Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocks side to side

waveslayer

Reaction score
Hey I happen to have the same problem, I just purchased a 2022 ram 2500 6.4 with the schelzi service body and rack. I work in the pool industry and load rebar constantly and have the same exact issue my truck has to come down to 30mph to stabilize. I have replaced the tires from the cheap factory ones but no luck the spring and shock on its own doesn’t do the job, I’m looking into getting the bump stops replaced. These trucks should definitely not be coming off the lot like this. The swaying is so unsafe at speeds over 40. They should have made these trucks with leaf springs. Idk what they were thinking.
I would replace the rear track bar, that's all that fixed it for me.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hey I happen to have the same problem, I just purchased a 2022 ram 2500 6.4 with the schelzi service body and rack. I work in the pool industry and load rebar constantly and have the same exact issue my truck has to come down to 30mph to stabilize. I have replaced the tires from the cheap factory ones but no luck the spring and shock on its own doesn’t do the job, I’m looking into getting the bump stops replaced. These trucks should definitely not be coming off the lot like this. The swaying is so unsafe at speeds over 40. They should have made these trucks with leaf springs. Idk what they were thinking.
Throw a set of air bags on it problem solved. Its more the fact you should not be putting a service body on a 2500…

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Nope amigo. Track bar. I spent way too much money to fix the swaying and all I had to do was the track bar in the end

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
That makes no sense as the trac bar has no bearing on body roll or rocking so that is odd to me that it helped

waveslayer

Reaction score
That makes no sense as the trac bar has no bearing on body roll or rocking so that is odd to me that it helped
I had such bad body roll and rocking it was dangerous! I had Baja HQ drive my truck, made Cameron drive it, they couldn't figure it out. Went to Carli and had them drive around and they were stumped.

I bought a Thuren Rear Track Bar. Golden! Totally crazy. Now I do have air ride for full disclosure

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I had such bad body roll and rocking it was dangerous! I had Baja HQ drive my truck, made Cameron drive it, they couldn't figure it out. Went to Carli and had them drive around and they were stumped.

I bought a Thuren Rear Track Bar. Golden! Totally crazy. Now I do have air ride for full disclosure

Yes, the Thuren trackbar is definitely the fix for that waggle. Especially if you have added softer springs. I have been planning to add it to my truck. I don't seem to need it now that my shocks are outboarded. I may still get it.

Thuren track bar

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

Thats very odd to me as the sway bar would be the logical fix besides a set of supplemental bags. I wonder why the OEM trac bar would do that? Is the new trac bar on a different angle by chance?

waveslayer

Reaction score
Thats very odd to me as the sway bar would be the logical fix besides a set of supplemental bags. I wonder why the OEM trac bar would do that? Is the new trac bar on a different angle by chance?
There's a great video that someone did showing the geometry of the stock track bar versus the aftermarket and it is night and day difference

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
The waggle which most people describe as a sway isn't so much sway as it a change in the axle movement. The Thuren track bar lowers the mounting position. It lessens the side to side arc the axle makes when moving up and down.

broark

Reaction score
Same problem for me. I have a 2019 Ram 2500. When loaded heavy it sways or rocks so bad I have to slow down to 30+ mph for it to stop. With 3k loaded on it I cannot get above 45mph or so without it rocking like a boat crossing a wave. Truck has 55k on it.

Users who are viewing this thread