Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S&B air intake issues

Brandon22diesel

Reaction score
I’m new here, and could possibly be asking in the wrong group but I’ve got a 22 2500 Laramie 4x4 SRW. It’s basically stock minus Carli leveling kit and 35x12.50x24.. I have approximately 75k miles on it due to my job in sales. I just installed a S&B cold air intake. I had no issues prior, but niw have engine light on. I’ve had it cleared multiple times, and it’s showing reduced turbo power, and also some type of restriction. As soon as it’s cleared, not 2 miles down road it come back on. I’ve yet to switch it back to the factory intake, but I’ve got a couple of friends that have same setup and zero issues. His truck is just a year older.. the air flow sensor is reading.. any input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance..

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpeg
    IMG_1712.jpeg
    905.3 KB · Views: 26

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
this is a common issue on non deleted trucks. I'd contact s&b, or put the factory intake back on.

John Jensen

Reaction score
2022 air intake sensors seem to be very sensitive to airflow. Put the stock back on, if stock you gain nothing with the S&B.

g00fy

Reaction score
I have an S&B intake on my 2019 with no issues, but I went with the dry paper filter. Do you go with the oiled filter or the dry filter? It's been my personal experience that MAF's don't like oiled filters.

A friend of mine with a 2023 cummins is having issues with his S&B intake as well, and he used to be a mechanic, and he's kicking himself for going with an oiled filter. He said throughout the years he dealt with many MAF cars that had problems because of oiled filters, he just ordered himself a paper filter to try out and see if that fixes his issues.

g00fy

Reaction score
My buddy finally received his dry Paper filter that was on backorder for a while. Seems to have fixed all the issues he was having with the S&B intake on his 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread