Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serious inverter power.......

oscar

Reaction score
Some of you may find this interesting....

Serious inverter power is an ongoing quest for many traveling away from home, be it RV'ing, overlanding or just hanging in the guvernment lands....... . I finally bit the bullet and am installing a system, but with a twist.....

Link is to my blog which is 100% non-commercial. The project is in progress, and updates are posted (almost) daily.

reese917

Reaction score
Very cool, I recently helped a friend with a similar set-up in his 5th wheel. I never thought about setting it up in the truck like that before.

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 22

oscar

Reaction score
That looks very nice. I am hours away from connecting it all.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Neat idea if you dont use the back seat, i am going with a solar setup when i buy a new trailer for now i have my generator remote on my bedside table so if the fridge beeps i just fire up the generator inverter without out getting out of bed :D

oscar

Reaction score
I thought about that, easy to do. Thing is, even producing only 750W/H, which is all I need without AC for a night, the thing burns 3/4GPH of gasoline on the fiver, and propane on the TC. The latter I have to schlepp bottles, the former I need to get into a gas station........ (I pump diesel at the truck pumps with a fleet discount, ask me about that....) Getting into gas stations can be "interesting" at 65 feet overall.

Attachments

• IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    723 KB · Views: 11

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I thought about that, easy to do. Thing is, even producing only 750W/H, which is all I need without AC for a night, the thing burns 3/4GPH of gasoline on the fiver, and propane on the TC. The latter I have to schlepp bottles, the former I need to get into a gas station........ (I pump diesel at the truck pumps with a fleet discount, ask me about that....) Getting into gas stations can be "interesting" at 65 feet overall.
I actually changed my setup a while back instead of using the furnace on the trailer i have a 30,000btu open flame propane heater mounted on the wall. With it on low it heats the whole trailer i leave the vents open too and i get a long time on the 30 lbs tank (plumbed in to trailer gas line) no fans no issues i can go almost a week with no generator just the 2 batteries in the trailer its the perfect hunting solution for me

jsalbre

Reaction score
Interesting set-up. Are you running the power from the truck to the trailer via DC or AC?

I've done a number of Victron installs, including the one in my current TT with a MultiPlus II 120x2, 800W of solar (room for 800 more) going into a Victron SmartSolar 150/85, 2 206Ah LiFePO4 SOK batteries, and a 60A Renogy DC-DC, all controlled by a CerboGX. Similar setup to what I ran in my AirStream back when I had it, but with more solar and the new 2 leg inverter. Between the solar and DCDC I run my AC full time when driving if it's above 75* and I can go about 8 hours like that. When I finally get back into the RAM I may add a second DCDC and then I could run the AC indefinitely as long as I'm driving.

Something to be aware of the, the MultiPlus isn't a 3000W inverter, it's 3000VA/2400W max.IMG_3860.jpegIMG_3847.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread