Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RV with Furrion Vison camera

Viper67

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to pair the Furrion camera system (it’s wireless) on your rv to the built in display (12” screen) instead of using the wireless Furrion monitor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulling it

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to pair the Furrion camera system (it’s wireless) on your rv to the built in display (12” screen) instead of using the wireless Furrion monitor?

I also am trying to find out how to do this with my tow haul mirror. Instead of using cable and camera that came with truck.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

Can’t be done with that type of camera.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I also am trying to find out how to do this with my tow haul mirror. Instead of using cable and camera that came with truck.
If you’re referring to the digital rear view mirror and it’s tow mode camera, no other camera can be displayed on the mirror screen.

Pulling it

Reaction score
If you’re referring to the digital rear view mirror and it’s tow mode camera, no other camera can be displayed on the mirror screen.
Yes that’s what I’m referring to. I’m hoping something after market comes out. Or Chrysler comes out with something wireless that’s compatible.

Viper67

Reaction score
I have three cameras that use WiFi to connect to a monitor that came with the cameras. From Furrion called the vision a I think.

I want to send the images to the 12” screen instead of the included Furrion display. Surely there is a device that could be set to capture the signal and output it to a video cable and that tie into the 12” screen.

Pulling it

Reaction score
I have three cameras that use WiFi to connect to a monitor that came with the cameras. From Furrion called the vision a I think.

I want to send the images to the 12” screen instead of the included Furrion display. Surely there is a device that could be set to capture the signal and output it to a video cable and that tie into the 12” screen.

I was looking at Furrion cameras since that’s what my 5er is prepped for. I am holding off until something like you want to do comes out. Hopefully. I think the reverse guidance cameras on my truck should work well for the sides. I haven’t tried them out yet. I just got the truck and the camper is in storage.

Razzman

Reaction score
Can't be done that I know of. A guy I work with bought a '21 and worked with a programmer to get the Furrion on his trailer to work on the monitor too. The guy told him the system is locked and no provision to make it work.

Jimmy07

Reaction score

I’ll clarify what I said before- on the Uconnect 4 & 5’s, it is impossible to be done with ANY aftermarket camera/cameras.

Viper67

Reaction score
LOL i appreciate the feedback but not sure why it’s impossible. So challenge accepted. ;). Ah i now see where someone posted above that said the system is locked. So maybe its a function of the signal being encrypted vs an issue with the the 12” screen. That I can understand. Over the holidays Ill pull out my crap and see what the signal is like.

Ill contact the guys at the places that make the boxes to watch tv on the screens and so on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Does the tow-mode camera use LVDS for the physical signaling? Do you know what video signaling standard is used? Proprietary or something more standard?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Does the tow-mode camera use LVDS for the physical signaling? Do you know what video signaling standard is used? Proprietary or something more standard?
LVDS, yes. It’s proprietary, and only that particular digital camera works with the digital rear view mirror. Even the other digital cameras used on the truck won’t display in the mirror. Just like the CVPM for truck surround view can’t process the image of the digital rear view mirror camera, or the digital backup camera used on a non surround view trucks. And the radio can’t process the image of a surround view camera, or digital rear view mirror camera, that is plugged directly into the radio’s digital camera input.
Basically, the radio, CVPM, and digital mirror display can only process the image of the digital camera that was specifically built for it.

Razzman

Reaction score
Yup

New wireless Trailer Camera Prep Kit with up to four cameras (including night vision) is available across the lineup. Wired cameras are still available

Still waiting for details though
It would be nice to believe this would be retrofittable but something tells me it won't be, but we'll have to see I guess. Sure would be nice to have, I could get that monster camera monitor off my dash!

Woolfman

Reaction score
discovered this just now. only works on the 4", 5" and 8" though and only 2013-2017.....

That would be great and all but then you can't use your radio, gps, etc. I emailed them and asked if they had a way to connect to the mirror and they said they didn't but they would submit a request to the development team.

DougB

Reaction score

Woolfman

Reaction score
This only shows up under What’s New for Ram Commercial and the 3500/4500/5500 chassis cab. Hope that’s not all it’s limited to.
You would think they wouldn't only make that for the chassis cab trucks but who knows.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
In theory if someone could find a Video reciever for the furon camera then you could get the ford 12pin plug and set it up to work on the rams oem display i have seen it done with universal wireless backup cams and a receiver

Users who are viewing this thread