Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start with SiriusXM Guardian (not RAM Connect) via computer?

Etoimos

Reaction score
Is anyone using SiriusXM Guardian from their computer to remote start their truck? I was doing this when I had my Jeep Gladiator from my office computer, but my new Power Wagon came with RAM Connect and it would not work from my office computer. Now that my free RAM Connect subscription has expired, I'm thinking about getting XM Guardian again but wanted to see if anyone was successfully using it on a RAM truck.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
You can’t get guardian on a 2022 with UC5. It’s a different subscription service that doesn’t work with the new telematics, and your vin would be invalid to Sirius guardian anyway.

Etoimos

Reaction score
You can’t get guardian on a 2022 with UC5. It’s a different subscription service that doesn’t work with the new telematics, and your vin would be invalid to Sirius guardian anyway.
Crap, I was afraid of that when they went to the RAM Connect app. I guess I will not be able to remote start my truck at work which sucks cause its a quarter mile walk to the parking lot :(

Surgdoc4

Reaction score
I start the truck using the connect app on my phone. When the trial expires there are subscriptions to continue it. I did without on my last Ram but thinking about getting it this time when trial expires. I do not think it requires the hotspot but could be wrong.

Surgdoc4

Reaction score
Enlighten me please. How is it that I can start my 2022 3500 with my phone? It is on the Ram app and works from a long distance. Is this a service that expires? If so how can I renew it/ subscribe to it? It is not the Guardian.

Etoimos

Reaction score
Enlighten me please. How is it that I can start my 2022 3500 with my phone? It is on the Ram app and works from a long distance. Is this a service that expires? If so how can I renew it/ subscribe to it? It is not the Guardian.
The RAM Connect app is what you are using and can be renewed. SiriusXM Guardian is a different service that was used on older FCA vehicles.

My problem is I can't have my cell phone at work, so the computer method was my only options. And since the RAM Connect website does not work on my work's network/computers, I can't remote start my truck any longer.

Reaction score
really? Stellantis made their own call center to handle connected services calls?
I think that’s the case, Whoever they are using a lot of the agents are remote, I talked to one back last year to transfer ownership and she was watching tv at home while working. They were very good tho. The few times I’ve spoken to them it never rang more than once, no wait times and the people know how to do their jobs and are conversational with you.

Same cannot be said for a lot of other services like these. I was less than pleased with Sirius guardian the one time I called them with another vehicle

2023GregsRam

Reaction score
I think that’s the case, Whoever they are using a lot of the agents are remote, I talked to one back last year to transfer ownership and she was watching tv at home while working. They were very good tho. The few times I’ve spoken to them it never rang more than once, no wait times and the people know how to do their jobs and are conversational with you.

Same cannot be said for a lot of other services like these. I was less than pleased with Sirius guardian the one time I called them with another vehicle
They obviously work very closely with AT&T, because this is the network they use for remote starts, etc. AT&T does support part of the "connected car" program as well.

AT&T fully supports the wifi as well.

Users who are viewing this thread