with the power off. I'd like to move it to an ignition-controlled power source but need to know which wire it is under the dash.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I am curious if you happened across wiring diagrams in the shop manuals? One of my annoyances is the fact that the GD opener works with the power off. I'd like to move it to an ignition-controlled power source but need to know which wire it is under the dash.

If you pull this mod off, please create a post.

Jimmy07

Reaction score

If you pull this mod off, please create a post.
Won’t be able to do this because the garage door opener isn’t fed an actual 12v feed, it’s a specific UGDO circuit controlled from the BCM.
FAECAEFF-C298-40B6-B96D-EC0FF788BA74.jpeg

CdnHO

Reaction score
Is the info that you download from Tech Authority in pdf format? Just want to verify I can view this on my Mac.

Dr.Diesel

Reaction score
I have the same questions. I am worried I will pay for the subscription but won't be allowed access to download what I need into PDF form.

Users who are viewing this thread