Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service DEF system fault (new fault)

Fern

Reaction score
So everything was great for mounts but now I've got more check engine lights on.
The codes are:

U02a3. Lost communication with left center console intrusion sensor

P24B5 Particulate Matter Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low

P24AE. Particulate Matter Sensor Circuit

P24D0. Particulate Matter Sensor Supply Voltage Circuit Low

I've replied the sensor with no luck. Im now thinking its the harness that runs down the passenger side of the trucks frame.
If anyone had anything similar happened let me know.
Im tempted to put a tuner on the truck and just delete it. But im worried that it will get worse and other wiring problems will come up.

flan

Reaction score
I’d re-check the wiring i mentioned in post and 8+10.

PRS

Reaction score
I think the U02a3 is not related to the PMS sensor issue.
I'd do as Flan mentioned.
You have an intimate knowledge of that harness that feeds the particulate matter sensor from your previous troubleshooting and replacement of said harness. Which means you know that the power and ground circuits for the PMS are in the left harness. All three codes point to a low voltage or a bad ground for the PMS. The output voltage from the SCR relay feeds both the PMS and the DEF quality sensor. So the first place to look would be the harness connector after the splice for the DEF quality sensor, which is connector XY900A pin 5. And you are correct that XY900A is where those circuits cross over into the chassis right harness and ultimately exit at the PMS sensor connector. XY900A is located at the back of the cab, near the right frame. Seems like a big job to replace the right harness for just one wire. I would thoroughly eliminate any issues in the connector XY900A. And then I would strongly consider running a new wire to the PMS connector by itself but buried in or along the right harness.

Attachments

• XY900A (2).png
    XY900A (2).png
    426.1 KB · Views: 8
  • XY900A.png
    XY900A.png
    843.1 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread